• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite thing about Melee?

Rayku

Smash Lord
Link's Forward-Air

Roy's ability to tech a shinespike

Ganondorf's UpSmash doing 39% uncharged.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
My favorite part of Melee is Captain Falcon's manliness and the meme that he's become ... even when he's pummeling me into the ground.

Additionally, I like the fact that I can always get better.
The strategy aspect is awesome, it feels like high-speed chess.
same for me

sonofashrub

Smash Apprentice
I love that feeling when you make an educated guess as to what your opponent is about to do, and he does it and you punish him for it.

Also that feeling you get when you know you've pretty much figured out your opponent unless he does something drastic.

Or when you're getting owned, and you figure something out or try something new and it works.

Pretty much all the stuff related to the more mind part of the game. The tech skill and stuff is just as interesting, but if I wanted mainly tech skill I'd play any of the other fighting games based in combos.

Though a good combo feels sooooo good.

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
The fact that only the experienced can win matches, as opposed to brawl where the occasional noob can win with ike's f smash.

j3ly

Smash Champion
Its like an RPG

The more you play, the better your character gets

only in melee... the character never gets better, its the person who levels up.

Top Bottom