• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the Best Marth right now?(Mew2King excluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
well i havent thought of him as invincible against falco since like ROM1...
but i still feel that foxes have nothing on him
Rom1 to me seemed like the beginning of the end to me personally. Dispite the outcome which was a classic gimp comeback of the ages. Fact is Shiz was dirting on Mew2King. Later at Genesis 1 Zhu took that and built on it enough to come out with a Win....it's been a long time Since M2K for me seemed invincible against falco. He was beating most but not exactly back to back 4 stocking them..the good ones anyway. Fox on the other hand....he just outspaces 99% of them for the win. it looks so easy for him.

Dart!

Smash Master
Rom1 to me seemed like the beginning of the end to me personally. Dispite the outcome which was a classic gimp comeback of the ages. Fact is Shiz was dirting on Mew2King. Later at Genesis 1 Zhu took that and built on it enough to come out with a Win....it's been a long time Since M2K for me seemed invincible against falco. He was beating most but not exactly back to back 4 stocking them..the good ones anyway. Fox on the other hand....he just outspaces 99% of them for the win. it looks so easy for him.
m2k went all sheik vs zhu i thought?

strawhats

Smash Master
cuz I'm bored of melee and bored of marth that's why

im surprised i still manage to be able to still be good tbh since i don't play i just show up to events cuz.. why not?
I'm gonna assume it's been like that since like the first RoM. You marth definitely hasn't looked the same since like late 08 early '09. I mean a few glimpses of your marth being badass have surfaced every now and then but nothing consistent, since like brawl came out.

crush

Smash Master
On topic of best marth besides m2k, Matt07 is definitely right up there with taj/ice/pp. He was consistently 3 stocking sions falco on stream.

:phone:

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Lol i find that hard to believe considering TRLahti is the only person who commented on the video...
and his comment goes like this "You ****ing suck you ***** *** *****... scrub."

i looked on youtube and could only find a few roy vids which werent very impressive...

you have any links???

Metà

Smash Master
Have you seen him play? He was playing friendlies on one of the canadian livestreams a few months back at a tourney. At first I thought he was m2k before I asked the people on the stream lol.

:phone:
lol

while it's plausible somebody could 3-stock sion

nobody on the WC (canada) has ever run a livestream

JesiahTEG

Smash Master

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1-7dUhFMfc

1st match :-P (Gotta brag once in a while)

also, this thread is really motivating. can't wait to get my car and travel more to try and claim this title. a couple months from now, even a year maybe, i hope to have the title of best marth solidified
I remember thinking this and saying man that Marth is pretty good. Never thought I'd play you at Zenith....twice....unlucky for me but I need to prepare for fighting good marths it seems. No longer living in the dead ages of Marth now it's not 09. :awesome:

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
PP has already been suggested and this has been posted. Thanks again though ;).

I get the feeling we'll find out who is the best inside 4 months. I dare say 2012 the year of a new age we will have a new Best marth. M2K's soul can finally rest in peace. Although I'm sure we'll keep dragging him back to singles.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Not to doubt a fellow marth player but...
sidebets AGAINST ice vs GOOD spacies in NTSC anybody?
i'm going to grab my flame shield.
I think Ice beats alot of decent Spacies but if you throw too many at him he's bound to lose. I think he beats eggm, zhu, jman.....people like that who are really good Spacies but never quite get there(well Zhu did once). His main issue would probably be against are Falcon's but I've seen him go Fox vs Falcon and do serious work. However S2J, SS, and Hax have a Fox game that makes the MU look 55-45 Falcon :p. Still idk...If he gets use to the game and doesn't get bracket gayed to early I believe he can get top 5.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
just to be arrogant and honest, no one's marth is even REMOTELY close to mine when I am confident and playing good. Like, not even REMOTELY close. This past weekend I used marth against Jman and won right after he beat hbk 3-0, right after hbk beat Hax. Then in crews I 0-deathed a fox I think taking 0 damage twice, beat renos sheik on dreamland with no gimps then 1 stock of mine vs 4 stock of haxs i took him to last stock 40%. I'm pretty sure my confidence is the thing that holds me back when I fight people I'm scared of. And it really, really holds me back =/

with that said, after Apex I will no longer take the game seriously anymore. I'll be at tournaments from time to time and when I get rides, but I am leaving smash behind me. Partially cuz I'm getting older but also because they're trying to ban my character in brawl for the gayest reasons with this bull**** called Unity and the game is about to be split up now. In general, smash won't be great income anymore.

so goodbye after apex, at least to the real me

Metameme

Smash Apprentice
mew2king stop being a punk *****

then maybe you will be raw

but right now

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
just to be arrogant and honest, no one's marth is even REMOTELY close to mine when I am confident and playing good. Like, not even REMOTELY close. This past weekend I used marth against Jman and won right after he beat hbk 3-0, right after hbk beat Hax. Then in crews I 0-deathed a fox I think taking 0 damage twice, beat renos sheik on dreamland with no gimps then 1 stock of mine vs 4 stock of haxs i took him to last stock 40%. I'm pretty sure my confidence is the thing that holds me back when I fight people I'm scared of. And it really, really holds me back =/

with that said, after Apex I will no longer take the game seriously anymore. I'll be at tournaments from time to time and when I get rides, but I am leaving smash behind me. Partially cuz I'm getting older but also because they're trying to ban my character in brawl for the gayest reasons with this bull**** called Unity and the game is about to be split up now. In general, smash won't be great income anymore.

so goodbye after apex, at least to the real me
First of all vids plox. Second of all brawl is dying, come play melee again :p. Also quitting is only acceptable if you win apex, you gotta realize that im pretty sure everyone you play is afraid of you (even mango), just don't get frustrated and know that you can beat everyone.

EDIT: If you post about not having your good controller I swear to god... it is a legit john but you're better than that

the_CAM_factor

Smash Journeyman
the ct smash ludus... or ecsu when im at school
m2k, the thing is, this community obviously loves your marth and we all want to see it, even if you dont win with it all the time. its hard to be a completely dominant force in smash when the skill cap amongst the best is soo close and you do possesses the skill to always rank high if not win. that said, you should just play whatever character you enjoy and are confident with, maybe after you semi retire we can see that, if you cant bring yourself to do that at apex.

You have 1 of the best Foxes, Marths, and Sheiks in Melee. What's stopping you from having 1 of the best multiple characters in Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom