• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the Best Marth right now?(Mew2King excluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dart!

Smash Master
I think Ice beats alot of decent Spacies but if you throw too many at him he's bound to lose. I think he beats eggm, zhu, jman.....people like that who are really good Spacies but never quite get there(well Zhu did once). His main issue would probably be against are Falcon's but I've seen him go Fox vs Falcon and do serious work. However S2J, SS, and Hax have a Fox game that makes the MU look 55-45 Falcon :p. Still idk...If he gets use to the game and doesn't get bracket gayed to early I believe he can get top 5.
you can say that about a lot of people. Anyone that can be considered capable of getting top 5 shouldn't have to be worried about something trivial like "bracket gaying"
what does that even mean?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
you can say that about a lot of people. Anyone that can be considered capable of getting top 5 shouldn't have to be worried about something trivial like "bracket gaying"
Amsah can get top 5 any tournament as long as he doesn't cross our falcons. For me Falcons or the good puffs are bracket doomsday for the Europe players.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
i dont think we should be johning for Amsah...

i mean the matchup against falcon is in his favor regardless if its PAL or NTSC

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
No it wasn't recorded =( sadly, since I was playing really good then

but sorry, starting like.... right now, I'm retiring from smash. I won't be at many tournaments anymore. I'll still be around from time to time but I will probably gradually get worse as time goes on and my smash motivation and soul for the game is now gone

Wake

Smash Master
I was going to say the same thing... it's hard for me to believe that Armada, Mango, PP, or Hbox could get "bracket gayed"... if anything they'd be the ones "bracket gaying" other players :p

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Ill co-sign...there were no vids from that tourney aside from maybe a few doubles matches. But I for one thought I was playing good that day and Jman beat me 2-0 in winners and 3-1(:p m2k) in losers, but then went on to get destroyed by m2k in grand. He was playing mad good that day, I still dnt see anyone too close cept Niko <3 no homo...but I dnt watch vids anymore.

Someone link me to some vids, I dnt have much to do today

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
i dont think we should be johning for Amsah...

i mean the matchup against falcon is in his favor regardless if its PAL or NTSC
It's not a john it's just a fact of life based on Europe's competitive scene. They are slowly getting falcon main's though but If you for example were a good Marth but you've never played against a good pikachu or never even seen one before and then you play against Axe in round 1 of a international tournament....well I expect you to lose...lol. Amsah I expect to do work against Fox/Falco's, other Sheiks, Marth/Peach for sure...but I wonder Falcon is like a wtf. In fact I wouldn't be shocked if some good Samus/Luigi players took out some europe players as well. In fact that kinda happened at Genesis 2(death pools).

Ill co-sign...there were no vids from that tourney aside from maybe a few doubles matches. But I for one thought I was playing good that day and Jman beat me 2-0 in winners and 3-1(:p m2k) in losers, but then went on to get destroyed by m2k in grand. He was playing mad good that day, I still dnt see anyone too close cept Niko <3 no homo...but I dnt watch vids anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z8_hhd3FFM :awesome:

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
starting like.... right now, I'm retiring from smash.
Someone should go through M2k's post history to see how many times he's said this. I bet its at least 50 times that he's said that he is retired/going to retire.

It's not a john it's just a fact of life based on Europe's competitive scene. They are slowly getting falcon main's though but If you for example were a good Marth but you've never played against a good pikachu or never even seen one before and then you play against Axe in round 1 of a international tournament....well I expect you to lose...lol. Amsah I expect to do work against Fox/Falco's, other Sheiks, Marth/Peach for sure...but I wonder Falcon is like a wtf. In fact I wouldn't be shocked if some good Samus/Luigi players took out some europe players as well. In fact that kinda happened at Genesis 2(death pools).
I half agree with you. I understand that Europe's falcons are a bit behind, but the argument can be reversed. We could send Mango over there and he'd basically **** everyone except maybe Armada. Someone could then say that it was possible because Europe's Fox/Falco/Puff/ players arent at the same level as American spacie/puff players

Either way Amsah got outplayed by Hax. Hax didnt get lucky or use a gimmick. Same goes for Silentspectre beating Armada at Pound4.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Someone should go through M2k's post history to see how many times he's said this. I bet its at least 50 times that he's said that he is retired/going to retire.

