• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the Best Marth right now?(Mew2King excluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Everyone usually says M2K which is part of the reason why he's excluded. The other part is that most of the time he uses Sheik now or possibly fox. So he doesn't feel like a pure marth main anymore.

So with that said. Who's the best Marth?

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I wouldnt say Taj, because the last nationals he's attended have been all Mewtwo...

I really like how Ice plays...

If Strawhat Dahean hadnt retired id say it was him...

Its probably Mango >.>

OverLord

Smash Ace
M2K excluded I'd say:

- Ice
- HBK, I.B., Taj, Dahean, Tani
- PewPewU, Dart, Falcomist, Makenshi, Neutroni, KFC, Bob$, Cactuar, Diakonos

Then others that are pretty good but I don't know where to put them:

like Niko, Tai, Salepate, DarkSonic and ARC

There in US I think HBK and I.B. are the best after M2K.

I know I.B. is canadian but whatever.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Honestly it really isn't region bias. We get to play with him, and Axe and I are kinda good at this game, so it's fairly easy to judge someone's relative skill in comparison. Taj is still on a different level compared to the newer marth mains.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
He's going Marth at genesis

**** off, Spam. We actually get to see his Marth, is the thing. The world barely sees it because they're all clamoring for his Mewtwo. You'd see more of it if he actually entered tournaments here. He'd be taking second place behind Axe easily. He attends all of them but just doesn't enter... and I'm glad he does, because I still don't have a chance of beating his Marth.

The last international he went to was Apex and he went Mewtwo because he wanted to please his fanboys. When he did go Marth, he beat IB

He went Marth against Lovage (and won), Light (and won), Lucky (baaaarely lost), and Bob$ (won as ****) at DGDTJ, and he would've gone Marth against S2J and SS if he weren't mentally scarred against Falcon from that 4-stock from SS, which I've managed to talk him out of in the last few weeks.

tl;dr: TAJ for #2 marth, excluding Peepee and Mango. Maybe even including, idk.

and if for some reason you people want to leave TAJ out of this...

I personally think I'm next in line. This will be argued/confirmed/disconfirmed in a few days LOLL

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Idk whats going on here.

Ivr met hbk, nice guy, but i havent seen any videos of him in over half a year now, and the last time i did, it wasnt "omg top 3 marth"

Im sure hes still a top tier marth main, but idk what u guys have seen.

Have i missed something big?

:phone:

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
no not really. Just remember two things:

Most, not all of SWF is pretty bad.
Most, not all of SWF is generally bad at judging skill.

HBK was super over-hyped 2 years ago. He has never really been anywhere near as good as people made him out to be.

Lukahn

Smash Apprentice
M2K excluded I'd say:

- Ice
- HBK, I.B., Taj, Dahean, Tani
- PewPewU, Dart, Falcomist, Makenshi, Neutroni, KFC, Bob$, Cactuar, Diakonos

Then others that are pretty good but I don't know where to put them:

like Niko, Tai, Salepate, DarkSonic and ARC

There in US I think HBK and I.B. are the best after M2K.

I know I.B. is canadian but whatever.
Ah ah Salepate just have to have more confidence in his play. He's seriously a beast.

Bing

Smash Master
You realize Taj beat I.B., and PPU is kinda... eh-ish, right?

(No offense to PPU, he's probably better than me.)
I.B Is a local, and beast, so I gotta say him :p(He is good for the record XD)

And Like, I would say Taj, which is why I mentioned him, but like I hate how lately(from what Ive seen) he's mostly Mewtwo, I would love to see him play more Marth because he is so **** as Marth.

And about PPU, When he's on his ****, he's beast, but yeah, inconsistent aswell :p

huMps

Smash Ace
2 - Taj
3 - Ice ( This is going off solely hype? )
4 - Niko, ARC, JTEG, HBK
5 - Azen, Dart, PewPewPU, Tai

Mahone

Smash Champion
Why is AZ getting so upset... if you guys are the only ones who get to see his **** marth, then obviously people aren't going to rate him highly...

Sorry huMps but Azen is a falco/fox main now :(

I think the best right now is probably my friend KP... before any of you give me ****, i just wanna say that I am the only one that gets to see his marth since he doesn't travel, but its amazing.... and it took a game off DRPP last tournament we went to (I'm actually being dead serious about this)

Beat!

Smash Master
IMO:

Dr Peepee

Taj (I'll take AZ's word for it, and I know he's mad good)

Ice

Niko, Tai, Dart, PPU, Bob Money, *bunch of more or less retired players*, etc

Not sure where to put Mango. I guess slightly above Taj, but idk.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Obv dr pp.....
I said Marth..........................

anyways some good ones mentioned hear. Some shocking ones not mentioned yet but i'm sure they'll come up sooner or later.

Anyways I'm pretty much the best Marth right now I just choose to sandbag for lolz:awesome:

OverLord

Smash Ace
but i havent seen any videos of him in over half a year now, and the last time i did, it wasnt "omg top 3 marth"

Have i missed something big?

:phone:
HBK was super over-hyped 2 years ago. He has never really been anywhere near as good as people made him out to be.
It's true no videos are out since at least a year, but his last relevant performance was 2-0ing Zhu and I.B. pretty easily.

I wouldn't underestimate that.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
I thought there was some recent footage of him wrecking **** at a east coast local. I know he jv 4'd stric9. Still pretty beast.

Tec0 is very good as well. And Hyprid had a recent impressive showing.

OverLord

Smash Ace
^ Yep I forgot about that set.

I didn't include Teczero 'cause I saw his Marth just against spacies as a secondary. But yeah, he's actually very good.

Niko45

Smash Master
This is a good topic.

If we want to talk back to like Apex time (for whatever reason) then IB is the most impressive Marth imo. He definitely has the best wins from that time period. I don't care who won the direct 1v1 out of him and Taj.

But really all the Marths in that range have been crazy inactive so nobody really deserves that title. They all have a ton to prove. The hype for Taj and Ice is really confusing though.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Pound 4 Daheen was AMAZING.

Ice looks really good.

I always thought Taj was inconsistent / not as good against people he hasn't played before, but I could be wrong. I'm sure the potential is there, but he's never done amazingly at a regional or anything like that =/

HBK is pretty good at some matchups but has a lot of trouble with others.

Niko likes to come down with dair =D

Arc needs to go to more tournaments, but he definitely has potential. Same thing with Dart.

But realistically I'd say PP's Marth is the best if you exclude m2k.

-Ice-

Smash Apprentice
I think Ice is the best

and Tay and IB second but not realy far from Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom