• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the Best Marth right now?(Mew2King excluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
This game, and especially its players, can't be reduced to a formula.

Player A beats Player B who beats Player C doesn't mean that Player A necessarily beats Player C.
I agree player vs player math never works...it's been proven wrong by.....every tournament to ever happen...

Mahie

Smash Lord
I really think Ice would do well in the US. He's got a flashier game than M2K so it's hard to compare the two ( m2k is just like... a robot being in perfect control all the time against better players, he tends to be flashy against weaker players than him).

Ice is definitely up there though.

/Fanboy.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i call it the jman threshold *****

my theory is that right now, if you could beat jman consistently, you can beat anyone once

LOL

ok thats heavy on speculation

i still believe it tho'

but srsly ice would prob lose to zhu
I actually really really like this way of thinking.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i think the answer to the thread title is ice

he's soooo good.

i mean, just look at how much his name is mentioned in the thread, by people who believe and don't believe

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Move to Europe, then.

In the event anyone misconstrues my stance on Ice, I think Ice is good. I just don't think he's eons ahead of the metagame in Marth vs Falco.

Also, I think Peepee has a very legitimate shot of having the best non-M2K Marth.

If we're not counting Peepee then I suppose you could argue Taj because of his Genesis 2 performance (he's mostly gone Mewtwo at the last few big tournaments [I think?] so there's not much else to go off for him). Alternatively, you could just be from Arizona. :laugh:

Still, a lot is up in the air on this. Lots of randomness abounds with this character and his handlers' records seem inconsistent. So I don't think any clear answers are gonna be found here.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
You know there used to be a time in the Marth boards when we actually talked about the game.

Now its all list wars.

Oh and the oh-so-entertaining triangle of Max, Reneblade, and Overlord competing to see who can ****ride their boy harder.

Mahie

Smash Lord
Well maybe we should get back to the game then. I feel like the potential of sideB has yet to be uncovered. Taj uses it really well so I'd love to hear insight from him, maybe not in this thread though.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You know there used to be a time in the Marth boards when we actually talked about the game.

Now its all list wars.

Oh and the oh-so-entertaining triangle of Max, Reneblade, and Overlord competing to see who can ****ride their boy harder.
Problem is, a lot of people think Marth is totally maxed out for potential. If everything's known, what's there to talk about?

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Problem is, a lot of people think Marth is totally maxed out for potential. If everything's known, what's there to talk about?
I disagree with those people, but you can still discuss old tricks/tactics. Not everyone knows them, so it would still be educational.

In the other thread, Dr PP, one of the best players in the world, came in trying to discuss side B as an antiapproach option to fox's nair and as a shield pressure mixup. Everyone ignored it and went on to **** on strawhats because someone typoed him for dahean on one of their dumb *** lists.

Like wtf ya'll.

Zgetto

Smash Ace
Ice isn't that good. He's well below the jman threshold. I bet zhu would tap him

i miss the days when the european **** riders actually lived in europe
There will always be european ****riders and american ****riders. Gratz, you're the latter.

Ill tell you this, Ice is 100% on that level if not better. It could go either way.

Im not sure yet of it was just a fluke of Taj at genesis but if it wasnt then Taj is prolly best otherwise Its the Ice.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Roy is superior to Marth in every way.

According to the Roy mains.

And no one else...

Van.

Smash Ace

Now its all list wars.

Read the thread title.

What about it suggests to you that we would be discussing gameplay?

Everyone should have known that this would be a pointless grandstanding/****riding thread.

Who cares? Its fun

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Read the thread title.

What about it suggests to you that we would be discussing gameplay?

Everyone should have known that this would be a pointless grandstanding/****riding thread.

Who cares? Its fun
I mean I don't really care that much I just think its pretty ****ing dumb.

This thread's concept isn't bad at all, so I don't blame Spam for creating it, but I think whats missing is actual playstyle analysis and tactical differences between the top Marths, and thats what would make the thread interesting. Maybe compare how each Marth approaches each matchup, and the efficacy of those tactics. Actual reasons WHY someones good and WHAT they did to make themselves good.

You know, gameplay. Actual **** that would make browsing these boards not an utter waste of time.

Thank god TheCrimsonBlur is on my ignore list.
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings but I just don't think you've ever posted anything worth remembering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom