• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the Best Marth right now?(Mew2King excluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
"the haters will just say I can't win with Falco and that'll piss me off"

Don´t care about haters. Do what you truley feels is the right thing to do.

Im playing Y link and have a lot of haters but I don´t care if they don´t like it =)
Spoken like a champ.

I will counterpick sleeping spacies to FD or brinstar and haters gonna hate.

:phone:

the_CAM_factor

Smash Journeyman
the ct smash ludus... or ecsu when im at school
I'd play Taj in Marth dittos. =) MM?

Also KK I would use Marth for Samus for all of those reasons you suggested BUT the haters will just say I can't win with Falco and that'll piss me off. Then they'll say it's just because I use Falco so THEN I use Marth and it gets to the point where I become legit eventually. Also I want to do it for myself with Falco.

Marth makes a TON of sense to me so even I'm kinda annoyed that I'm not playing him more haha but hopefully that will change.

I don't really mind people saying my Marth has to prove itself because I suppose it does. I'll get around to that in at least some MMs at the upcoming majors hopefully. =)
pp you need to mm hbox, armada and the rest of the top players. it would be awesome and i think all of the marths would approve in seeing your playstyle

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I know you're right Armada, but I guess I don't want to blow my Falco-only thing on a matchup I feel like I could win anyway. I feel like I'd give up like I would have if I switched to Fox instead of stayed Falco vs Hungrybox when I was losing to him for like 1 year straight every couple months LOL.

The haters thing is more of an aside but yeah I really should just ignore it. I do really like support though so it's a difficult thing to wrestle with at times, even though as a competitor I should just learn to not care and play who I have the best shot at winning with anyway.

Edit: I'd play all of the top players with Marth but I don't think that'd go TOO swell right now(for me vs MOST of them lol).

Bing

Smash Master
Well, atleast Armada can stand on this. ``People who dont have a Genesis 2 Championship belt say what?`` Or straight up ``Oh right you complain about me using Ylink... that low tier character yeah...``

On Another note, Dart`s legit, even vs Mango in Crews you held your own, didnt win but its not like you got ***** from one side of the screen to another. Not liking someone style, doesnt mean their not good.

PP has a great marth, but it hasnt been used enough of a large scale to be considered a top Marth main. Besides, we are talking about MAINS are we not?

Taj or Ice is top...

All of this IS an opinion...

Btw I.B`s ****, wish he would come out more :(

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575

Im playing Y link and have a lot of haters but I don´t care if they don´t like it =)
Dude nobody hates you because of your character choice. I think its more of "Imma time this ***** out for using puff"... but whatever... it really doesnt bother me
I personally find your Ylink matches vs Hbox hilarious :awesome:

Aber

Smash Journeyman
he doesnt win because most people have no idea how to fight marth. That must be it. Yeah **** u guys.

-rl
Wait, what? Marth is a common and popular high tier character that everyone SHOULD and most do know how to fight against

Dart!

Smash Master
Well, atleast Armada can stand on this. ``People who dont have a Genesis 2 Championship belt say what?`` Or straight up ``Oh right you complain about me using Ylink... that low tier character yeah...``

On Another note, Dart`s legit, even vs Mango in Crews you held your own, didnt win but its not like you got ***** from one side of the screen to another. Not liking someone style, doesnt mean their not good.

PP has a great marth, but it hasnt been used enough of a large scale to be considered a top Marth main. Besides, we are talking about MAINS are we not?

Taj or Ice is top...

All of this IS an opinion...

Btw I.B`s ****, wish he would come out more :(
THANK YOU for understanding.
Its not that i don't like peepee's style at all, but the discussion is MARTH MAINS
We all know peepee is practically the best player ever, no one can say otherwise. Obviously he's a smart player and he can play other chars well because of that. When the money's on the line he will go Falco though, because he's a falco MAIN. His marth makes great decisions and is very clean but he's a falco main, don't forget!

Dart!

Smash Master
Uhhh PC won the last No Johns he attended which had like 50+ people, and he beat Jman and a number of other "Top Level" who would be considered 'new school'.

Just saying. He is easily still a top player, and it's not like he just random shows up every now and then. Our crew plays and travels to play with other people in Tristate at least 2 or 3 times a week.
PC beat jman? niiiiiiice.

Armada

Smash Lord
PP: Both sides of playing all Falco or have one char for one MU have pros/cons but it gives you more pros if you wanna do it =).

I wanted to do that with Peach too but yeah I guess I hate Puff more than you or something :p

ShadwPhoenx: Haha yeah it can be like that too =).

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Yall haven't seen MY MARTH yet....

It's a green Dinosaur w/eggs it's pretty cool! <3
/troll

also.. I like Taj's Marth ALOT! ^^ I've been a fan of Taj since he was a Sheik main, so I'm biased ^^ Dart, IMO, is very VERY underappreciated... He came in from MW, and like nearly everyone, thought he was just for show, and then he made it out of bracket at Gen2.. Major props to Dart, his marth is purdy tight :p, I've played these marths personally and it's fantastic... based off videos... I like niko's, ice, spam_arrows, Tai's is pretty cool too, man all you marth's are pretty cool <3.. I wish I could play marth.... oh shh... Uhhh I mean.. my Marth is AMAZING!!

