• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite finisher & why?

Smudge

Smash Lord
D3's F-Smash. Pretty much explains itself due to awesomeness. I personally don't get to hit it as often as i'd like. But that makes when I do hit it all the sweeter.

Close second, D3's Jet Hammer :D

Sakeno

Smash Rookie
Hm let's see, Ike's dtilt spike at edge
I just love seeing people trying to recover only
to be spiked down. I hit this a lot and every time
its so satisfying.

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
Mine is easily The 180 Degree Falcon PAWNCH!!!!! Second is the Sweetspotted Knee, because as Negi kun put it, its the KNEE.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
1. Wario's half charged fart especially if it's done as an edgeguard and results in a stage spike. Fact: this is made 1000x better if you get Wario's "LMFAO" victory screen afterwards. For added hilarity, try doing it on Green Greens. Best KO I ever got: I was playing a King Dedede, used the waft, he bounced off one of the "brick walls", richocheted off a brick coming down from the top of the screen, and ended up dying in the bottom left hand corner of the screen. As you may have expected, he quit the very next match. :laugh:

2. Mario's fsmash. Honestly, it's just poetry in motion as you see the remnants of the flames as it goes into slow-mo just before the victory screen as your opponent flies off screen.

3. Ness's Psycho Crusher (aka PK Thunder 2). This is made even more satisying if you did it through an elaborate mind game or they were trying to spike you offstage to end the match.

4. Any overpowered attack after a broken shield. Seriously, nothing's better especially if the match was really long or if you were playing a really annoying character like Diddy. Ike, Snake, or King Dedede's fully charged fsmash are the first that come to mind but who can object to taunting and then resorting to a Falcon/Warlock/Donkey Punch to the face?

5. Ness's Bthrow. One of the few throws that can still reasonably kill. The experience is made even better if you wait just a little bit before doing it in order to watch your opponent sweat and really soak in the onslaught of doom. :laugh:

6. Snake's C4 especially if the match ends with you offstage with a higher percentage and your opponent is about to attempt to edgeguard you. "Now!" "Wait... what?!?" "BOOM!" "CRAAAAAAAAAAP!" *twink* GAME!

7. Any move that results in you dying shortly afterward or at the same time like King Dedede's inhale or Bowser's Flying Slam. What's even better than this is an all or nothing fast falled spike like using Ganondorf's Wizard Foot (down B) or Diddy's dair.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Bowser's suicide klaw, Zelda's lightning kicks, Game & Watch's bucket, and any character's spike. Seriously, what is more fun than meteor smashing someone to their doom at a low percentage?

(gimping in general is an awesome way to kill someone too)

Qaomen

Smash Cadet
Probably Falcon Punch of Knee... No explanation needed?
After that meteor smash, since it's just a fun way to KO someone imo.
Then just any attack that smashes the opponent out of the screen, because when you win because of edgehogging and letting the other fall to death is just boring.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
in order of my favorites
1: ganon's purple drink punch
2: falcon knee
3: d3 inhale wind stage spike
4: any cide (kirbycide, d3cide, ganoncide)
5: wario fart

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Sweetspotted wolf flash, Toon link's U-smash, Ganon's Warlock punch, Sheik's Up-B, and Zelda's lightning kick are my favorites.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Caping a recovery with mario is by far the most satisfying.

Boswercide/Ganoncide/kirbycide etc... are the most fun :)

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Snake's Utilt. It's just so anti-climactic, and always elicits a "C'MON..." from the opponent.

Wario's chomp. When someone is trying to recover, you just jump out there and bite them, taking both of you down. Totally satisfying.

Sonic's dsmash. I don't know why, I just loving killing with that.

Knee. Very rare nowadays.

Pikachu's thunder, where they think they are high enough to be above it, but the top of it just barely gets them. See ya.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
I would say snake
I can spike using his heel kick and it is very effective but super slow
rather i back kick my opponent nd send him flying wit is so satisfying lol

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Mine is a stage spike. There's nothing like watching your enemy slam their face into the stage then watching them die at a strange angle.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Aura Sphere, F-Smash, Kirbycide, Dededecide, or of course the best: Samus's Dair. Kirby's Dair isn't half bad, nor is Lucario's Bair... but my signature move is Aura Sphere. It just is a truly wonderful thing to send your enemy flying with a blue sphere bigger than yourself. And charging a large Aura Sphere at the edge isn't half bad for edgequarding. Plus I can use it as a shield, sorta. And spam it at the beginning of a match to force the enemy to get around it. But yeah, the best is TL's F-Air. I feel so good chasing my unlucky foe to the blast line then smashing them away....ahhhhhhhh....

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Ganondorf is my finisher.

/thread

In all seriousness, it's Thunderstorming with him. Who needs a ledge to kill with a spike :o...

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
WoP with metaknight. Not really sure if that counts as a finisher though.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Either of Zelda's sweetspotted kicks. The fair/bair one just because it's cool how time freezes for a second, and dair because how difficult/satisfying it is to complete.

lol

darkTL

Smash Rookie
toon links dair spike

it's hard to pull off and after it's done it feels so sweet.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Every Peach move, but especially:
- Her Usmash. Kicks @$$!
- Fsmash, but especially her Tennis Racket Sweetspot. Didnt expect that one huh? And it kills at crazy %'s!
- Side B: PEACH BOMBER YEAH! KIZZ MY ***!
- Fthrow: ***** SLAP!
- Nair: Cause I love the move!

Zelda:
- Dair: Spikey!!
- Fair/Bair: Sweetspot!!
- Side B: Din's Fire.
- Dsmash
- Uair

Drig786

Smash Journeyman
NNID
i-DRIG-i
toon links d+air spike. i dont use it too often since its a risky move but its feel good when i pull it off

Top Bottom