• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the Best Marth right now?(Mew2King excluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
ive been trying to follow results and everything and havent seen anything particularly impressive besides your sick combo video
honestly, nothing outstanding

eggz on a bad day

i beat shoyo, but nobody cares about that, even though shoyo beasted our entire pool other than mango (i played shoyo BEFORE he won against everyone else, btw)

rusty forward

xelic in winners bracket

connor

and i guess i've been taking very very solid second places at arizona tournaments, below the really good people, and above everyone else :glare:

i hope to change people's (including my) minds after apex, though. let's see how that goes.

pewpewyou

Smash Journeyman
Im just gonna throw this out there and get yelled at by everyone.

1.(M2K)
1.TAJ
2.Ice
3.JesiahTEG
I feel like around here there is a skill gap....
4.G$?
5.TAI
6.Dart/Niko
7.Falcomist
8.I.B.
9.HBK
10.PewPewU
I know IB doesn't play that much. And I have personally never seen HBK play. So im sure im not doing him justice.
I've honestly never even heard of JesiahTEG. I can't disagree with Taj and Ice's placing but the rest is kind of all over the place lol. And btw, Falcomist doesn't even play anymore and he hasn't made any videographic (new vocab) appearance in over a year

Oh and also, Strawhat Dahean has an amazing Marth, though I haven't seen anything of his on youtube since Pound. New videos Strawhat, PLEEEAAASEEEE

strawhats

Smash Master
yeah i admit its realy hard to make a good list including me cause i never played us pros even though im preparing for that since one and half year :p i need to play you guys :D
apex please? I wanna play some friendlies with you. I wish Strawhat Dahean was going as well, we never got to play at Pound V. (which would've been ****/fun)

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
it's not like americans in general are a skill level higher. and if you mean our top level americans, well taj is probably the only one that's played them in real tournament and actually made them try..so i wouldn't call that fair. i know you still think he's top 5 but jus' sayin, we got americans listed who havent played the REAL americans.

personally i think it's m2k >>>> ice/taj >>> dart/niko/maybe one or two others
the others people have been listing.

i honestly could only see ice/taj competing against the top level players as of right now.
I dont have indepth research(but its more than blind patriotism) but i do think the average american player is better than the average foreigner. And of the main reasons is because Faab gets top10 at BEAST2(and most if not all tournaments overseas) but hasnt made bracket in 2 american tournaments.

I hate busting that out because i ****ing love faab and hed probably beat my *** something fierce.

:phone:

Max?

Smash Champion
Also for the record, HBK is still a ****ing monster and beat Hax in tourney at the last Sudden Death back in October. He should not be slept on at all. He's just lazy and doesn't have the same motivation fro the game like he did.

Niko45

Smash Master
Oh and also, Strawhat Dahean has an amazing Marth, though I haven't seen anything of his on youtube since Pound. New videos Strawhat, PLEEEAAASEEEE
QFT, dahean at pound 4 was the truth. At a time when there were like absolutely no marth vids anywhere he was really inspirational for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UTQGZraKoo

Learned so much from these vids, inspired me to get really good against sheik and stop johning about it. And yes that is NTSC for anyone wondering.

Aber

Smash Journeyman
niko if i ever come to pc's again u gotta teach me sheik....Or if you ever come to CT.....Or at some tourney or something

HugS™

Smash Lord
That's the real talk. I'm not too concerned with lists like this or where I rank on them I appreciate the love (especially from my ***** max, always has my back) but I'm not really focused on being better than other marth mains I'm looking at the entire field and I have a lot more to accomplish still and I'm glad that the hard work I've been putting in is starting to payoff and hopefully will continue to.
That's a man right there.

stelzig

Smash Lord
, from what i hear the high level players in EU play eachother pretty often. maybe i've mis-understood that
Europe has less big and international tournaments than they US so yeah... You probably misunderstood that.

I dont have indepth research(but its more than blind patriotism) but i do think the average american player is better than the average foreigner. And of the main reasons is because Faab gets top10 at BEAST2(and most if not all tournaments overseas) but hasnt made bracket in 2 american tournaments.

I hate busting that out because i ****ing love faab and hed probably beat my *** something fierce.

