• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite thing about Melee?

'V'

Smash Lord
(1) Zelda and her OoT dress
(2) Pichu
(3) The overall speed and excitement
(4) Fountain of Dreams

Yep!! <3

Lobos

Smash Master
The fact that I can still 3 stock melee nubs like thumbswayup and chaosknight. Even tho I retired from melee.

Edit: With Link......**** all high tier characters

PHiL Gee

Smash Cadet
Captain Falcon is probly why I love Melee so much more. Hes a beast!
And maybe because you can switch languages to japanese and the game is just so much more epic.
And because you can actually have japanese letters in your name! How insane is that!

VGmasta

Smash Lord
WAVEDASHING is my favorite thing! Among other things like L-canceling, teching, and uniqueness of all the different characters that require players to actually have real skill to do good! This isn't a fighting game that you pick up today and get good with by tomorrow!

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Playing it. Didn't play for that long cause where I lived.

Out of all three smashes, this one lasted the least for me. I enjoyed the combos, but single-player was very dull and repetitive. (I could NOT go to tournies)

Don't worry, I still spectate the matches, but I don't intend on PLAYING it anytime soon.

Brawl >.>

Marth's guaranteed 0-death combo against Fox/Falco on Final Destination, unless i'ts a tournament set. It's a game of don't get grabbed for Fox.

L__

Smash Master
I just had the crowd cheer for me in tournament

That's never happened before

That set gave such an adrenaline rush

SDC

Smash Lord
I just had the crowd cheer for me in tournament

That's never happened before

That set gave such an adrenaline rush
Yeah man, isn't that awesome when it happens? I was playin a higher tier, and wasn't doin too bad, and the people watchin are like "did he just Taj that guy??!" (I got off a shadowclaw combo on a fox :p). When I lost (it was a close one) people were disappointed. It feels good to have people rootin for you doesn't it? :D

0^2

Smash Cadet
My favorite thing about Melee is all the memories I have about it.

I practically live on nostalgia.

L__

Smash Master
Yeah man, isn't that awesome when it happens? I was playin a higher tier, and wasn't doin too bad, and the people watchin are like "did he just Taj that guy??!" (I got off a shadowclaw combo on a fox :p). When I lost (it was a close one) people were disappointed. It feels good to have people rootin for you doesn't it? :D
It really is an amazing feeling

I'm money matching Kira at R3 for maybe... $20?

maybe

:|

norcal vs. socal

L vs. Kira

<3

Kantō

Smash Champion
i just love the smash bros series, i think its mostly pure nostalgia. because i can always remember playing these games or the characters in smash bros games. zelda, starfox, pokemon, mario bros. its all just so childish in a way, but better than anything i can remember when i was young.
when you bring all that together in an awesome game its just amazing. i love smash to death, because it makes me feel like a happy child.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
edit: I like the fact that the game moves so fluidly, platforms become a major part of the game, and of course so does edgeguarding.

Glitchy

Smash Cadet
I love the fact that there is so much room for improvement. You can start playing early in the morning then look at the watch and be surprised that you have been sitting there for 6 hours straight. All the Advanced Techniques that you can practice for hours. Everything.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
my favorite thing about melee? the community.

it reminds me of my first punk rock show. everyone else thier could be a bunch of people you will potentially hate. but you all have something in common. you all came for the same band. and when everyone is moshing and skanking and screaming the same words to the same song, one thing is for sure.

Tonight, despite our hatred, we are all brothers.

KawaiixxWings

Smash Cadet
The awesomesauce intro, for starters. Overall it obviously did make a step upwards from the original SSB. If Brawl were made straight from the original without having the great middle ground known as Melee, it probably wouldn't be as awesome.

Top Bottom