I half agree with you. I understand that Europe's falcons are a bit behind, but the argument can be reversed. We could send Mango over there and he'd basically **** everyone except maybe Armada. Someone could then say that it was possible because Europe's Fox/Falco/Puff/ players arent at the same level as American spacie/puff players

Either way Amsah got outplayed by Hax. Hax didnt get lucky or use a gimmick. Same goes for Silentspectre beating Armada at Pound4.
you could reverse the argument and it would still be true. Europe is still in it's baby stages compared to USA's competitive scene. They are still maxing certain top/high tier characters here were as that has kinda already been done in the US. Adaptation is the key though. Armada seems to have adjusted after seeing him play S2J(I think best falcon right now) and winning I believe he's basically laid falcon's demon to rest. Amsah's turn now.

Wake

Smash Master
Except, Armada seemed to have a lot of trouble with Fuzzyness at BEAST II, so I dunno if this Falcon thing is over for him yet :p

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Except, Armada seemed to have a lot of trouble with Fuzzyness at BEAST II, so I dunno if this Falcon thing is over for him yet :p
That is more of a style difference from what I could see. The reason why Armada struggled more with Hbox Puff then at apex1 then he did against Mango at genesis1 is because of the styles. Mango loves to mix it up and fight it out. Hbox loves to camp. He could play the MU with a Puff willing to fight with him but Hbox wanted no part of it. Same goes for Fuzzy's Falcon. Until that set I have never seen a campy Falcon. It might be a good idea for some Falcon's to start doing it sometimes because it was working for awhile but...it's ghey.

Niko45

Smash Master

So tight I missed out on you bodying people with Marth again.

As for me I'm still kinda fake at times, sorta wavering between fake and legit. I need more time.

Dart!

Smash Master
That is more of a style difference from what I could see. The reason why Armada struggled more with Hbox Puff then at apex1 then he did against Mango at genesis1 is because of the styles. Mango loves to mix it up and fight it out. Hbox loves to camp. He could play the MU with a Puff willing to fight with him but Hbox wanted no part of it. Same goes for Fuzzy's Falcon. Until that set I have never seen a campy Falcon. It might be a good idea for some Falcon's to start doing it sometimes because it was working for awhile but...it's ghey.
"it's gay" is a john. anything that isn't playing to win in tournament when there's money on the line is johns.
Saying amsah WILL lose to our "falcons" (there's 1 possibly 2 that CAN beat him) is a gross overstatement, let alone the fact that amsah will no doubt TRAIN IN THE MATCHUP.
If amsah's "capable" of getting top 5, he won't be getting bracket gayed. especially since Guaranteed top 5 quality players don't get worse than 1st seed.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
"it's gay" is a john. anything that isn't playing to win in tournament when there's money on the line is johns.
Saying amsah WILL lose to our "falcons" (there's 1 possibly 2 that CAN beat him) is a gross overstatement, let alone the fact that amsah will no doubt TRAIN IN THE MATCHUP.
If amsah's "capable" of getting top 5, he won't be getting bracket gayed. especially since Guaranteed top 5 quality players don't get worse than 1st seed.
he's obviously capable since he has already done it. My only point is there is one think talent cannot overcome sometimes and that is experience. If the players are of equal skill but one has much great experience in a MU then that person has an edge.

Dart!

Smash Master
experience doesn't guarantee victory, it doesn't really qualify as an edge. That's why up and comers pull upsets frequently.

strawhats

Smash Master
anyone in mind? Personally I think Darkrain's in your face playstyle, when he's on point, would be hell for Armada to deal with...although Jeapie is kinda similar(armada's beaten him before) , but he's not as efficient as darkrain. I hope David/Jeff go to Apex. I feel that Darkrain is/was like the best falcon against peach.

Also S2J may be the best falcon now(I guess he'll prove that he's better than Hax at Apex if there is still any doubt) but I don't think his style is best suited in playing armada's peach.

