• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats Your Personal Bad Matchup?

kozimoto

Smash Journeyman
Niagara Falls NY. US , Strasbourg, France
Well Brawl has been out for just a little over a year now and most people and I just wanted to know about how everyone feels about Personal Bad Matchups.

My personal bad matchups have to be Snake and Kirby. No matter what I do or who I pick I really have a problem beating them. I've tried character counterpick on them but it really doesn't help the situation:ohwell:

what I really wanted to know was the peoples voice on who they trouble with.(good or bad)

Obviously a lot of people are going to say Meta Knight so im asking everyone to steer away from Meata Knight matchup. But I do want MK players to voice their opinion:)

Also I want to hears peoples views on Ditto matches.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Somehow, my Zelda always gets ***** by Kirby, even sometimes the noobish spammy ones...

trio1000

Smash Apprentice
i hate pit. i can never get around his niagh, niagh, niagh, niagh, wheel of doom. and don't get me started on those arrows.

I know what you mean though, no matter who plays him he always gives me trouble

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Mine is Olimar and his pikmin. <_<
QFT

Actually, anymore, I've gotten so much Olimar experience anymore that I'm numb to the annoyance of his pikmin. Marth, on the other hand... :dizzy: Trying to get through her his range when she he is spaced well and always getting punished OoS makes me a sad monkey 3:

I used to have trouble with Ike--knocked me out of my first tournament, in fact--but after I started playing him myself a little bit I began to notice the places where you can get an opening. I still use him from time to time, if my opponent is slaughtering my mains... I've discovered he's the most legit counterpick EVAR x3 (inside joke)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
My personal hardest matchup is anyone that's better than I am.

Denzi

Smash Master
I can't play against Lucas. I always lose. It's gotten a bit better now that I've picked up Marth, but still...

I also despise WiFi Wolfs. Actually, I have a bad matchup with WiFi in general, lol.

Also: Aggressive Sonic.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Mine is Olimar and his pikmin. <_<
OH my lord, yes. It's so jacked up because you never know what he's gonna do. Olimar doesn't do jack squat and all those pikmin make a ****ing hurricane around him and there's just... no way...

Plus they fly so slowly and yet knock you into next tuesday when they hit you. Yeah, that makes sense. -.-

Gaudeo

Smash Cadet
I have a seemingly unwinnable match against Luigi, no matter who I use or where I play. I just can't seem to get around him. I even tried playing some Luigi to better understand how his attacks work, but I've still got nothing there.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Ike and spam!Wolf and also ROB
Oh but I Iove playing against them! Oh wait, I suck against most Marfs as well. I'd take Mk any day over Marth. ;A;

Noa.

Smash Master
I use to have problems with Ike, but I played around with him for a day, and now I don't have any problems.

I use to also have a problem with Kirby, but then I found out that G&W's bair>Kirby's bair.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I'm horrible against Lucas. I lose way too often.

I always have problems against Olimar when I use Peach. It should be an easy matchup, but it's hard for me for some reason. Maybe because of wifi. I have to switch to DK for that matchup even though it makes no sense to.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I'm horrible against Lucas. I lose way too often.

I always have problems against Olimar when I use Peach. It should be an easy matchup, but it's hard for me for some reason. Maybe because of wifi. I have to switch to DK for that matchup even though it makes no sense to.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
D3. Granted, thats already a bad match-up for Ike, but I can't help but jump into his grabs. >_>

Same idea with Falco. I managed to loose against a Falco.....at Pirate Ship......after gaining a 2 stock lead over him.....ya it's bad.

Diddy is an odd one. Most of the time I do a lot better then I should against Diddys (45-55 suddenly seems like 55-45), but there is this one guy who uses Diddy and keeps Bthrowing -> Dair spiking me, and I can't avoid it. In the 4 or so matches we played, most of my deaths came from that, and I only landed an aethercide once when dying that way. So I guess it's playing style depended on that one.

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
Let's see...

Lucario: I have like no match-up experience with him, so I faced one once, and couldn't win a single match... I'm going to have to learn this match-up soon <.<

Link: Yes, for some reason, Link gives me a lot of trouble <.< Idk why exactly =/

Peach: Dair eats up almost every one of Oli's attacks, as well as many of my other characters' attacks... It's like I can't approach her, and I can barely camp her. At least my R.O.B. is decent against her.

R.O.B.: ... I... HATE... THIS... STUPID... ROBOT! I have had so much match-up experience against him, and yet I can barely do anything against him. That laser stops all of my Pikmin being thrown so I have to re-pluck/start throwing them again, that Gyro is nearly impossible to pick up, I try to approach, I usually end up gimped, and if I try to get to close, I get his Dsmash, and that Dsmash's hitbox comes out on Frame 4 T_T I could probably own a R.O.B. with no Oli match-up experience, but that's about it. At least there's that ZSS infinite right? Yeah, if you could even get close enough to him =/ I tried picking up G&W too, and that failed miserably. R.O.B. is the anti-ZERO. R.O.B. Vs. ZERO is a 100:0 R.O.B. favor T_T

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Definately Olimar. ALL his moves are powerful, quick and long ranged. I cannot get around him, no matter what I do. If I gaurd his fsmash, I get grabbed. If I spotdodge his grab, I get fsmashed or dsmashed. He's just impossible! His pikmin block projectiles too so I can't approach...... Approaching Olimar is pointless anyway, you'll just get fsmashed. :dizzy:

Can't forget to mention that Olimar's metagame is spamming smashes and grabs. Really gets on my nerves. I never want to face a pro Olimar.....

rolrctermaniac

Smash Apprentice
Definately Olimar. ALL his moves are powerful, quick and long ranged. I cannot get around him, no matter what I do. If I gaurd his fsmash, I get grabbed. If I spotdodge his grab, I get fsmashed or dsmashed. He's just impossible! His pikmin block projectiles too so I can't approach...... Approaching Olimar is pointless anyway, you'll just get fsmashed. :dizzy:

Can't forget to mention that Olimar's metagame is spamming smashes and grabs. Really gets on my nerves. I never want to face a pro Olimar.....
I agree completely I hate a good Olimar. I also dont like a good Luigi. Good Snakes are my pet peeve they drive me nuts, the grenade countering, the tilts and the stupid snake dashing. All his traps confuse me and i often underestimate how long the trip mines (d-smash) last. Over all i just hate snake.:(

bobson

Smash Lord
Ganondorf, what the hell.
I always think "ha ha, ganondorf, s'gonna be easy," and then HOO HEE HAH all my stocks are gone. Every time. It doesn't matter who I use or where we are. I've gotten 2stocked on Rainbow Cruise using God**** METAKNIGHT. It doesn't make sense. I know his weaknesses and how to exploit them, but I can't. I just get *****.

I'm scared of Ganon players now.

Top Bottom