• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you main and why?

'Fro

Smash Lord
I play Samus. I switched to her from Mario and liked her ability to survive for so long. I also liked her projectile game, as well as ability to stop space animals' momentum. I still want to get a secondary character, but she's definitely my main.

game set

Smash Apprentice
I play link, just cause I **** when I play control, same reason I second fox too. OOT was also the best game ever, and I like how fox can beplayed like a dbz character, so I guess I chose my mains for both reasons

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
In SSB64 it was Kirby who was my first main ever, he had good spiking and overlall was a decent character.

...but when it came to playing Melee, I later found out Kirby was nerfed, which I found really disturbing, so I later tryed Samus whom I was good with at a time, but my maining with Samus was short lived after I kept losing with her continueously.

...so after finding myself looking for a main I suddenly kept seeing people say stuff as "Bowser is slow" "he's low-tier" and kept to underestimate him so much, so I decided to try him out, after a while I found myself really good with him, though I had problems with the like of Fox, I did manage to get around and eventually he became my main up until this day so....

Eaode

Smash Champion
One fateful day I decided to try out captain falcon. Up until then I hated him for some reason (In ssb64 he was my punching bag), I really don't know why (I must have been ********)

Anyway, I try out falcon and realize yo wtf hes mad good!!!110n3
Then I started maining Falcon.

Then I picked up falco a bit just because everyone and their mother plays falco.

I picked up fox to increase my tech skill (Which actually worked)

so yeah
and marth just for fun

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Falco because of Bombsoldier and Dashizwiz. I love to watch fluid+fast Falcos, and what better way to watch one than to attempt to become one?

rhan

Smash Hero
My main is Young Link because I'm a LoZ fan boy. At first I mained Link until I unlocked Young Link and found out he's awesome! After that I watched a few Young Link videos and I fell in love with the little guy. And since then Young Link has been my main. Another reason I took him up was because there aren't many Young Link players and I thought I could have other people look up to me like how I look up to Chu dat and Jash.

Young Link 4 lyfe <3

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Beacuse you pick zelda then once the match starts "wait whoa SHIEK?!! WHAT THE?!" it throws everyone off evreytime.
i was like that to
now back to the thread

SSB64 - Ness (i thought he was smash only character until melee)
SSBM - Pikachu (I saw Anther's) Marth (a faster swordsman than Link)
SSBB- Wario (he is that ****'in sweet)

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Well, I started playing as Link in 64 because I was just a kid and I wanted to play as the swordsman! :D Then by the time Melee rolled around, I had played a few Zelda games and I knew who Link was. Now I may as well be a Zelda fanboy and I main Link and Toon Link.

daisey

Smash Apprentice
Peach for her down smash of course, and after i saw a video where kdj beat m2k a while back, i picked up sheik too.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
ICs/Falcon/Fox/Pikachu

I picked up ICs because there was tons to learn about them, and I've adapted so much to their playstyle that I can't drop them anymore.

My Falcon used to blow, but the local tournament was supposedly going to include Falcon draft crews... which never happened... but I trained my Falcon and now I use him as a Marth counterpick. Falcon covers the IC's bad matchups well.

Fox because technical stuff is fun.

Pikachu... I was inspired by Anther and Zig-Zag and I was determined to learn how to combo with him. Then I had multiple people tell me he was my best character so I kept him as a side main. Recently I've been practicing technical skill with him such as double aerials and edgecancelling so I can get the most out of him.

Negative_Two

Smash Cadet
UPPING MY POST COUNT!!!!!!!!

I main Falco, Marth, and Jigglypuff

I probably use these guys because there combos feel fluent when I play them (combos are keeping me playing both game xD)

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
I mainly use Kirby, since I played him for SSBM about a month before finding out a tier list. I use him because he is my favorite character.

I also main in this order:
1. Marth (spacing and Marth dittos - I enjoy Marth dittos and I needed a counter-pick to complement Kirby for the super-hopeless fights against space animals and Marth),
2. Fox (tech skill),
3. Jigglypuff (even though I fail at landing Rest :(; I like her strategy, though).

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
I played Kirby in Melee way back when I got the game, because he was awesome in 64 and I liked the Kirby games. I noticed even back then how bad he was, though, so I switched to Roy for a bit until somebody convinced me to play as Marth.
That was years ago. :lol: I also liked playing as Doc and CF back then. I didn't change who I played with when I found the tourney scene. =]

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
In SSB64 I mained Fox because I liked his speed. Naturally I continued to main him when I got Melee. When I discovered competitive play, I stuck with Fox for a good while.

Then I got the odd idea in my head to become good with Mewtwo. And so I started playing him as my secondary. But then I started noticing Mewtwo and Fox's playing styles clash pretty badly. Fox has amazingly simple but effective approaches while Mewtwo has very few options. With Fox's wavedash, waveshine, etc. you have to act very quickly, while Mewtwo's wavedash demands a slower input rate for the commands. Basically, whenever I improved on one, the other would begin to suffer as a result. And so I decided to drop one. Instead of leaving Mewtwo behind, I bid farewell to Fox.

And now I main Mewtwo and second Luigi. And so far it's working out well enough. I'm positive that my Mewtwo is better than my Fox ever was (and I'm terrible at Fox now). I do plan on picking up Marth as a backup character for those times where Mewtwo simply isn't cutting it, as his playstyle meshes quite well with Mewtwo's.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Fox- He's just too fast. Combos are insane. Shinespikes are deadly
C. Falcon- Also too fast. I knew I made the right choice when I landed my first Uthrow>Knee combo.
Falco- Shine combos. SHL. Just plain intimidating.
Jiggs- Jiggs in and of herself is a mindgame. Who would expect her to go from writing on faces to getting insane KO's?

flame013191

Smash Cadet
Link was my no. 1. He was really good with his projectiles and hookshot.

Fox was my 2nd best. He was really good because of speed and mind games.

XLII

Smash Cadet
Peach-she's fun, she wins, she annoys my friends in a funny way
Marth-he wins, he annoys my friends in a funny way
Ganon-he's fun, he's strong but not too slow, and it's funny to come out of nowhere and just one hit someone
Yoshi-he's fun, he's unpredictable, and most importantly, HE'S FUN!
Jiggles the Puff-she's fun, she wins, has fun mind gaming ability, you can do funny stuffs with her, and she's JIGGLES THE PUFF!
Roy-he's fun, I can be TEH GOLDEN ROY OF JUSTICE, and he has TEH PHIRE!

... yes I main 6 characters

Top Bottom