• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
It's possible to DI the dsmash enough far so that Zamus cannot even grab Wario by pivot grabbing?

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I know this isn't wario specific but I figure you guys would know, what's the best way to mash out of a grab? And how do you crunch fastest when you get a bite?

Excellence

Smash Champion
I know this isn't wario specific but I figure you guys would know, what's the best way to mash out of a grab? And how do you crunch fastest when you get a bite?
You mean to save yourself from a grab release or whatever? It's important to know what's going to happen after each grab release so that you know which way you need to go. Usually, I find myself Smash DI'ing away so that I don't get killed. When you Bite someone you can just bash your B button as fast as you possibly can.

KhaosTy

Smash Rookie
What's a good follow-up to Wario's dthrow at low percentages? Should I even be using dthrow at low percents?

Also, sometimes when I SH Dair, it doesn't auto-cancel and I get punished. Any suggestions?

YagamiDark

Smash Journeyman
Fsmash works on a lot of characters after a Dthrow (low %'s)
Depends really on what they do.
If they spotdodge you can charge Fsmash or Ftilt
If they jump you can get a Uair
If they shield you can turnaround and regrab
If they roll away you can do w/e (dash grab, bike, dacus, etc)

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Mashing out of grabs.. I watched Reflex do it at tournament recently, what he does is simply use his left hand to rotate the left stick extremely fast. He then kinda vibrates his arm on the right over the controller, holding it from the force of his left hand.. and it hits all the buttons.. Too good.

I would also like to know the best way to chomp =]

You mean to save yourself from a grab release or whatever? It's important to know what's going to happen after each grab release so that you know which way you need to go. Usually, I find myself Smash DI'ing away so that I don't get killed. When you Bite someone you can just bash your B button as fast as you possibly can.
You can't smash DI throws, and you can't preform any kind of DI on a grab release...

What's a good follow-up to Wario's dthrow at low percentages? Should I even be using dthrow at low percents?

Also, sometimes when I SH Dair, it doesn't auto-cancel and I get punished. Any suggestions?
It depends. Normally I like f-throw, it puts the opponent into the air where they can't shield, and you can apply more pressure. D-throw and walk away, watch the reaction, and assume they do the same one as last time is always nice. I watched some FICTION videos at BIO, and he would run up and grab afterwards. Hefty damage, and beats shields which is very nice.

You are not dairing fast enough, or you are dairing up a slant.. or Fastfalling it.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Really? I never do it, because Wario is faster in the air than on the ground anyways... And I almost always retreat my SH-dairs, and if I don't I am following up so I want to be fast.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
What is the best move to do for bike breaking? Everyone has told me different things. Some say airdodge, some say fair, some say dair, ect. Can someone clear this up once and for all for me?

Minwu

Smash Journeyman
In the SBR character discussion thread, someone said that bike taunting beats out the Tornado. What properties does riding the bike while taunting have over not taunting?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
What is the best move to do for bike breaking? Everyone has told me different things. Some say airdodge, some say fair, some say dair, ect. Can someone clear this up once and for all for me?
Fair and Dair are both the best. They are the same speed, but Dair you can auto-fastfall...

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If you want to bike brake, airdodge. If you want to just DI, use cstick dair (while not holding down on control stick) and dj.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If you hold down on the control stick while c-sticking down you don't auto-fastfall the dair so it doesn't help you momentum cancel.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Whats Wario's fastest move that kills at around 130+ on a jigs for EX. lets say you got hit and you shielded it, what is the fastest frame based move?

I am thinking forward smash, but i am having some doubts.

Browny

Smash Hater
Does the waft have any SA/invincibility frames associated with it any any amount charged?

Just trying to figure out whether it can be used as a combo breaker of sorts lol

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Does the waft have any SA/invincibility frames associated with it any any amount charged?

Just trying to figure out whether it can be used as a combo breaker of sorts lol
ive fully wafted a charizard once right when he grabbed me and it was really weird.. funny, but weird. Charizard was like 100+ too.. hehe.. just thought ide throw it out there.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
in what situations does the bike brake help you survive more? since the air dodge is slower i would think just doing an aerial would be faster

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Air dodging is faster for bike braking. I think aerials are better for surviving vertical KOs only since you can ff during them.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I hope everyone realizes that aerials don't change your sideways movement at all...

Top Bottom