• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you main and why?

Flandy121

Smash Apprentice
The **** you dont have time to do that in the middle of a combo
I combo with either one and then transform around 70-80ish after a hit that sent my opponent flying and then finish with the other. Or in teams I'll hover two full jumps above the other team's head with sheik and transform to Zelda for f-air or b-air.

Cinder

Smash Master
Cinder this was the one thing I was confuzed about. Were you ripping on Roy? I just really didn't know what you were talking about or referencing.
Not really...I mean, my ex mains Roy XD...and she's still a close friend...I was just pointing out that while both Roy and Pichu are low tier and belong there, there are people out there that can perform on a decent level with both of them...T0mmy's Pichu, Neo's Roy...the list goes on...

Kokuryu

Smash Rookie
I main Fox because I have played him since I got the game. (I started with him and Mewtwo). I like to go zoom zoom.

I also play C. Falcon because he's so much fun (especially in friendlies, when I jump of the stage and d-air recovering Foxes).

Once I found SmashBoards, I had to wonder why the characters I picked were so dang hard to play well.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Samus:
Metroid rocks. Samus is hot. I like her style, which is my style.

Roy:
He has a sword. I like swords. He's not gay: he's not Marth.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I combo with either one and then transform around 70-80ish after a hit that sent my opponent flying and then finish with the other. Or in teams I'll hover two full jumps above the other team's head with sheik and transform to Zelda for f-air or b-air.
then it's not a real combo
and the teams you're playing against are idiots for not punishing you in your transformation lag

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I recently decided to pick up Marth because I got REALLY tired of seeing forward-smash whoring, counter-fiends. No offense to any Marth mains here. These kids swear they are good and base their game highly on these two moves. Marth, as any other character, is meant to be played with skill. Some of my friends need to see this.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Mario and Y.Link.

Mario because he was the first character that actually seemed to work with me when I started to pick up the game competitively.

Y.Link because I've been a Zelda fanatic since the age of two, and I refused to go on playing without at least using one Zelda character.

jnolan

Smash Apprentice
Fox: Shine spikes are sexy as can be.
Sheik: She is a filthy, needle throwing *****.
Marth: He slays demon Foxes and demon Birds
Peach: As stated by a great man... "You can't spell cheap without Peach"
Falco: Sqwak!

SilverLanayru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilverLanayru
3DS FC
1977-0801-2134
Switch FC
SW-1383-4892-7702
In Melee, I've mained Zelda/Sheik (but I've used Sheik more often), Peach (Hitting people with a frying pan lol XD), Link/Young Link (I have a liking to this character...and no I'm not the crazy-type of fangirl), Kirby (the cute puffball ^.^), and Marth (I used him better than Roy). Yeah when it comes to two Link incarnations, I tend to be equal with both of them (same thing goes for Brawl).

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I main Link cause i started out with him and when i **** people are like O.O
also I worked way to hard on Link so im not switching mains for sure.
Link has a really gay Up B and really, Spin spike makes my day and also really gay combos on Fox.

Geist

Smash Master
Link has a really gay Up B and really, Spin spike makes my day and also really gay combos on Fox.
tech chasing grabs FTW
SCRAAAAAAAAAH all night long

mostwins

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4742-8002-0115
Marth because I like his long grab range and feel the most comfortable using him

Gannon, lets get serious how good does it feel to L cancel a Dair into a KO combo

ZeroFrames

Smash Cadet
This is a Difficult Question 4 me

I cant really remeber why i had choose Yoshi
I Belive I thougt "Come on, I bash the World with the worst Charakter in the Game"
The Tierlist wasnt a Factor... i knew this List much later after choosen Yoshi
But I had known that the Dino is a very very Bad Charakter :ugly:

Then I saw Fumi...
and... yes... I wanted to kick Peoples *** like him xD

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
I main everyone that isn't a space animal.

But really;
Marf: ~M2K and I felt comfortable playing with him after practicing.

Samus: Original main. ~Wes, and spamming charge shot as a noob was too good. Infinite recovery, spam, and CCDsmash piss people off. Also, UpB OoS.

Jiggz: ~Mango. SSB64 noob main, for the 5 jumps of course. Nowadays, UThrow->Resting cocky spacies is 2good.

