• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You're hitting up too hard on the control stick. It's similar to trying to c4 recovery with snake when you aren't ascending. If you just hit down b you'll fastfall it, however if you do down (lightly) b you'll drop the c4 w/o fastfalling. The same concept applies with tap jump and using your jumps. If you do it lightly you won't waste your jump, if you play (what for me is) normal you'll probably waste them.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Every character has 20 frames on Wario. That's enough for a lot of them to Usmash or aerial.

Bowser has 30, which means he can Fsmash. lol
All characters except Jigglypuff suffer an air release lag of 50 frames. This also includes Wario only that Wario escape a very poor distance. Fox and Falco also have an air release issue which is that they can't do absolutely anything until they reach the ground, an example is forcing Fox/Falco fall into Snake's mine.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
You're hitting up too hard on the control stick. It's similar to trying to c4 recovery with snake when you aren't ascending. If you just hit down b you'll fastfall it, however if you do down (lightly) b you'll drop the c4 w/o fastfalling. The same concept applies with tap jump and using your jumps. If you do it lightly you won't waste your jump, if you play (what for me is) normal you'll probably waste them.
It's easier to cancel Cypher just before it ends and planting the C4, this is how I plant it and nearly never do it badly into SD.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Then I guess DMG leaves it on. I know SOMEONE uses it, lol.

smashkng, if you learn to do the light c4, you can do an aerial til way later and then c4 whenever b/c you won't kill yourself, rather than having to do it while ascending.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I'm playing with tap jump off but the problem is I think I need to buffer the next aerial during my double jump because thats the only way it works.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I always time precise it to be like only 1mm less. PhantomX, do you say it's better to wait until end and risk fast fall rather than end 1 frame earlier? I think it's still possible to do an aerial. And still have enough time to never kill myself when meteor cancel 1mm from bottom blast line.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I don't know what you're talking about anymore :(

If you meteor canceled something, you should probably up b, and not c4, haha. Waiting and "risking the fastfall" is better if you have someone right next to you trying to gimp, b/c you can bair/uair them off, and then c4 after.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I think that has to do with the Yoshi's Island slant. That thing makes Sonic invincible on his spin dashes, and DK invincible on his Up Bs, so it doesn't surprise me that we could get invincible bikes from it XD

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It would be good to use it as an edgeguard, b/c if it lands they just die regardless of what they do, lol. But yeah, too dangerous to have in the middle of hte stage like that.

YagamiDark

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I played a Lucario who would roll away anytime I got remotely close to him. I punished with Bike and DACUS, but eventually he started to see through it. I tried empty SHing and following up with a dashing grab, but that didn't really work. Anything else you can punish rolling with?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
If they constantly roll, Dsmash works once in a blue moon. Dair or Nair in place, as in just SH and don't use it in any direction, they're bound to run right into one. Also, try pivot-grabbing if you can predict a roll.

drunk3ng0ldfish

Smash Cadet
WARIOMAN QUESTION!!! ˚∆˚"
does transforming into warioman refresh your stale moves? (as in after you transform back)
was wondering.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
My two preferred out of shield options are grab >>>>>>>>>> nair. Jab is better used as a spacing tool, in my opinion. 8 Frames is pretty slow so if you start jabbing out of shield, they'll just jab you first.

It has pretty **** high priority, so it's ok to just throw it out from time to time against most characters, and then react if it lands.

b0wzr!

Smash Cadet
How does one approach G&W?
It seems everytime I go near him, his priority with his Bair and his Down Smash always gets me.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If you land next to him, sh nair out of shield > any of his options, and you can grab him out of a lot of things as well, and just grab him a lot in general. SDI the backair and start punishing them for it, it's the nair you should be worried about.

I know it's counterintuitive playing Wario and all, but ***** your shield, a lot, and tilt it up against his aerials. Learn to tech their dthrows and don't get into a predictable techroll pattern. Watch my matches with Hylian on my thread.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Yeah I played a Lucario who would roll away anytime I got remotely close to him. I punished with Bike and DACUS, but eventually he started to see through it. I tried empty SHing and following up with a dashing grab, but that didn't really work. Anything else you can punish rolling with?
Fair. Just poke them with that to make them nervous. They might start rolling behind you, which is when you Fsmash.
There is a lot you can do to Lucario to make him uncomfortable. You can camp him even :laugh::laugh::laugh: but that's balls and I probably wouldn't do it.

and you can use his jab to punish spot dodges.

jab > grab
jab > smash

TiresAreForCars

Smash Rookie
i have two questions:
1 is there any button input to cancel the jab(like crouching) to do jab fsmash?
2 what are some good mindgames(or ways to punish), when your opponents right above you and knows your going to uair, so they airdodge right when you get near them.

Popertop

Smash Champion
1. yeah just press down and then fsmash.
2. just delay your Uair until they are vulnerable at the end of their airdodge. That works at any height. But they can also fastfall and you might miss them. Depending on how high up they are you can Fsmash them before they land, grab them, or do an Uair into an Usmash to catch them in the middle of their airdodge. Jab works too. Also, if they are at kill percent, you can Waft. :) :)

TiresAreForCars

Smash Rookie
1. yeah just press down and then fsmash.
2. just delay your Uair until they are vulnerable at the end of their airdodge. That works at any height. But they can also fastfall and you might miss them. Depending on how high up they are you can Fsmash them before they land, grab them, or do an Uair into an Usmash to catch them in the middle of their airdodge. Jab works too. Also, if they are at kill percent, you can Waft. :) :)
Ty=D
10 ty's

Gichan

Smash Champion
people air dodging into my wafts is second best method of kill for me, first is the infamous jab to fsmash, man that works almost all the time.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
People be stealing my jab to fsmash! I don't even cancel it with an input, timing works well enough and avoids the possibility of crouching, which sucks.

Baiting airdodges with Wario is amazing, as it can lead to an upair anyway, a nair to get them offstage, or free farts.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sadly, no for Dair and I am pretty sure bite won't either. It will count as just 1 move.

Top Bottom