• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
@ fiction: true, but the dj out of the aerial is supposed to cancel some of your momentum. and since you can start/finish an aerial before your airdodge would end i figured that would be better.

@ everyone: what, if any moves, are there that take off all of the pikmin? i know for some characters if the pikmin are attached in certain areas of the body only certain moves will remove them, whereas for gw, the nair removes everything.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
We don't have any that removes all of them. Nair and Dair together should take care of them though.

And maybe someone should definitively test that stuff out with someone. I'm pretty sure ff aerial with DJ cancels momentum, otherwise I wouldn't be living to the ridiculous percents I do. Bike braking may be a tad better, but not enough to make a huge difference (except during fatal, long-distance, cross-stage hits).

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I have a question about the dthrow. I've noticed that with a lot of heavy characters (Bowser is the best example of this but I've gotten it to work with people as light as Wolf to an extent) I can dthrow, pivotgrab, and then dthrow again and repeat for a pseudo-cg. My question is, is there any way to time it so that it's not escapable? So far I've only been able to do it if the opponent doesn't roll/dodge/jump/attack out of it.

Also, I just started picking up Wario and I'm having a hard time with the most basic thing: I keep forgetting to sideB and Bike Jump before upBing when recovering low. My Wario has made a lot of good progress otherwise, but this is really holding me back. Any tips on how to make myself not ********?

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I have a question about the dthrow. I've noticed that with a lot of heavy characters (Bowser is the best example of this but I've gotten it to work with people as light as Wolf to an extent) I can dthrow, pivotgrab, and then dthrow again and repeat for a pseudo-cg. My question is, is there any way to time it so that it's not escapable? So far I've only been able to do it if the opponent doesn't roll/dodge/jump/attack out of it.

Also, I just started picking up Wario and I'm having a hard time with the most basic thing: I keep forgetting to sideB and Bike Jump before upBing when recovering low. My Wario has made a lot of good progress otherwise, but this is really holding me back. Any tips on how to make myself not ********?
The dthrow even works on Falco from about 50%. I think it's inescapable if perfectly used but I think this 0-death chain grab is easier to time than D3's infinite with no wall.

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman

bowser can up-b out of it, there is one on DK for about 100% which is inescapable
Other than that, you have to buffer the cg on wolf (20-200%), falco (50-120 but d-throw must be stale) and i forget who else...

if you're not familiar with the term buffering, it means you have to input the command 10 frames before your previous command ends. This means that you have to input wario turning around and grabbing before the grab he's currently doing ends. This takes practice, to say the least. The one on DK is just turn around and regrab.

and as for your recovery, just get it in your head that you will rarely ever use up-b with wario. The recovery sucks and the move is SDIable.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Japes is great for Wario, both campy and aggro (depending on if they play someone who can camp you harder). Norfair is a little too big with too many edges and too many places for them to run.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I like taking Olimar and Diddy to Japes since I get most of my kills on them by gimping anyway. Then again, I'm a total scrub with Wario, so idk.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
What character would be good to take to japes?

I would imagine characters that kill off the top better than the side, and characters that have trouble killing in general.

Not DK, Yoshi, or GaW..

Mainly DK and GaW to be worried about, the huge blastzones give them ample time to employ their "breaking" strategies. IDK about Yoshi here, but he is ok at camping the platforms with eggs, and if you get pivot grabbed on one of them you die =\. He can also Brake with his egg =\

Padô

Smash Lord
Sup guys, i was wondering if you could tell me what do you do before dairing your opponents shield , if you bite, if you grab or do something else. I'm usually training to dair and land on the oposite direction my oponente is facing then reverse bite...

What elso do you recommend me? And witch are the best options?

Gichan

Smash Champion
For SH dair, definitely. For some, even c-sticking aerials to weave isn't bad. But remember, don't get to use to it, you will want to use the A-button for your fair so you can DJ into another attack.

KhaosTy

Smash Rookie
I've got a problem with DACUS. I can't do it. I try to do the "run, cstick down and then use z to usmash", but I think my timing is off. Can anyone help me?

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I can't do it with the z, I find I accidentally grab too often out of it, so I have R set to attack and it works great, just do down c > up on analog and press R.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mk's grounded shuttleloop out of shield or whenever I use any aerial close to the ground... I don't know how to deal with it except to shield. >_> For example, I'll use the standard rising short hop dair->nair->grab/full hop dair->clap, but he'll DI away and to the ground for an invinicible upb.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, I beat Boss, was really close. He's freaking ridiculous at this game, and he's still my hero, haha. I loved that we had a small taunt party while waiting for the stage to change.

Also, Pit is stupidly easy for Wario. I've taken out all the Southwest Pits and Rogue Pit as well, without too much trouble... the matchup just feels easy to me.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Phantom, either you have always been good or you have dramatically gotten better since I took my huge break from brawl

holy **** you are good.

off-topic: I play brawl again, and I still main Wario. It's a matter of me going to more brawl tournaments again, but that's gonna be kinda hard considering I go to too many melee tournaments and my ride happens to be my parents. :/ I should've really gone to apex though. Would've been nice meeting you

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
PX has always been good, he has just never really taken Singles as seriously as doubles.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, I never used to really try in Singles b/c it's just boring compared to doubles, and more tiring, lol; I've said this many times.

Missed your chance to meet me, Deff :p

I got knocked out by Ultimate Razer (my jump button was sticking at this point; but I honestly don't think I would've won anyway, I felt he could make it farther than me so I wasn't going to try too hard to begin with) and then Slikvik's Peach. Was wrecking second round on his counterpick but I did some silly **** in random "sandbag" moments and lost. His Peach is legit though.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
kinda ironic

his melee peach ***** me so hard one time LOL

don't worry im either moving to texas or im gonna start traveling like crazy once im allowed to do so/have the money. how is the community in texas?

you know i really feel like im going off-topic, so random question to you guys: is chomp still spammable these days or are people much more careful now?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I love forcing people into shield and then dropping into bites, works amazingly... just another huge tool for Wario's shield pressure game.

The TX community is one of the best, maybe not in skill (though it's certainly good [I'm not even ranked ^_^]); but we're like a big family, and we know have to have fun with each other and with the game, which is more than can be said about most.

Top Bottom