Sheik: Everyone has a decent Sheik. I love the needle spam.

justaway12

Smash Master
i main because peach because people called her ditzy i didn't mind but i never hated peach, one day i realized she was Mario's girlfriend I'm a huge mario fan i think he is the best so i thought why would mario have a ditzy girlfriend then i realized people were just misjudging her so i decided to play as her but only once and it was fun so i played again and again and again so much i forgot to play mario but he will be my main with peach...one day(hopefully):urg:

Oracle

Smash Master
In Melee, I've mained Zelda/Sheik (but I've used Sheik more often), Peach (Hitting people with a frying pan lol XD), Link/Young Link (I have a liking to this character...and no I'm not the crazy-type of fangirl), Kirby (the cute puffball ^.^), and Marth (I used him better than Roy). Yeah when it comes to two Link incarnations, I tend to be equal with both of them (same thing goes for Brawl).
lololololololol girl on teh 1nt3rw3bs lololol p1x pl0x
*achem*
I like to play link too. I have no idea why, I can just bust out ridiculous combos with him.

I main just about everyone lol. I'm not even kidding.
Except for f*cking samus.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Link vs. Y. Link.
Link has a bigger and longer extender, like seriously.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
I mained Roy. See, it started when the roster was revealed in several gaming mags (I hadn't really followed up with the development until then) and I saw Marth and Roy as part of the "unlockables" section and I was like, "A complete wild card for a game I've never heard of? One of those to will be my fav character."

And then, I got Melee. I unlocked Marth first, and I realized, I didn't like him. Not only did the fact that he was a complete girl bother me, but the fact that he had blue hair and a purple power-up color made him look like a total wuss.

Then along came Roy.

It became perfectly clear that Roy was Marth's bad*** clone, and the fact that he had a fire kick to all his moves was amazing.

That's how Roy became my homeboy.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
In other words you are the token link player of your region/crew and people are impressed that you maybe make 9th at your tournies or don't completely lose. Don't worry I was a Link main too, I am just messing with you. XD

Is canada still going to tipped off 4 and if so are you going?

I used to main Link cause I did better with him (I didn't know why really but I used to be better with him) but I kept playing falcon in friendlies more until I started using him in tournaments. Eventually he was my best and I stayed with him, because he is beyond an awesome character no lie.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I don't even remember if I posted in this thread... But fox b/c he's fast, sexy and fun to play with. He's also very cheap, kills opponents efficently at low percentages, wins matches and is just plain broken in general. That's prolly the main reason why I main him.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I don't even remember if I posted in this thread... But fox b/c he's fast, sexy and fun to play with. He's also very cheap, kills opponents efficently at low percentages, wins matches and is just plain broken in general. That's prolly the main reason why I main him.
Yourr character is garbage Falcon is where it is at. You should have stayed with Falcon.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
In other words you are the token link player of your region/crew and people are impressed that you maybe make 9th at your tournies or don't completely lose. Don't worry I was a Link main too, I am just messing with you. XD

Is canada still going to tipped off 4 and if so are you going?

I used to main Link cause I did better with him (I didn't know why really but I used to be better with him) but I kept playing falcon in friendlies more until I started using him in tournaments. Eventually he was my best and I stayed with him, because he is beyond an awesome character no lie.
i came 7th then 7th then 9th =( for the past three tourneys. two tourney without money but huge turnout.

im not sure if Canada is going oos this year.
me i cant but i'll try im only 16 but nothing stops SOTS.
Stay with Link. I know you disappointed that Falcon doesnt have a spinning attacks.
lol that reminds me of my friend thinking about Falcon having a spinning knee.
that **** would be ****in' broken.

Spife

Smash Master
Link cause I played him from a long time ago and am the most comfortable with him. I wish I mained somebody good -__-

and I agree with most of the Link-conversation on this page. I do good (read: best out of all characters) with him, I played him a lot before, I'm probably the only in the state and Skler is the only other in the NE. I just don't place well (I lose, a lot). I blame NE having a ton of **** players cause all the rest went to brawl *nods/johns* yup.

Mains:
Falco: Lazerz, godly combo-ability, best spike in all of Smash
Ganondorf: powerful fair and unkillibleness
Marth: cheapity, Ken Combo

Secondaries:
Sheik: Just combo-ability
Link: I LOVE the Zelda franchise
Captain Falcon: Combo ability, Knee of Justice, FALCON PAUNCH!
Fox: Shine spikes
Samus: Missle canceling and bomb jump recoveries
Yoshi: Awesomist Mario Character yet and the poop attack (B)

(ordered in most used to least used, by the way)

Top Bottom