Just play YOSHI as a secondary, and i'll love you for LIKE forever!!
Grrrrrrrrrr.. You all ignored my lame attempt at a troll/my opinions on marth.... I was gonna make you all an awesome marth compilation super, ultra, mega, ultimate combo video, whatchamacallit, thingamajig, too but NOOOO.. I m taking it back now!! GRRR :mad:

I <3 you guys! n_n as long as you know... Hey i did put an opinion though.. :(

EDIT: Armada, not sure if you're still here, but I'd love to play your Ylink with my Yoshi! n_n, ^^; (Or your peach as long as you promise not to 4 stock me) :p <3

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Pshhhhh, sorry I can't have you all killin my style you know!

wow I just lost to a level 9 ganondorf...............................I suck...
>.>

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace

So true.

Play gay against someone who also plays gay, then after you're done you can have awesome stuff happen with PP and Mango.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
PP: Both sides of playing all Falco or have one char for one MU have pros/cons but it gives you more pros if you wanna do it =).

I wanted to do that with Peach too but yeah I guess I hate Puff more than you or something :p

ShadwPhoenx: Haha yeah it can be like that too =).
Yeah exactly the upsides of solo main are pretty tight haha. I agree that having a potential backup character is a huge psychological and generally effective plan in terms of CP stages and such too so it's not like that potential goes to waste.

I think I have more Hbox experience than you which is probably a big deal when determining the matchup LOL. I dunno though maybe Peach is much worse off than Falco vs Puff....you know 400X more about Peach than me so I couldn't really say XD It'd be cool if you did return to Peach only to avoid the inevitable CP game that seems to be coming up but if you're confident about winning that then you're fine because Hbox is the only puff worth being concerned over(for the time being anyway).

huMps

Smash Ace
What PP said. All Hbox has to do now is counter with sheik. So I guess it all comes down to winning the first match?

That will be the most lame set of all time lol.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
A double blind worth several hundred dollars sounds hype to me =p

No but seriously who knows how it'll play out until it happens. I say don't write it off as boring if it hasn't happened yet lol. If it turns out mad boring then next time I'll probably cringe when they both sit down lol.

Edit: I shouldn't have helped derail the thread but this topic is cool to me but I'll try to leave it alone now. XD

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
pp should go all marth

i want the game to get back to marth ditto gf's in national tourneys, that would be cool

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ummm sometimes lol. If I record myself then I study those videos a good bit for a couple days. Youtube watching myself I do periodically to get ready for tournaments. I used to not enjoy watching myself at all but I decided I became tolerable for myself to watch RoM3 and on haha.

I guess overall I watch myself a fair amount but I dunno if it's "a lot" or not haha.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Awwwww that's no fun =( I really enjoy Marth dittos so I'm definitely in the "would watch GFs of Marth dittos many many times" camp. XD

Niko45

Smash Master
Awwwww that's no fun =( I really enjoy Marth dittos so I'm definitely in the "would watch GFs of Marth dittos many many times" camp. XD
It's just like 4 minutes straight of one Marth trying to get up from the ledge and the other Marth trying not to let him back on. :(

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
It's just like 4 minutes straight of one Marth trying to get up from the ledge and the other Marth trying not to let him back on. :(
What about all the cool stuff that happens before and after that? And you can get up from the edge lol it's just not easy.

I mean the sexy movement tricksies though! =p

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
honestly, i think marth and falco dittos are the most tolerable top/high tier mirror matches. fox/puff/peach/puff dittos are all whaaaaack. captain dittos are legit, but that's a given

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i just rewatched azens 3 stock comeback on ken like last week

maybe its because of the time i entered the game, but marth just makes me think of greatness in this game and i dont think that will ever change

he just belongs in the most important sets

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
honestly, i think marth and falco dittos are the most tolerable top/high tier mirror matches. fox/puff/peach/puff dittos are all whaaaaack. captain dittos are legit, but that's a given
marth and falco dittos are awesome to watch...

falcon dittos are the best though...

i like sheik dittos.... dont hit me

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
^ It doesn't disqualify him from being someone to learn from.

He also beat Chillin very easily with Marth? I doubt any other non-m2k Marth main in the US would do so.

He also went evenish with m2k's characters at a G6 2. Sure, they split, but sets seemed fairly serious to me. At the very least it counts for something.
we didn't go even. we played many marth dittos and i won about idk almost 2/3rds over like idk 8? games or something similar along those lines, and 2 sheik games vs his marth, 3 stock low % and a 2 stock high %. He could be 2nd best marth though but idk it's between him and taj and ice and ken's prime, depends MU I guess idk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom