• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who has the best/worst jab in the game?

rolrctermaniac

Smash Apprentice
Falco gets no love :/ i mean 2 frame startup so it is really fast falco can do a lot of things out of it it is amazing out of lasers. usually does around 14 damage has tons of range because he steps forward after the first and second hits and cant be power shielded unlike zss's so i would have to say falco/squirtle/ike have the best jabs while jigglypuff's is worst because it is just fail.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Good ones: Ike, Snake, Falco, Ganondorf,
Bad ones: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Zelda, ZSS

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Nobody pays attention to weegee?

His has a garaunteed kill at like 50 on 8 or 9 characters. Beat that?

Also the jab cancel option are huge. Also it's 2 frames. Also its range is pretty serious, longer than ike's anyway.

prince_of_darkness

Smash Cadet
Nobody pays attention to weegee?

His has a garaunteed kill at like 50 on 8 or 9 characters. Beat that?

Also the jab cancel option are huge. Also it's 2 frames. Also its range is pretty serious, longer than ike's anyway.
Nope.

No one pays attention to weegee.

Best: Falco
worst: Zelda

Snake's isn't thaaaaaaat gooooood,
Pika's isn't thaaaaaaat baaaaadd.

Tidal

Smash Apprentice
Now that Sky mentioned it... Dedede's is horrible indeed.
What good is a 12 frame jab :urg:

D

Deleted member

snake's jab is better than falcon's character. no really, try it. someone confirm this.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Also its range is pretty serious, longer than ike's anyway.
This is incorrect.

Ike has more range with his jab.

Falco doesn't have enough follow-ups to be the best due to lacking the hitstun of Ike's or Luigi's jab. Again:

Best: Ike/Luigi/Falco in that really close order. Big gap and then Snake and Falcon. After that, who knows?
Worse: D3/Ganondorf

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Why do people keep saying Ganon's jab can kill?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Why do people keep saying Ganon's jab can kill?
Because on the edge at high enough % it can send people into dead zones?

It is probably the third strongest jab knockback wise as well...I think only Snake and Ike beat Ganondorf's jab in knockback.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
No one has mentioned Lucas's jab yet I don't think. It comes out in about 4-5 frames, and has great knockback with a decent amount of hitstun that can be chased.
4 frames would be slow for a jab. I would think it's 3 frames. And it doesn't have as much knockback, damage, range, or hitstun as others.

It falls into the "average" category.

Technologikall

Smash Apprentice
This is incorrect.

Ike has more range with his jab.

Falco doesn't have enough follow-ups to be the best due to lacking the hitstun of Ike's or Luigi's jab. Again:

Best: Ike/Luigi/Falco in that really close order. Big gap and then Snake and Falcon. After that, who knows?
Worse: D3/Ganondorf
Your forgetting Squirtle. His Jab is about as quick as a shield and moves forward. It's definately above the big gap.

Ivysaurs Jab is pretty crappy. His Jab comes at least close to worst IMO.

Edit: Maybe Squirtle comes somewhere in the gap.... But his Jabs still really good.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Squirtle's Jab is faster than shields.

The first hit is anyway.

And I HAVE KOed people with Ganon's jab.

I like Samus' jab alot tbh, buffering it is just amazing, but I know its not the best (or even close for that matter)

Good: Ganondorf, Ike, Snake, Peach

Bad: Jigglypuff, R.O.B, Pikachu

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach

It's fast, great range, decent damage....

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I like Samus' jab alot tbh, buffering it is just amazing, but I know its not the best (or even close for that matter)
Sorry, but Samus' jab is flat-out terrible. If she jabs me, I can jab her straight back. Meaning I take 3% damage, whereas she takes 6-10%...

If I remember correctly, ZSS' jab comes out in one frame.
Her jab is good, but the second/third jabs are trash.
The reason her jab isn't so good is because the second hit doesn't have enough hitstun to lead into the third. So it's mainly the second jab that's trash.

No one has mentioned Lucas's jab yet I don't think. It comes out in about 4-5 frames, and has great knockback with a decent amount of hitstun that can be chased.
Lucas' jab is fairly average tbh.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach Peach

It's fast, great range, decent damage....
I'm not saying Peach's jab isn't good, but... 6% is not decent damage.

number1ricky

Smash Cadet
Snakes jab will kill at pretty low precents ;)

I think it's arguable that every 1 of snakes moves are broke. They can all kill you at a decently low percent, if you fail to use D.I.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Snakes jab will kill at pretty low precents ;)

I think it's arguable that every 1 of snakes moves are broke. They can all kill you at a decently low percent, if you fail to use D.I.
Meh, cypher (side B) and up throw are pretty useless, but otherwise yeah, great moves for Snake.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion

Good: Ganondorf, Ike, Snake, Peach

Bad: Jigglypuff, R.O.B, Pikachu
R.O.B's jab is great its fast and i often get a grab out of it. it also knocks people away and at high dmg's i have jabbed which popped my opponent up and then i killed them with a f-smash. ROB's jab is one of my favorite moves and its so underrated and good the 2nd hit unlike many other jabs can't be shielded if the 1st hits. Its not the best in the game but is by no means bad

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
^ i think luigis jab is okay cuz it sets up for a super fire jump, but marios ...idk..
Both of their jabs are top 5 imo...

Snake, Ike and Falco are the only three that could be better. All five have practical followups that actually make a difference (not jab -> Ftilt....) and true combo.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Meh, cypher (side B) and up throw are pretty useless, but otherwise yeah, great moves for Snake.
Cypher gives insane distance with momentum, does not put Snake in fallspecial, and returns to him when he is attacked. It's still an amazing move in its own right. It also explodes if you pull a second one out before the first one goes offscreen.

Also people keep forgetting jigglypuff lol.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
JIGGLYPUFF'S JAB IS NOT WORST!

It can be used for a lock!!!!!!!!

I vote Ganon. He's slow enough as it is, tilts have just as much range/maybe quicker and the bucket of fail can't use it for anything remotely useful.

Top Bottom