• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda What Is your favourite Link Design?

Kotu

Smash Cadet

:006: :005: :025: :093: :094: :heart: :snes: :falco: :fox: :ness:

I'm TRYING TO BEAT THE WATER TEMPLE !NINTENDO 64!

HylianBoy

Smash Apprentice
I like the OoT (Young & Adult) and MM (Young & Fierce Deity) looks. However, If I had to choose, I would be more over towards OoT.

jaswa

Smash Journeyman
I like young link with Hero's shield and Razor sword. This is seen on Prima's official strategy guide. I always hated getting the cool-looking Razor sword then upgrading to gilded straight away for convenience/power.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Man, I love how Majora looks in that pic, but Fierce Deity just doesn't live up to it. Majora is hyper realistic whereas FD is hyper anime. It's almost as if two artists drew that.

IYM!

Smash Lord
The truth, it is starting pleasing the SWS style

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/167/3/f/Zelda_Skyward_sword_wallpaper_by_zeldamasterX.jpg

but only the artwork style

For some rason, nintendo put all his efforts to make Link looks Gay in the game

see this follow image and look how Link an change with a diferents textures and color

IYM!

Smash Lord
I wasn't aware that "gay" was a physical feature. I didn't know you could just look at a person and know what their sexual orientation was.
ah, sorry

well you are right, sorry, is a custom here in Chile to call gay to anything than looks like delicate and femenine, is a bad custom, i know, but is like the bad custom that have another countries.

sorry if i offended any one :)

again, he looks infant and delicate, for being a Hero of legen, with some fix, link could looks more masculine

again sorry Luigitoilet

Spire

III
BRoomer
I personally like Link's new design in SS with the profound lips and dirty blonde hair because he looks more like me in that regard. I can relate to him more that way. Also, he just looks more human. The blonde-haired, perfect boy face is a very Disney thing to do.

But all in all, we'll just have to wait until the game debuts to see how he really ends up looking because as of right now, we know that they actually changed up the graphics ever-so-slightly since the E3 demo.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I like the OoT Link, maybe it is because that is the game that had most appeal to me out of the Zelda series, or maybe something else. I love getting the Goron tunic though, once I get that I never wear anything else, except for the Zora tunic for the Water Temple. I really think that game's graphics were way ahead of it's time, can't wait for the 3DS release :)

Jonas

Smash Champion
Toon Link or Young Link from OoT/MM. No pedo, but for some reason I just like Zelda most when I'm controlling a child character. I like to feel like I'm exploring a dangerous, mystical world, not be some bad dude who goes around murdering all kinds of monsters (most of the time at least. See my contradiction below :bee:).

does fierce deity link count?
Most bada** Link ever. I'd like to see more of that guy in the future, and maybe explore his origins :)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Toon Link or Young Link from OoT/MM. No pedo, but for some reason I just like Zelda most when I'm controlling a child character. I like to feel like I'm exploring a dangerous, mystical world, not be some bad dude who goes around murdering all kinds of monsters (most of the time at least. See my contradiction below :bee:).

Most bada** Link ever. I'd like to see more of that guy in the future, and maybe explore his origins :)
I can understand this. One of the best things about Zelda is its childlike sense of wonder and adventure. To make a grim and "badas$" Link is a mistake imo. He should be youthful and full of charm and life.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Skyward Link is now my favorite. I love his design immensely. With the baggy pants and heavy chainmail, he's actually far more realistic than he was in Twilight Princess. Realism does not come in darker textures, it comes in proper weighting.

is this pic official art? I don't remember him looking anything like that in the trailer o_O

to date I'm going to say fierce deity, a lot of it is just that I love the double helix sword lol. impractical but stylish weapons ftw

edit: rewatched the trailer, I can see it more now but this looks a lot darker and more detailed, the trailer reminded more of like, SM64 for some reason. that and minish cap, the gameplay videos actually reminded me a lot of minish cap

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yes it's official. Check any gaming website with reviews or information on Skyward Sword, or Zelda Wiki and you'll find this art along with two other drawings of Link in the same style.

etecoon

Smash Hero
interesting, I hope the actual game gets closer to this than what we saw in the trailer, I definitely love this style but the trailer seemed brighter and simpler(less shades) to me, not quite wind waker anyway though

Top Bottom