• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
AFAIK ICs **** Kirby and D3 though. GW is supposed to do decently vs them, and Wario does really well as long as you don't botch autocancels on anything and space correctly with dairs.

Quik17

Smash Ace
I need some help on some effective ways to approach Luigi. I've been having a problem with this lately.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I need some help on some effective ways to approach Luigi. I've been having a problem with this lately.
You don't approach Luigi. You jump around in his face, just barely out of his range, and wait for him to make the first move and/or trick him into a bite/grab.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Alright, continuing my guide a little bit. Now that we're past the top teirs, we're getting into territory I'm very familiar with, since there are a lot of medium tiers where I live besides Snake/MK

BMX

Smash Lord
When Wario's playing a R.O.B. what stages would/should Wario CP and ban?
Thats kinda tough actually considering both do really well against each other stage-wise.

JJ, don't use RC. Its my favorite CP and it's Wario's playground, basically. JJ is something I would ban along with Battlefield.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Go to Battlefield as ROB, or maybe Frigate, Yoshi's Island, or Halberd and camp under the platforms with projectiles and predominately tilts. I don't recommend Japes in the least, it's such a good Wario stage.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
I always ban BF no matter the matchup (platforms **** rob), but incase I'm allowed 2 bans I'm not sure what to ban O.o. So I guess I'll go check that thread. lol

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Battlefield is one of the best neutrals for ROB against Wario. The platforms are small enough to where, if you land on them, you can quickly run offbackair, and it has such a big hitbox that if Wario is under them he will likely get hit.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
But if R.O.B. is easy for Wario to combo and the platforms help expose R.O.B.'s weakspot (below him), then shouldn't R.O.B. avoid that stage to prevent himself from being combo'd/KO'd by Uair? What you're saying makes sense, but it just seems like there are more cons than pros for R.O.B.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I used to think the same, but if you are good at spacing you can up b, nair and as soon as you land on teh platforms run off backair and we can do little about it. I used to think it was great for us until I actually played against Light and Sudai.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
rob's best chance is bf...frigate doesnt work 2 well against wario in my experience

Popertop

Smash Champion
I used to think the same, but if you are good at spacing you can up b, nair and as soon as you land on teh platforms run off backair and we can do little about it. I used to think it was great for us until I actually played against Light and Sudai.
I actually ***** sudai on Battlefield, but I sd'ed about four times in a three stock game. :laugh:

Stiltz did really good against me there though.

Sudai

Stuff here
Pop, I started playing against Warios a lot differently between when you played me and when PX played me. I actually figured out how I have to play the match-up since I have to change completely. Haha. Battlefield is my #1 choice for neutral when fighting against Warios.

ROB just has to learn how to keep constant hitboxes out which is super easy on BF once you learn to do so.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I believe it's always 10, but that's for any character that grab releases any other character. Wario's animation just leaves him practically in place, so people can do whatever they want out of it.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I believe it's always 10, but that's for any character that grab releases any other character. Wario's animation just leaves him practically in place, so people can do whatever they want out of it.
Smash Wikia says air release lag is always 30 for the releaser and 50 (49 for Jigglypuff) for the released. I want a list of who air releases farther and who air releases shorter.

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
I think it must be more than that, considering what can be done to Wario in his.

Smash Wikia says air release lag is always 30 for the releaser and 50 (49 for Jigglypuff) for the released. I want a list of who air releases farther and who air releases shorter.
So people only have a 20 frame advantage? I though it was bigger.

Also, does anyone know how many frames it is before Wario is invincible from a second jump air dodge?

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I think it must be more than that, considering what can be done to Wario in his.

So people only have a 20 frame advantage? i though it was bigger.

Also, does anyone know how many frames it is before Wario is invincible from a second jump air dodge?
20 frames is much if you react very quickly, it's enough for attacking so don't say it's very little.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I'd like to only hear from someone of notoriety. Should I be playing with tap jump on or off because it's really hard to DAir > double jump > aerial without it tap jump off is so much more comfortable.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Every character has 20 frames on Wario. That's enough for a lot of them to Usmash or aerial.

Bowser has 30, which means he can Fsmash. lol

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'd like to only hear from someone of notoriety. Should I be playing with tap jump on or off because it's really hard to DAir > double jump > aerial without it tap jump off is so much more comfortable.
Whatever is more comfortable for you. I think Fiction plays with it on, but I detest it.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Pop, I started playing against Warios a lot differently between when you played me and when PX played me. I actually figured out how I have to play the match-up since I have to change completely. Haha. Battlefield is my #1 choice for neutral when fighting against Warios.

ROB just has to learn how to keep constant hitboxes out which is super easy on BF once you learn to do so.
k lol.
we're going to play a lot of Brawl + friendlies at LasT 3, hopefully they have it as a side event

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I find it too difficult to do a retreating fair without tap jump so I have it on for anyone that is mostly aerial based. On the other hand I find nair to be easier when you use x or y so when I do nair I switch it up briefly. It really depends on the character, for most of my others I play tap jump off.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yes. Tap jump doesn't hinder anything whatsoever, it just means you have to be more gentle/dextrous with your fingers if you want to do up-variant attacks. The jump mechanics are exactly the same.

Tap jump helps you meteor cancel spikes though, as, unlike the jump buttons, you can mash it up repeatedly to stop the spike as soon as it's possible to.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Yes. Tap jump doesn't hinder anything whatsoever, it just means you have to be more gentle/dextrous with your fingers if you want to do up-variant attacks. The jump mechanics are exactly the same.

Tap jump helps you meteor cancel spikes though, as, unlike the jump buttons, you can mash it up repeatedly to stop the spike as soon as it's possible to.
I can't do it for crap man. Are you saying I'm mashing my buttons to hard?

Top Bottom