Also interested in seeing S2J/Silentspectre/Darkrain vs Amsah

OverLord

Smash Ace
your saying the up and comers her are winning in MU's they haven't played?
Tect did wonderful against HBox last November without ever met a Puff before, he isn't actually an up and comer but he doesn't show up that frequently.

anyone in mind? Personally I think Darkrain's in your face playstyle, when he's on point, would be hell for Armada to deal with...although Jeapie is kinda similar(armada's beaten him before) , but he's not as efficient as darkrain. I hope David/Jeff go to Apex. I feel that Darkrain is/was like the best falcon against peach.

Also S2J may be the best falcon now(I guess he'll prove that he's better than Hax at Apex if there is still any doubt) but I don't think his style is best suited in playing armada's peach.

I do think Hax is still the best. We'll see soon.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Tect did wonderful against HBox last November without ever met a Puff before, he isn't actually an up and comer but he doesn't show up that frequently.

tect who? post vids if they exist.

I do think Hax is still the best. We'll see soon.
I think hax and S2J are the Darkrain and Silentspectre of our time. Darkrain beat SS but SS outplaced him. I think Hax might beat S2J but S2J might outplace him again. Then again...if Hax gets off he's unstoppable.

Dart!

Smash Master
your saying the up and comers her are winning in MU's they haven't played?

Darkrain is retired, Hax is who i was referring to (i'm giving an honorary mention to S2j only because he didn't beat m2k)

JPOBS

Smash Hero
s2j has only outplaced hax once that I'm aware of (genesis 2), and that was only by a single position. Hax outplaced s2j pretty significantly at pound 5, as well as having streaks of overall impressive performances for years now, while johnny has only relatively recently started to move up. I don't think its fair to say s2j is better right now after just one tourny.

I think they are both better than Darkrain/SS at this point though, if only due to inactivity on those guys part.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
s2j has only outplaced hax once that I'm aware of (genesis 2), and that was only by a single position. Hax outplaced s2j pretty significantly at pound 5, as well as having streaks of overall impressive performances for years now, while johnny has only relatively recently started to move up. I don't think its fair to say s2j is better right now after just one tourny.

I think they are both better than Darkrain/SS at this point though, if only due to inactivity on those guys part.
the fact that one guy has consistently placed higher at internationals compared to the other who's had one really good placing and the rest hometown victories is all the more reason to compare these guys to SS and Darkrain :laugh:

OverLord

Smash Ace
Tect is a canadian Fox player. I don't know if there are videos out there.

He brought HBox to last stock multiple times, even Juan was impressed. He didn't ever played a Puff before.

He also beat Kage at Gaming Ottawa some months ago if I recall right.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Tect is a canadian Fox player. I don't know if there are videos out there.

He brought HBox to last stock multiple times, even Juan was impressed. He didn't ever played a Puff before.

He also beat Kage at Gaming Ottawa some months ago if I recall right.
ah I see. I actually managed to do something similar(with fox at least). Shooting lasers and baiting/camping makes the MU kinda fun.

anyways with that said I think I remember this guy actually I just had no idea who he was. Still despite doing well he didn't win the tournament if i recall.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I think I'm gonna go to Apex 2 and actually try to win this time instead of getting bored and swapping to super alts like Luigi and Ganon..:awesome:

ryulord_678

Smash Cadet
right now, best marth has to be PP.

Marth mains need to watch him and take notes! So many marths just sacrifice mobility to throw out attacks. Just my opinion.

-rl

Bing

Smash Master
PP isnt a Marth main so bringing him into this conversation is sort of invalid... <-- He went Falco at Gen2.

I agree with Dart's mindset, Just shut up and put the cards down.

Btw Hax is the best Falcon. Jeff has been on a bit of a decline, Darkrains retired, S2J's is defs Number 2 though :p

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
^ It doesn't disqualify him from being someone to learn from.

why because he beat chads ganon in the finals at that one tournament right?
He also beat Chillin very easily with Marth? I doubt any other non-m2k Marth main in the US would do so.

He also went evenish with m2k's characters at a G6 2. Sure, they split, but sets seemed fairly serious to me. At the very least it counts for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom