• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you main and why?

Antonio Tiznado

Smash Rookie
My main ATM is Fox because no one else can "shine" like him. lol, stupid i know. But yeah, shinging someone at 0% and killing them is pretty funny IMO. Aside from all of the jokes, hes fast, up-A is ****, and hes ****.

I used to main Falco cause his lazors are so **** sexy. My pillaring with him is killer, and pretty much a great mid range to campy character, as well as close ranged.

And, im picking up Falcon. Learned how to Moon walk, as well as sticky walk. Dont know all of the combos that end with a knee but ill see what i can find on youtube one day haha.

Ooooh, and my first true main was Jigglypuff. I know, as gay as it may seem haha, shes probably the easiest character to use. Jump, B-air, U-air, L-cancle, Jump, Rest. Nuff said.

Ojanya

Smash Ace
My main ATM is Fox because no one else can "shine" like him. lol, stupid i know. But yeah, shinging someone at 0% and killing them is pretty funny IMO. Aside from all of the jokes, hes fast, up-A is ****, and hes ****.
How do you position someone to get a shine spike without even throwing them off the edge or something? And by "Up-A" do you mean u-tilt or U-smash or what?

On topic:

Well, I usually go fox for most matches, but if I haven't played in a while, I might do shiek or Marth if I'm rusty technically. I love playing Falcon but I suck at comboing his u-airs, and his recovery sucks nuts, so I never play him competitively.

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
I'm a multi mainer so I can play most characters but Marth is my tourney character when I really want to win or want a better chance, But if I feel safe with the other player I'll go with Ganondorf, Capt Falcon, Falco, Ylink, Mario, IC, Kirby etc etc etc

I was a true Ganondorf player until one of the top players said "Your Marth got potential" so he became my main/tourney char just by a simple comment..

But I only play the characters I have fun playing, Marth is my last resort

Hotmarth18

Smash Cadet
Marth (still do)
Dr.Mario (wish he was here)
Pikachu (still do)
Ice Climbers (still do)
Zelda (still do)
Peach (still do but i hate her second jump now)

Omit

Smash Apprentice
falco because of lazahz. And mew2 cause i know i cant do anything with him.

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
jigglypuff because killaOR mained him
falco because laser spamming is fun
falcon because of falcon

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Marth - I love FE and Roy got to slow after I learned the AT's in Melee :/
Mewtwo - Who doesn't love Mewtwo?
Jiggz- It's fun to own with a Pink Puffball (that doesn't suck like Kirby did)

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
Link owns dude, b-up is way too good, stickwitit
I would main him if I didn't suck so bad

Vts

Smash Champion
I am dissappointed more in that I am not good enough with Link to be truly good instead of just I don't get totally ***** with him. :(
your just amazing with c.falcon so its cool <3

I don't really have a main anymore :( i need to get my melee back from friend.

found out that I'm addicted to smash from what my parents say lol

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I am dissappointed more in that I am not good enough with Link to be truly good instead of just I don't get totally ***** with him. :(
well there was a time where i just kept getting *****.
but if you keep playing, going around the boards aksing for help, asking help from your community you'll get better with Link asap. I do remember you going around the Link boards couple years ago, Link is hard to use so yeah, ive been playing Link for 3 or 4 years and this is the year where i realized i started to ****. So yeah its really hard.
Link owns dude, b-up is way too good, stickwitit
I would main him if I didn't suck so bad
yes Links spin is amazing ONLY when you HIT your opponent. If you missed a scrah, you could lose a stock, the lag on a missed scrah is unbelieveable.
best move for Link is the sex kick =D

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I love Link. He's ability to control the field with his projectiles is amazing. It's almost as if he has layers. On the outside layer, he has his projectile game, in the middle layer he has his grab game, and up close he has his Melee game.

MeHo

Smash Cadet
What Problem2 said about Link, Falco for his SHFFL speed, & Marth for the tipper and great aerial game.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I main Falco and second all the other high tiers, haha. The weird thing is, I didn't even know about the tier list when I chose these four. I have a knack for choosing the top tier characters in fighting games without even knowing that they are.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
At first I mained Pichu around '03 when I didn't know about the competitive scene (was just playing for fun, like a casual player)

Mainly because Pichu was my favorite pokemon I found in Crystal version.

Now I main Fox because of the sexy chainthrow and his aerials.

Top Bottom