• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the Best Marth right now?(Mew2King excluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aber

Smash Journeyman
played with niko last night I'm more impressed with him each time I see him

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
let's get off this boring subject and instead talk about who the CUTEST marth player is
we don't have to exclude M2K for this one

imo it's Ice

&& what do Hack & Niko look like

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Lol, I will take this time to apologize to ???????? lol i forgot his name already (no joke, too lazy to scroll down and find it). My words came off pretty harsh and I was responding simply with emotion to one of my biggest pet peeves...

That pet peeve being how kids these days think the game has progressed light years ahead of where it was a few years back, say 2007, the prime of melee. At the highest of levels, the game has definately progressed a decent amount (still not earthshattering levels like many believe.) However, top players of 2007, if you froze their skill and transferred them over as players would be more than competitive with that weak *** 150 people you listed. I mean i see G$ in that list for christ's sake, don't get me wrong, he's a solid player but even i romped on him in a tourney. Drephen and I for example still play the same god damn way we played in our 2007 prime and we are more than competitive with players of today. **** I took Jman to game 5 in a tourney set last year... and who the **** am I?

It annoys me that people choose to tarnish the legacy of one of the games all time top players. I say tarnish, because you choose to throw out all his great accomplishments by saying 150 players (most of which can't even beat me) would be soundly beating him.... making Ken a nobody in today's game. The kid had next level mindgames, if he picked up the game again he would be a top 10 player in no time I truely believe that. But for this argument's sake, 2007 Ken is easy top 30-40. Ken with a few months trainig and practice is competing at the highest levels of the game again. Like I said, this game hasn't gone through the leaps and bounds a lot of these new players believe and try to push others to believe it has.

also, no shield pressure in 2007? wtf ur kidding right? .......

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Lol, I will take this time to apologize to ???????? lol i forgot his name already (no joke, too lazy to scroll down and find it). My words came off pretty harsh and I was responding simply with emotion to one of my biggest pet peeves...

That pet peeve being how kids these days think the game has progressed light years ahead of where it was a few years back, say 2007, the prime of melee. At the highest of levels, the game has definately progressed a decent amount (still not earthshattering levels like many believe.) However, top players of 2007, if you froze their skill and transferred them over as players would be more than competitive with that weak *** 150 people you listed. I mean i see G$ in that list for christ's sake, don't get me wrong, he's a solid player but even i romped on him in a tourney. Drephen and I for example still play the same god damn way we played in our 2007 prime and we are more than competitive with players of today. **** I took Jman to game 5 in a tourney set last year... and who the **** am I?

It annoys me that people choose to tarnish the legacy of one of the games all time top players. I say tarnish, because you choose to throw out all his great accomplishments by saying 150 players (most of which can't even beat me) would be soundly beating him.... making Ken a nobody in today's game. The kid had next level mindgames, if he picked up the game again he would be a top 10 player in no time I truely believe that. But for this argument's sake, 2007 Ken is easy top 30-40. Ken with a few months trainig and practice is competing at the highest levels of the game again. Like I said, this game hasn't gone through the leaps and bounds a lot of these new players believe and try to push others to believe it has.

also, no shield pressure in 2007? wtf ur kidding right? .......
Ignore/reported......enjoy life :)

@ hack you look like a child.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
listen closely ****head. It's not a top 100. It is a random 100. I didn't say he would lose to all 100 at any point in time. Learn to read. Besides I thought you were finished with this game? Speaking of bad at this game.....you are retiring as a never-was so yeah....have fun not being remembered while pointing and laughing at join dates like a moron.
Ignore/reported......enjoy life :)
LOL you are a joke

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
spam arrows ur literally the worst poster on smashboards all ur posts suck *** and thats coming from me

AXE 09

Smash Master
Whoa I need to lurk around here more often lol. The Pika boards never get this heated haha.

On topic... I really really REALLY wanna see Ice vs our players so I can have something to compare to. It's very hard to judge his skill. Until he plays our players sometime, I don't think I could give him a ranking. It's too hard lol.

:phone:

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Whoa I need to lurk around here more often lol. The Pika boards never get this heated haha.

On topic... I really really REALLY wanna see Ice vs our players so I can have something to compare to. It's very hard to judge his skill. Until he plays our players sometime, I don't think I could give him a ranking. It's too hard lol.

:phone:
*****s is mad. I am starting to wonder how all these MI posters are finding their way in here. Either way I'm going to spam the report/ignore feature and chill :cool:

As for Ice....well I sort of agree. He could get taken out like Over and straw did. Alot of adjustments to be made going from EU-US as well as PAL-NTSC.

Wake

Smash Master
let's get off this boring subject and instead talk about who the CUTEST marth player is
we don't have to exclude M2K for this one

imo it's Ice

&& what do Hack & Niko look like
It's most definitely Ice. The Peach boards have already had this discussion before, actually. :)

crush

Smash Master
no hes not.

unless hes like one of those people who look like theyre like 18 but are technically like 6 years old they just have some disease or something.

if so, we should be bros then because im 12

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Assuming Ice doesn't go It'll be M2K who Fox/Sheiks his way to the top.....

Assuming we no longer count him as a Marth(MAIN). I'm gonna go with Niko/Dart/Tai. I have a Feeling Taj won't place as high this time...assuming he's going.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Why do you think that about Taj?

im curious to hear from taj or tai whos the better marth now. taj has taught that kid everything apparently.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Why do you think that about Taj?

im curious to hear from taj or tai whos the better marth now. taj has taught that kid everything apparently.
Not because I think he's not capable...The same reason why he fell over laughing in finals against Armada. Everyone who plays this game for competitively has a certain fun-serious ratio. I just don't think he takes the game seriously enough to RAGE threw the bracket again. He is capable but I think he's teaching Tai everything he knows for a reason. Like all fathers he'd rather see his son do better than him ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom