• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think Zelda's placement will be on the June tier list?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Din's is actually pretty useless 1 vs 1 if your opponent is competent.
Like I said in that other thread though, I think Zelda can actually go up now after I'm realizing newthings while playing as her.
Precisely ^ The moment we discover a character is bad it's as if they suddenly become doomed >.> and nothing can be done to their playstyle to get even a tad away from that conception.

It's been seen on rare occasions that one can do partially well with Zelda. I'm not saying amazing, and I'm not saying it's easy, but let's just continue to do good at tourneys, because top 10, possibly even top 5 (but that's definitely pushing it) is achievable.

I believe she'll drop a few notches, not because she's changing for the worse, but because others are stepping up their games, which is exactly what she's been lacking recently. She could go up. The SBR's always been quite shady about her imo.

As for Sheik vs Zelda? Aside from being part of the same character, I think they are both on equal terms, with Sheik slightly edging it imo. Sheik's good, but there are some characters that really aren't made to be killed by ftilt setups and gimps.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
sheik is far from perfect her lack of kill options gets her so bad. Her ground speed, needles and bair are all she really has going for her right now IMO. So despite all my junk talking I'm still trying to make my zelda better, she has what sheik lacks. I just hate gaining 50->80 damage before I get that stock off. Most of my big losses in tourney come directly from zelda getting out camped or out spaced...

Im not talking about which character is better though for the record I don't really care there is no better since matches are so character dependent anyway. BUT sheik's recovery is so much better than zelda's. lol.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I might just use all Zelda next tourney just to prove a point lol. I do use her about as much as ZSS, and probably more than Sheik now.

She can definitely win a tourney solo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I've been watching NL's zelda vs, ______ all day. She can take advantage of small openings but UpB approaches just get me punishes, lol. too much of a disadvantage on shield.

I'd love to see your Zelda, especially if you are willing to use her i ntourney in place of your zSam.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
@DarkPch
Bowsers UPB doesn't come out on frame one.
Bowsers short hopped fair is lagless.
The areial klaw is always lagless.
bowsers ftilt comes out of frame ten... just like zelda's jab, awesome.
Yes it does come out in a frame. And with invincibility. Why you think bowsers up-B out of shield. You are not punishing that at the start.

His Fair is not lagless. You can auto cancel it with full hops. Full hop and fast fall and watch you lag.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
similar to how ganondorfs short hop dair auto cancels bowser can short how auto ocancel his fair.

the hit box for bowsers upB comes out frame six but he is invincible until then. But if you mean he can upB immediately OOS then yes you are right, everyone can.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I might just use all Zelda next tourney just to prove a point lol. I do use her about as much as ZSS, and probably more than Sheik now.

She can definitely win a tourney solo
Really? I've always thought that you face good competition snakeee, and I didn't really know she could compete in that kind of heat. I suppose... it might just be possibly with very good practise.

What kind of mixups are you talking about? Like conditioning and the such? And what about campers?

MrEh

Smash Hero
Zelda has good running speed
Actually, Zelda is tied for having the 3rd worst running speed in the game. (she's tied with Dedede) The only two characters slower then Zelda are Dorf and Jiggs.

Bowser has a one frame up-B out his shield with invincibility.
The fortress actually comes out on frame 6, but the invincibility frames come out on frame 1. So if you use it OoS with perfect timing, Bowser suffers from 0 frames of vulnerability. That's why you can be stuck in MK's nado and still Fortress him. Pretty cool actually.

I actually share similar feelings about Melee Zelda being better off than Brawl Zelda, but...
Melee Zelda was ****. Ask DM about it.

It's like you guys aren't listening to what I'm saying. Zelda is bad, or at the very least "not good"
I've been saying Zelda was bad ever since I came on these boards. lol

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Actually, Zelda is tied for having the 3rd worst running speed in the game. (she's tied with Dedede) The only two characters slower then Zelda are Dorf and Jiggs.
So sad and so true...

The fortress actually comes out on frame 6, but the invincibility frames come out on frame 1. So if you use it OoS with perfect timing, Bowser suffers from 0 frames of vulnerability. That's why you can be stuck in MK's nado and still Fortress him. Pretty cool actually.
Our match in crews this past weekend was too epic. SPIN!!!!!!!!

Melee Zelda was ****. Ask DM about it.
I mained Zelda/Sheik in melee (that's right, I used them together even in melee). So yeah, I don't have to, I was there, lol.

MrEh

Smash Hero
So sad and so true...
Useless bit of information: Bowser runs faster then half the cast in the game. Oh the injustice...

Our match in crews this past weekend was too epic. SPIN!!!!!!!!
Spin is too good. lol

I mained Zelda/Sheik in melee (that's right, I used them together even in melee). So yeah, I don't have to, I was there, lol.
You know you have balls when you main a character in Melee that was WORSE then Bowser.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Useless bit of information: Bowser runs faster then half the cast in the game. Oh the injustice...
But he doesn´t even run, just slides. Oh the injustice.

Melee Zelda might have been horrible, but she was fun to play.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
3rd slowest :mad: Not necessarily worst :psycho: (or is the same?)

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i think us zeldas should walk from now on. it makes us look less silly too since zelda decides not to hold up her dress ends for running....probably why she trips so much when i run w/ her.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
In comparison to other characters though, Zelda's walk isn't too bad. At least Bowser and Charizard mark off on that chart. XD

Zelda looks weird when she runs. Her animation seems so illogical of a run in that dress. I mean at least Peach holds up her dress. 8D

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Bowser and charizards run animation end so fast that you don't really need to walk but for short distances.
And I think there walks are faster than her's anyway.

I've never thought movement speed was a huge issue for zelda though, but Ochobobo may be on to something, that could revolutionize zelda's meta game.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I.... hate Zelda's walk. Those massive shoulder pads (shoulder armor?).... swingin' back and forth.... :dizzy:

On a somewhat serious note, slow-walking away > reverse fsmash. People love walking into that one for some reason. Sometimes repeatedly.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Zelda is tied for having the 3rd worst running speed in the game. (she's tied with Dedede) The only two characters slower then Zelda are Dorf and Jiggs
You know what's worse?

Peach is wearing friggen high heels, yet she runs faster.

Zelda, who is wearing normal boots, runs slower.

What the heck people?! ;;

Snakeee

Smash Master
At least Zelda *looks* like she's running fast...mindgames :ohwell:
You can tell she's putting a lot of effort into it at least, so I commend her on that.

She's so fast as Sheik, maybe it's the shoulder pads like someone else said lol.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
You know what's worse?

Peach is wearing friggen high heels, yet she runs faster.

Zelda, who is wearing normal boots, runs slower.

What the heck people?! ;;
I think Peach is just really used to wearing high heels all the time. lol

And Zelda's used to... teleporting? I dunno, too bad she still hasn't mastered the ending lag of it yet, lol

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I do that with every character I play.
Hmm, I don't do it much with Pikachu.... people don't ever want to chase him. :(

They seem to assume Zelda's a little pushover and go all-out aggro crazy until they realize what a fortress she is.

At least Zelda *looks* like she's running fast...mindgames :ohwell:
You can tell she's putting a lot of effort into it at least, so I commend her on that.

She's so fast as Sheik, maybe it's the shoulder pads like someone else said lol.
Lol. She does look like she's workin' madd hard.

And Zelda's used to... teleporting? I dunno, too bad she still hasn't mastered the ending lag of it yet, lol
Or the startup lag. :mad: 33 frames of stupidness.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Or the startup lag. :mad: 33 frames of stupidness.
Not stupidity, important and sexy poses. NEVER FORGET THE POSES.

Seriously though, I´ve never really understood the reason why FW has so much startup in it. I understand that it is to make the move at least gimpable (insta-teleport would be too good lol) but I find that to be just too much. Still much better than in melee, though.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Well, it's pretty clear by now that Sakurai doesn't care about balance.

If he did, his little demon pet wouldn't be top tier.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Since Sakurai said he won't be working on SSB4, it'll be interesting to see if the next person goes for a more competitive style.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm gonna be going Peach/Zelda at my next big tournament which is apex. Hopefully this can boost her up, I'm going for top ten

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm gonna be going Peach/Zelda at my next big tournament which is apex. Hopefully this can boost her up, I'm going for top ten
Hooray. I'll be at Apex as well.

I'm probably going to go Pikachu/Marth the whole way (if I feel like my Marth is good enough by then.....), but if I have to go against another Pika or run into a particularly easy opponent, I might go Zelda.

Tbh, the real reason I don't use Zelda as much in tourney is that I SD a lot with her still. x.x I'm so used to having such a beastly recovery with Quick Attack..... FW just doesn't work for me, lol. I seem to always run into those awkward angles where getting back is a real b.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Tbh, the real reason I don't use Zelda as much in tourney is that I SD a lot with her still. x.x I'm so used to having such a beastly recovery with Quick Attack..... FW just doesn't work for me, lol. I seem to always run into those awkward angles where getting back is a real b.
yeah sheik has problems like that too...

OH WAIT!

Top Bottom