• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the Best Marth right now?(Mew2King excluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTru4cfYnkQ

PP probably deserves more mention in this thread. IIRC, he thinks he's top tier as well.
that was posted her YEARS AGO!!!!!!

and to sum it up basically PP's Marth looks very good but yet to be tested against top top top topity top top opposition.

Not that Chad isn't a good player but you gotta beat some great players to prove yourself legit let alone an alt. Still looks promising if he keeps it up. Still..it's like that old saying(and by old saying I mean i'm just making it up) You never know how good a swimmer is until he's swam in the deepest waters.

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
that was posted her YEARS AGO!!!!!!

and to sum it up basically PP's Marth looks very good but yet to be tested against top top top topity top top opposition.
Not sure if you saw when he played marth vs m2k's marth in tourney but he did take a game. I'm not sure any active marth besides azen can say that lol

:phone:

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Not sure if you saw when he played marth vs m2k's marth in tourney but he did take a game. I'm not sure any active marth besides azen can say that lol

not only that...
he was actually beating his sheik as well...
idk any other marth that could hang with m2k's sheik

Neji

Smash Cadet
I have a lot of Marth players that I like. My favorite Marth to watch is probably Mew2King or TAJ... really tough debate.

Best Marth (excluding M2K): TAJ

Honorable Mentions:
Dart, Ice, .JPG, Cactuar, Ken, Azen (I don't care if they are retired or not, they deserve props. Ken was my inspiration to start playing Marth).

That's my two cents. ^_^

Ryucloud

Smash Journeyman
A Place Where *****s Are Real=Rhode Island BABY!!!
i like tec0 marth as well and yeah dr.peepee does need to prove himself with marth against tourney great players.......but he was beaten mew2king at marth ditto at g6 and was beaten Hungryboxs puff with marth with it too that nobody seen in years so it cant be dat bad ...Ice is a must see in a theather near you but cant say anything till he plays over here and taJ is amazing
Ice
Dr.pp
TaJ

Neji

Smash Cadet
I have never heard of Tec0 until this morning. I watched some of his matches against PC. He's a pretty impressive player. A solid Marth, but a very well-rounded Sheik. I got respect for his skill.

Neji

Smash Cadet
he wasn't beating my sheik. We played 1 or 2 friendlies of sheik marth and i 3 stocked him, then in tourney it was a 2 stock.

in marth dittos i won about 2/3, but managed to 3 and 4 stock lozr's marth
That's because your a freakin' god. If anybody beats you in Marth dittos I'm going to call hacks.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Tec0's marth is really good.
I have never heard of Tec0 until this morning. I watched some of his matches against PC. He's a pretty impressive player. A solid Marth, but a very well-rounded Sheik. I got respect for his skill.
xD I play Marth a lot in tournament actually. I think I used him a ton when I played the last no johns when like zhu/m2k won. Maybe I'll share some of my Marth vids next time :)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
LOL vids plz?
not sure if they are all on youtube. I know Armada and Amsah are 2 off the top. Mango and PPU have before..G$ once or twice. Granted some of these are friendlies still it's happened. The set him and PP played seemed like a friendly anyway much like ROM1 GF's. :glare:

Tekk

Smash Lord
Ice beats every single spacies player in Europe with Marth: "meh"
PP beats some people at little tournaments with Marth: "omfg best Marth ever"

Dat american logic. :troll:

Battlecow

Play to Win
Ice beats every single spacies player in Europe with Marth: "meh"
PP beats some people at little tournaments with Marth: "omfg best Marth ever"

Dat american logic. :troll:
I hear Chillin's pretty good, tho, and that was a dominant performance. JUST SAYIN'.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I wouldnt call PPs performance dominant, chillin couldve/shouldve won 2 of the games.

America > other countries.
American spacies > not american spacies.

Mahie

Smash Lord
Is the Genesis 2 belt resting in America right now?

Although, I'll admit, american spacies might be better, but then again the game makes it easier for them too.

Battlecow

Play to Win
IDK mang, PP was lookin' pretty dominant. Didn't drop a game, had a couple 3-stocks in there.

Also Mango's marth deserves a mention. Aren't more than a few others who could do that well against Jman's fox.

Also America >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Europe, as a country and as a smash region.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
I beat Ken in his prime, too... just sayin.

But nah, that's cool. Tai's Marth is better than mine though. Put Tai ahead of me. :D

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I beat Ken in his prime, too... just sayin.

But nah, that's cool. Tai's Marth is better than mine though. Put Tai ahead of me. :D
Hey Taj, since I found that bracket for you, you should go to the Marth video critique thread a few pages back and give me some advice vs Sheik :)

Mahie

Smash Lord
IDK mang, PP was lookin' pretty dominant. Didn't drop a game, had a couple 3-stocks in there.

Also Mango's marth deserves a mention. Aren't more than a few others who could do that well against Jman's fox.

Also America >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Europe, as a country and as a smash region.

Europe isn't a country, and what are you even doing here anyway? You don't even play this game, stop trolling random boards.

Top marth are probably Ice/Mango/Taj/M2K/PP , in no particular order, then like Dart and Tai from what I've seen, I haven't played them so I can't really say much.

Max?

Smash Champion
The only thing this discussion has proved is how easy it is to make baseless assumptions about a wide spectrum of people from all over the world from ****ing youtube videos.

Good **** smash community.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
all PP did was grab chillin like 2345392340 times. Imo chillin has a ineffectie style vs marth. He does a TON of full hops, and full hop upairs of all things. and he would always dj out of hitstun with a falling aerial rght back into another grab. im not even surprised pp beat him so badly.

cant wait to see pp marth vs other fox/players. lol youtube vids.

Dart!

Smash Master
Europe isn't a country, and what are you even doing here anyway? You don't even play this game, stop trolling random boards.

Top marth are probably Ice/Mango/Taj/M2K/PP , in no particular order, then like Dart and Tai from what I've seen, I haven't played them so I can't really say much.
:glare:..............................................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom