• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda What Is your favourite Link Design?

Spire

III
BRoomer
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs35/f/2008/291/3/d/Zelda__Dark_Knight_Link_by_animetayl.jpg[IMG]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]I found this "Dark Knight" Link and i think they should take this idea because he looks more mature and different[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Yeah right. This doesn't look more mature, it looks like some 12 year old fanboy's dream. Maturity does not come with darkness and cheap parlor tricks, it comes from complex emotional situations between player and game.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Ugh, really Shesk? He looks like some cliche yaoi fantasy.

I prefer Luigitoilet's.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs35/f/2008/291/3/d/Zelda__Dark_Knight_Link_by_animetayl.jpg

I found this "Dark Knight" Link and i think they should take this idea because he looks more mature and different
Dude, favorite LINK design, not MARTH design.
Just messing with you, don't have hurt feelings, okay?
:034:

Atomic Yoshi

Smash Apprentice
I'll say Toon Link. His design the most personality and I like how his eyes take up half his head. XD

Shesk

Smash Cadet
HAHA everyone is so mad about the "dark knight" link idea... relax people, its just different im saying, not a fan of it, personally through the games i played, twilight princess concept of him

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I usually prefer OoT adult link, or TP Link the most since they have some sexy looking legs with those nice tights. No joke by the way, have you seen them tights, they look fantastic.

However when it comes to personality I like WW Link since he actually seems to have one.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I found this "Dark Knight" Link and i think they should take this idea because he looks more mature and different

In what world does adding evil looking gear on someone and giving them an emotionless face = being more mature?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Yeah. SS Link is pretty *****in'. My favorite Link design is still probably TP's, but that may change when SS is eventually released.

IYM!

Smash Lord
Ocarina of time have a great desing, i realy like it
also i like the SC2 artwork
Firce Dety Link is god tier + over 9000

About TP and SWS i have the same problem, his artworks are very great, but the appearence of these two Links arent so good in their games, th face, he looks infant, and a little feminine from certain angles

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Don't be ragging on Links parachute pants from Skyward! Imagine them flapping as he free-falls!

As for me? I spent more hours on the first two games then I did on the rest combined. So my list goes as follows.

AoL
LoZ
OoT
TP

SS will fall into line I'm sure though. Probably edging out TP for the four spot.

IYM!

Smash Lord
Twilight princess i hate windwaker link
TOTALY AGREE!!!!!!

i hate WW Link, he was the reason why Zelda lose some reputation, the saga still have fans , but in lesss number of people

OoT was the best ,gave the saga much popularity, even for people who did not know video games

well, that is another story. back on topic, TP is a cool style, but OoT have a special part in my heart :):):):) (that sound a little gay :laugh::laugh::laugh:)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd say....

OoT Adult Link
Skyward Link (Although I'm reserving judgement for the final product)
Wind Waker Link
Fierce Diety

Yep.

Tinnitus

Smash Apprentice
Its a solid tie between OoT Link and TP Link designs.

WW Link is terrible, the cartoony design just doesn't agree with me, which already puts Skyward Link down on the list.

Ct.O.B.

Smash Apprentice
I have always liked the cartoony Links. They seem to have so much personality, and they make the games that they're in just that more colorful. Staying true to my previous post, I still think the more human-looking ones have that edge in that they came first, and their games are considered better.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I have always liked the cartoony Links. They seem to have so much personality, and they make the games that they're in just that more colorful. Staying true to my previous post, I still think the more human-looking ones have that edge in that they came first, and their games are considered better.
Not really, if you consider the many Zelda games that came before OoT.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Until I've had a chance to play Skyward Sword myself, I'm going to have to stick with Ocarina of Time Link. Twilight Princess Link is too dark and "realistic." I prefer my game characters stylized. Fancy graphics aren't terribly impressive without artistic appeal.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Until I've had a chance to play Skyward Sword myself, I'm going to have to stick with Ocarina of Time Link. Twilight Princess Link is too dark and "realistic." I prefer my game characters stylized. Fancy graphics aren't terribly impressive without artistic appeal.
OoT Link is about as "realistic" as they could conceivably make with the graphical limitations of the time, though. I find OoT Link probably the most boring design myself.

Top Bottom