:phone:
It's not really a secret that the US has more good players (and more players in general). Anyone who tries to claim that it's not harder to make bracket in american tournaments is dumb. Even if attendance is the same it's just that more european players are willing to travel in the first place... The really big US tournaments are also actually bigger though. Pretty sure both those US tournaments faab attended had more players than BEAST2.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I feel like Niko is improving and should be a force to be reckoned with very soon.

1. M2k
2. Ice

I feel like saying Taj after? But I haven't ever seen him do fantastic as Marth except G2.

And from there on, it's kinda funky. I consider Niko/Dart/IB PPU to be up there.

Hack

Smash Journeyman
The (active) Marth mains that have impressed me the most so far are:

1: M2K (best Marth ever, that goes without saying; he was even the reason I picked up Marth in the first place).
2: Ice (he goes into god mode come the late/deciding matches of a tourney, there's nothing quite like it actually).
3: Taj (he's always been impressive, but his performance at Genesis 2 really made me raise my eyebrows).

Then there are loads of others (Tai, PewPewU, Diakonos, Dart etc.) that bring extra flavour to the Marth metagame, of course, and those who have retired (damn you, Strawhat Dahean...).

Big love to the Marth community <3 and remember: when you grab a Falco, no matter how good the player, he's just KFC waiting to happen ;)

Hack

Smash Journeyman
Beat: Thanks bro, but I can't really be an inspiration to myself ;) looking forward to seeing your progress though <3
Spam_arrows: Thank you! Won't let you down at Apex 2012 either :D

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Beat: Thanks bro, but I can't really be an inspiration to myself ;) looking forward to seeing your progress though <3
Spam_arrows: Thank you! Won't let you down at Apex 2012 either :D
If I end up at Apex 2 I hope to cross blades with you at this. I've been working on my Kirby game also :p.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
fine... i know ur bad at this game... and ken wouldn't lose to all 100 players on that list... lol that top 100 players is a joke btw ....
listen closely ****head. It's not a top 100. It is a random 100. I didn't say he would lose to all 100 at any point in time. Learn to read. Besides I thought you were finished with this game? Speaking of bad at this game.....you are retiring as a never-was so yeah....have fun not being remembered while pointing and laughing at join dates like a moron.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
listen closely ****head. It's not a top 100. It is a random 100. I didn't say he would lose to all 100 at any point in time. Learn to read. Besides I thought you were finished with this game? Speaking of bad at this game.....you are retiring as a never-was so yeah....have fun not being remembered while pointing and laughing at join dates like a moron.
He is retiring as the uncontested best ICs player in the midwest, and probably as the best player in his state. Nothing revolutionary, but it probably is more impressive that anything you will have accomplished when you retire.

Max?

Smash Champion
Trail is definitely very good Spam, you should probably know your place and shut your mutt.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
LOL spam calls someone out for not knowing **** while not knowing **** about trail

spam being oblivious, nothing new

you have no room to talk as if you've proven anything.....he simply has.

spam said:
I didn't say he would lose to all 100 at any point in time
spam said:
I said World Wide at least 100 people would probably beat him.
oh really? close enough.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
He is retiring as the uncontested best ICs player in the midwest, and probably as the best player in his state. Nothing revolutionary, but it probably is more impressive that anything you will have accomplished when you retire.
I guess I should shake his hand for being the best big fish in a very very small pond. there are less that 10 IC's players in this country. Where would you rank Trail?????? I'm not retiring anytime soon though. If you or anyone else wants to put me in my place I will not turn you away.

LOL spam calls someone out for not knowing **** while not knowing **** about trail

spam being oblivious, nothing new

you have no room to talk as if you've proven anything.....he simply has.

oh really? close enough.

What makes you think I don't know who trail is? I know all about him I just don't give a ****. If anyone approaches me wrong we have a problem...If he wants to resolve it I don't mind. This is my thread, The Ken distraction was partially my fault but we got back on topic. This ****head shows up days later and picks a fight with me. I don't care who he thinks he is if he approaches me that way I'm not going to smile and shake his hand.

As for the 100. The list were just 100+ people I could think of. I left out about another 150 people...but that post I made was at 5:00am.

I don't have the time/money to play this game competitively too often. When I have less distractions(real life things to do) I'll be more active. I may even make the trip over to Vegas to see you personally. If I manage to make it to Apex2 I'll play anyone who feels they have to prove something. Until that time I have nothing else to say, don't spam(pun intended) this place with bull****. P.M. me or keep it to yourself. I'm not responding to it here anyway I'll just report it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom