• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda What Is your favourite Link Design?

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
The Twilight Princess design is my favorite! :)

Skyward Sword
, judging from the previews, is my 2nd-favorite design. The game model actually looks very nice, but the artwork looks a bit...odd...sometimes. I can't exactly figure out what makes it so, though... Maybe it's the coloring and shading of the SS artwork that I have trouble with...

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
it's all about Twilight Princess Link! Idk what it is honestly. I guess I like it because it's the darkest themed link bar Fierce Diety Link which is meant to be over the top in badass.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
Koopa Link, by far

Lol, but really, I'm loving the mix of cel shaded/Twilight Princess Link in Skyward Sword

But the coolest, if you want to get specific, is Ocarina Link with the Biggoron's Sword, Goron Tunic, and the Mirror Shield (just for the looks)

etecoon

Smash Hero
that's really what twilight princess link lacked to me. his base design is one of the best but he only gets the standard hylian shield, he never gets a bigger or more aesthetically pleasing sword, his tunic upgrades are only used at certain times...in the end of the game he doesn't look much different than when he started, and those changes(master sword and standard hylian shield) have been done to death. I think they're afraid to mess with his tunic now because it's iconic and the master sword seems to have taken on that role too, it wasn't even the best blade in LTTP or OoT but now it's all you get...

TimeTemporal

Smash Cadet
that's really what twilight princess link lacked to me. his base design is one of the best but he only gets the standard hylian shield, he never gets a bigger or more aesthetically pleasing sword, his tunic upgrades are only used at certain times...in the end of the game he doesn't look much different than when he started, and those changes(master sword and standard hylian shield) have been done to death. I think they're afraid to mess with his tunic now because it's iconic and the master sword seems to have taken on that role too, it wasn't even the best blade in LTTP or OoT but now it's all you get...
Tp Link looked pretty cool in the Twilight realm with Magic armor and a glowing Master Sword, even with how impractical the Magic Armor was.
As for my favorite design, it would be either oot Link with Red Tunic and Mirror Shield, or his new SS design.

Spire

III
BRoomer
OoT Link with Goron Tunic, Mirror Shield, and Hover Boots was so boss. In elementary school we'd call him "Gerudo Link".

Top Bottom