• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats Your Personal Bad Matchup?

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Lucario annoys the hell outta me, Snake is just incredibly good, I can't beat Peach with my main AT ALL, Olimar is the one match-up that forced me to learn Sheik, and G&W is just ****ing ridiculous.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I was making a joke on how I personally fall prey to pivot grabs and being conditioned, regardless of what character I play against, mainly due to the fact I dont have a specific character I have issues with.

Hence my previous post.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Great topic, I'm pretty sure everyone has Personal Bad Matchups. Mines is Snake, Mr. Game & Watch, Marth, and Ditto match's. Yes, I hate facing my foe with the same character that I am using. >.>

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Nades > forward tilt > DACUS if you get close > repeat.. :snake:
Smashes are like "WDF did i not DI that?" idk you fly off thinking you are going to live, not flying that fast, but u die anyways, (Down smash + up smash) "OMG IT LASTS FOR EVER" (Forward smash) :gw:

SupahLink

Smash Cadet
Wolf, I just can't beat his stupid approaches. And that laser. ugh.

Laser, FSMASH!

And when you get back on stage I'll retreating bair!

I just can't get past it. I have problems with Falco too, it's just not nearly as frustrating.
this^

also luigi seems to give me tons of problems. dont know why though, i just do awful against him.

Marufuji Ryo

Smash Apprentice
A kirby main that has trouble with Kirby (the spamming noob ones especially, some guy I know does this)

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Diddy.

I just can't stay away from those bananas. :mad:

Playing a character with a hella long banana trip animation doesn't help.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Jigglypuff. Don't laugh...that thing is evil and impossible to hit yo ;_;
And also Peach. Annoying as hell.

Ismael

Smash Ace
I used to have a problem with Diddys, until I learned they usually work in a pattern. It's just glide toss, cartwheel, glide toss, cartwheel, glide toss cartwheel. With some smashes mixed in after a slip for the kill.

I have a HUGE problem with Olimar and ZSS. Pits, Wolfs, G&Ws, and Marths annoy me, but Olimar and ZSS are a pain in the ***.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
:flame:
I mainly play with my Lucario, so I can't get into detail with my other 12 characters. For Lucario, the biggest enemy to me is Ice-Climbers (I can't space right and get infinitely grabbed/koed), with Wolf.... and that's it... following behind.
:flame:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
For me it's Luigi and Lucas.
They both seem to always stop my approach by spaming projectiles, then following up by spaming their quick aerials, making close combat a headache.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Anyone that spams things and/or has huge disjoints which outprioritize Pound.

Other than that, I'm fine. Still learning, though.

cba

Smash Master
Falco.

Not only does he counter my main, but his playstyle nullifies mine, too.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I don't have any bad matchups.

If there's a matchup I don't like, I can run away lol.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
G&W: the turtle demands blood.
Ice Climbers: ACK. So much grabbing.
Link: up throw into bomb is... humiliating.
Pit: so freakin' annoying.
Toon Link: see Link.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Olimars a pain in the hinecore to deal with. Crazy range with smash attacks, can camp all day flicking that silly wittle yellow joystick. How do I combat something like that.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
*also how do people feel about playing dittos against their mains lol?
Pika dittos are fun as long as you don't do too many of them. They can be really, really boring if one or both people are playing slowly and/or camping, but if there's a lot of QAC, thunder, and combo shenanigans going on, they're actually pretty amusing. He can pull off a lot of crazy shiz.

Zelda dittos are just a lot of magic and sparkles.... I don't particularly like them.

Snake and Yoshi dittos are fun.

Marth dittos..... :urg: No thank you.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
My worst match-up has always been against a good Link, especially a hookshot happy Link.
Toon Link and Young Link were easy match-ups for me, but I get screwed when I play Link the majority of the time.
If he didn't have that shied then it'd be easier, because I could just go to town with Falco, but his shield laughs at the feebleness of my SHDL spam XD.

Top Bottom