• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I don't personally use it, but some people like it out of shield. It comes out in 5 frames which is pretty quick. Only places I use it are places with edges (like rock stadium wall, or under Corneria's fin).

Gichan

Smash Champion
I was thinking that near the ledge is the best place as it catches people off guard and you can safely go back on the ledge. I was also thinking on stages like Halberd and BF, with the platform there to cut down the fall time and therefore the lag finish of the move. Are these good options?

Revven

FrankerZ
Okay, yesterday I played a kinda campy R.O.B. Silly thing was, I lost with Wario but, almost won with DK (?? What the ****?) I honestly don't know the Wario vs. R.O.B match-up so can someone give me some advice? I like using Dair a lot and Fair seemed to work quite well against R.O.B, grabbing and Dthrowing didn't do a whole lot (I did try to mind game with it though).

Any ideas?

Edit: Also, what's the Wario vs. Sonic match-up? Is it in Wario's favor?

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Its good to spotdodge and buffer an up b out of shield because you hit their arm and get a ton of damage. Then you DI away and FF and they usually cant punish it. (or try to go for a ledge or platform)

Popertop

Smash Champion
Okay, yesterday I played a kinda campy R.O.B. Silly thing was, I lost with Wario but, almost won with DK (?? What the ****?) I honestly don't know the Wario vs. R.O.B match-up so can someone give me some advice? I like using Dair a lot and Fair seemed to work quite well against R.O.B, grabbing and Dthrowing didn't do a whole lot (I did try to mind game with it though).

Any ideas?

Edit: Also, what's the Wario vs. Sonic match-up? Is it in Wario's favor?
wario vs Rob is even.

don't dthrow him to much, you might get dsmashed, depends.
I usually fthrow.

you can gimp him if he uses his jump.
it's also a free waft, but watch out for his Uair, it has lots of priority.

wario beats sonic, pretty bad.

===L/W===

Smash Rookie
what is warios best momentum cancelling aerial? i thought it was dair but i just saw spammer vs fiction and he used uair so now im confused

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
ROB's pretty fat, and if he has a hurtbox on his dsmash, then I could see it being useful. Worst he could do after DIing your up B is fair, so that's not a big deal either XD

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Is marth a bad Match-Up to Wario ? (I fight today a marth (not main) and he I rly had big problems to get hits. I tried aggressive and hit&run, both times his sword was better... i tried to Bike through him... Nair ;______;)

And some question (and problem) but ZSS ?

[i will try to make him second or 3rd main ^^]

YagamiDark

Smash Journeyman
It's not terrible. It's like 55:45 or something in Marths favor IIRC. Play defensively, don't rush in or you'll get a facefull of fair. Just be patient I guess, but I'm no marth expert. If he's being fair spammy then approach with Bair (I think).

b0wzr!

Smash Cadet
Anyone know a good secoundary character for Wario?
I have a torny coming up on saturday, and I was just wondering against some of Wario's bad match-ups or stages.
I was thinking G&W / Snake / Marth?

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
My wario is just breaking down.... not a good thing since WHOBO is a few days away. I keep getting shield grabbed, and even grabbed before i jump. The more i try to not get grabbed the more i get grabbed.... I never used to play like this, i think i am just not spot dodging enough. I used to be good at the ice climbers..., now i get *****.: Any one want give me some words of wisdom for me to revive my wario???

Popertop

Smash Champion
My wario is just breaking down.... not a good thing since WHOBO is a few days away. I keep getting shield grabbed, and even grabbed before i jump. The more i try to not get grabbed the more i get grabbed.... I never used to play like this, i think i am just not spot dodging enough. I used to be good at the ice climbers..., now i get *****.: Any one want give me some words of wisdom for me to revive my wario???
don't play wario for a while, don't play for a while

when you take breaks from the game, you tend to get rid of bad habits you may be developing.

just take a break, and then right before you need to get serious, play a couple friendlies to get used to everything again.

sasook

Smash Champion
Hello Wario mains, I had heard Wario can now escape ZSS's grab release. I don't doubt it, but my question is - how? What is the method or means to escape it? Thanks for your help.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I don't know anything about getting out of ZSS' grab release, I hope someone could answer that, it would be **** helpful.

And Popertop, that's some great advice, I happen to fall in those bad habits to, like I once had this stupid habit of constantly pressing L while trying to TDI. It was so annoying, but I did what you mentioned and it stopped. So duffman, do it, it will help you.

Now for my question of the day, up to what percent does nair to bite work till? Like if the opponent is at 40%, would it still work? I find that to be a great approach, most of the times they will be waiting for the fsmash.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Wario can bike out of grab release d-smash. Michael Haye does not fail me ever haha.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yo how do you throw warios bike diagonally. I see fiction do it alot
Comon, CO18... that's easy stuff, lol :laugh: It's pretty much the best way to throw the thing. Just do a dsmash throw (mash down + A at the same time) and it'll bounce to the side you're facing instead of straight in place.

Edrid

Smash Rookie
For a really new Brawl player, would you suggest Wario, or is he too complex to use for a newb?

If he is, which character/s wold you suggest trying?

Top Bottom