• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you main and why?

Oracle

Smash Master
I was just wondering. I don't play a lot of people with low tier mains, but I play pichu :)

I wanted to see if more people mained who they liked or just flocked to the high tiers.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I've always mained Link cause he's awesome, Of course Im a zelda fanatic so Im good with sheik and Ganny too as well as young link!

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Luigi cuz he's too sexy not to use..

Marth cuz he's too manly not to use..

Fox cuz I picked him up one day and realized he was as close as I could get to beating G-reg so I stuck with him..

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I changed my mains when I started playing on a more competitive level, and my new sets of mains are....

Doc, for the pills and since he's quite standard.
Samus, because spacing and crouch cancelling is fun.
Falco, because I got addicted to SHL when I was messing around people, and it just hit off from there.
Jiggs as a back up for doubles.

Cinder

Smash Master
Doc, just because I think he's awesome, and I've learned how to use him well...that and Bob$ was one of the first Doc users I ever saw...one of the first combo vids period, too...

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Well, I used to switch mains a lot with N64, I started out maining Pikachu and Kirby right out because I liked their throws and general moves (Especially their down B's, I was in 1st grade give me a break) Then I went on to main most of the other characters for a bit of time. When Melee came out and I got it and tested out all the characters. I determined that I liked link the best for my style of play... But wait!!! I unlocked marth right at the end of testing everyone out... And his sword moves were a lot like link's except with a lot more range and speed! Even though I was a total scrub at this point, I believed that marth was the best character (and still do to an extent). Plus he was an awesome-looking character that I knew almost nothing about, and the mystery just added to the appeal. I've stuck to him ever since the first day I owned the game. I remember having fierce Marth vs Roy debates at jr high all the time, always in the minority sticking with marth (because most of my friends had such terrible skill that nuances in speed between characters made much less of an impact than a bit more damage, so everyone I knew did better with Roy >.<).

Anyway, I picked up jigglypuff because I thought she was a bad character that I was somehow good with, and I wanted to show off by winning with a crap character. Lol @ how I used to be a scrub.

Peach is the only one of my mains that I picked up after I got into the competitive scene. I had only picked peach to try out a couple times. I had used her to clear 1p mode for the trophy, and I had just spammed forward smash, side B, and dash attack. Side B seemed really laggy to me, too laggy to use seriously, and forward smash was really unreliable spacing-wise, as you didn't know what range you would get, and the dash attack was nothing special. I didn't use very many turnips (I played with lots of items at this time), didn't realize how good her aerials were, didn't notice the power of her downsmash (never hit anyone with it due to a perceived lack of range), and I didn't even notice that she could float! I forget who the first person who I saw use peach at a high level was, but I can remember noticing the float and getting excited about the possibilities it could open up.

However, my mains are becoming less and less defined all the time. Right now I can play everyone on the tier list from fox to ice climbers with proficiency, as well as Jiggly and Pikachu (Playing N64 [the player, not smash 64] inspired me to pick up pika, btw)

Skylord

Smash Apprentice
I main Marth, but one of my secondaries is Jiggs, just because he/she looks **** sexy in that blue ribbon.

AetherLord

Smash Journeyman
Roy, Young Link, Mario, Mewtwo and Fox are who I use but my main is Fox since I've used him since 64 and I love StarFox...

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Falcon and fox are technically harder to use then falco O.o (imo)
Falco may require more speed then falcon but you need to be precise as **** to combo effectively with falcon... spacing nair in combos sure isn't easy

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
I play Link.

Why? Aggresive Defense.

I'm a player who really likes to be able to pressure his opponent whilst his opponent can not hit him. I like forcing my opponent to play on my terms and trap them into unfavorable situations. This is true in any game I play. Starcraft? Tanks and M&M's. Halo? Battle Rifles. DnD? Ranger. Anytime I can use superiour range to control and pressure, I'm at my prime.

So, in Smash, I love throwing hitboxes ****in' everywhere while approaching my opponent. I also love ranged grabs. I like detached hitboxes. I like weight and survivability.

So.. ya, only Link can do all those things for me.

And OOT was my favourite game... ever... next to Melee. xD

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Peach.

• Awesome recovery
  • ONLY character that can float
  • Turnips are one of her best assets, being able to pull random items, ad stitch faces is just awesome.
  • Not that this matters to me at all, she's probably the only high tier character thats not overly broken.
  • Dsmash :chuckle:

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
I play as Jiggly, Falcon and Doc mostly.
I can use Sheik an Fox, but not very well.
Oh, and Marth. But anyone can use Marth.
:p

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
For some reason, I still don't have one. I just play with whoever I feel like playing with at the time.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
i play luigi, because i have been using him since i was a child in every mario game i could XD

And IC fo a secret reason xD

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
Marth= Crazy Fastness, good combos, range, GIMPING! Woo Hoo!
Falco= Insane Combo ability, great projectile
Shiek= Great Mindgames, techchasing, awesome ledge game. and... eh hem... F-AIR

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
Falcon and fox are technically harder to use then falco O.o (imo)
Falco may require more speed then falcon but you need to be precise as **** to combo effectively with falcon... spacing nair in combos sure isn't easy
Falcon is pretty hard too. The most I can do with him is Nair-Uair-Knee. Can't do triple (or more) Nair or anything else that's flashy

Falco for me is too hard to be good with. I can't shine-dair combo properly, shine-bair, I mess up on LHDL often, I can only do SHL in place, wavedash timing is so off, etc..

no johns

okiyama

Smash Ace
Fox, because I asked my cousin the first day I played who would be the best if I played forever and he said fox...

good thing too, lol, if he had said like pichu I'd suck balls for sure. So, no I didn't choose fox for his brokenness like a lot of people did.

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
I main marth/falco, for one because, YES , they ****, and ****, well, it's fun, but i always loved long range people and marth fits that bill, ad falco has those sick combos.

But i play captain falcon alot because he's the most badass character and the knee. and the easy ledge teching/

and i play ness because of pk thunder and double jump cancel.

JJR.O.B.

Smash Ace
I play as sheik

One day I was at my friends house and he kept wooping on my marth and falco. he said I should try to play as sheik and so I tried her out for a couple matchs. And was instantly pretty good with her and I play as her to this day

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I main Foxy because he is very fast, and being skillful with him can be rewarding. He also can kill at zero percentage.

Overload

Smash Lord
I started with fox a long time ago, then switched to ness. I don't exactly remember why. I think I might have gotten bored with fox. Ness was different and fun to use so I stuck with him.

CodaBear17

Smash Journeyman
When I started playing Marth was my main and then I started to play Samus, she was my main for awhile
Now I dont really main but I play in this order....Marth, Fox, C. Falcon, Samus, and Yoshi(just picked him up) Yoshi is really fun to play with=) And

Vts

Smash Champion
ics well cus no clones of ics man if there were clones <dreams off of 2 marths or 2 foxes> :bee:

the real reason is well i like there move set, i 2nd jiggle cus well it was my first main lol, 3rd is fox/falco/marf/boozer/link/falcon/gannon.

i use to play a lot of low tier i played GaW then realized the puff is cooler.

Top Bottom