• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
After a long period of using Wario, I have only a few questions.
One being when wario uses Dair does he fall faster, I cannot tell sometimes with all the lag.
That depends, really. If you fastfall dair, it's probably the fastest way straight down.

b0wzr!

Smash Cadet
Eating the Bike?

Alright so after watching a few vids around here I noticed that not alot of people (PX for example) eat their bikes.
I do it all the time, but after watching what PX does with his Bike unused it made me wonder if it's better to eat the bike or toss it at thier opponents.
I've been lurking for quite a while and back then everyone said to eat their bikes.
Is it still better to eat 'em or just toss 'em?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Depends, really. If they are far from me and don't really have projectiles, it doesn't hurt to throw the bike at them, or to position it closer to them for extended hitbox stuff, or to get them to pick it up. My DI is pretty good though, so I generally get sent upwards, meaning I don't always need it.

If I'm at higher percents I'm more likely to eat it though (or against someone that can gimp me), just in case.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Hey everyone, new to playing Wario. I hope to be able to contribute to these boards.
I find it weird why many PT mains also main Wario, And I have fun with him.

But can anyone direct me to the moves guide, I want to find stuff like basic strategies, etc?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Heavy armor means it's blocks certain attacks but not others (usually it's used in fighters to refer to the ability to block weak attacks but not strong ones, I just chose it b/c it's different than Super and Grab armor, in this case what matters is range, though).

Popertop

Smash Champion
certain attacks will make Wario "topple" off his bike will he is safe from others.

pit's Bair, for instance, will knock Wario off his bike when he pulls it out.

also, Wario sucks, don't play him.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That makes no sense at all!

Leave it to Beaumont, lol.

He might seem terrible b/c half of the fights/rounds we're taking 2-3 times the damage that we dish out, but it doesn't really matter when we win :p He really isn't that great on paper... in practice to me and many others he seems very very good XD

brinboy789

Smash Champion
does wario have a dgrab CG on several chars? i seem to be able to do it consistently with bowser and ganon xp not sure if i can do it with anybody else, or is it even a CG?

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
Bowser can upb out of it. DK and Ganon get CGed to about 100%. The spacies but thats very precise (perfect buffering).

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
We should do more research on the dthrow cg vs the spacies. The pika boards are making me jealous and I played a really gay Falco today.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Fiction thinks we have a 53% - 130%ish buffered dthrow CG on Falco, and an even longer one on Wolf. I personally hate CGs though and can't be ***** to test it myself.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Don't help us, MrEh.

You're supposed to wanna win.

BentoBox

Smash Master
I was wondering why so many Warios used his d-throw more often than any other throw? I was watching some DMG vids against Roy R amongst many others, and it was the only one he used... and yet, unless you can CG with it, it doesn't really lead into anything and it's the weakest too.

Also, I was wondering if anybody else whipped out their bikes for the tires in order to create temporary walls by d-throwing them (like ZSS does with their armor pieces). Can often lead into free hits~

I was playing a ZSS earlier and I think my d-tilt clanked with her side-B... T/F? Otherwise, when do you guys use it? What does it beat? I remember reading somewhere (think it was PhantomX) that it had as much range as MK's d-tilt... is that true?

About Wario's bike as a momentum cancelling, does it stop you the same way the bucket does? I thought the only B moves that cleared your momentum were DK's up-b and GW's d-b~

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I was wondering why so many Warios used his d-throw more often than any other throw? I was watching some DMG vids against Roy R amongst many others, and it was the only one he used... and yet, unless you can CG with it, it doesn't really lead into anything and it's the weakest too.

Also, I was wondering if anybody else whipped out their bikes for the tires in order to create temporary walls by d-throwing them (like ZSS does with their armor pieces). Can often lead into free hits~

I was playing a ZSS earlier and I think my d-tilt clanked with her side-B... T/F? Otherwise, when do you guys use it? What does it beat? I remember reading somewhere (think it was PhantomX) that it had as much range as MK's d-tilt... is that true?

About Wario's bike as a momentum cancelling, does it stop you the same way the bucket does? I thought the only B moves that cleared your momentum were DK's up-b and GW's d-b~
Down throw might be most common, least used is upthrow, obviously. Down throw actually does lead to a few things, like dair, nair, or maybe an fsmash if they don't react fast enough. With Wario, you want to keep your foe close, so it'll be either down throw, or back.

Yeah, we decided to become the campiest Warios. We're all gonna start wiping out and chucking tires at people. I'm not even kidding.

No, there are only 3 moves in the game that cancel momentum in that way. Yoshi's Eggroll and DK's up-b are the most dangerous, because you're powerless after they're used. Game and Watch has the best one by far. No other specials cancel your momentum. Wario's bike doesn't do much, you're better off nairing, then DI'ing toward the stage. You do not want to waste your bike trying to cancel momentum. Moves like Fox's shine actual propel you farther if you try to cancel momentum, so it could be possible Wario's bike is affected by this. Not really sure.

BentoBox

Smash Master
D-air and F-air last 37 Frames (39 frames for airdodge) while N-air lasts 49; Why would you use the latter over the formers? And I was skimming through some of the threads on these boards and the term "Bike Braking" came out unusually often and I was wondering what that was all about~

edit: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211222&highlight=bike+braking
Turns out Airdodge+Bike is the best momentum canceling method~

About D-throw, I was playing against a CPU just to see what options my opponents would have out of the throw. Tried it against Marth and he could shield, spotdodge, F-air me before I could do anything... I hence suspect he could easily run away from me too. So it's mostly a guessing game that can get you punished because of their close proximity, especially if they're faster and have more range than you in the air (as they are sent at a slight angle above the ground). He was also sent too far away for a F-smash but I guess that is character dependant so I should toy around with it some more against the rest of the cast. On the other hand, U-throw gives you a free chase opportunity, and it does deal an extra 3% iirc. Fairly useful against characters that have blindspots below them like snake, dk (after 100%), marth... imo.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Floatier characters you're better off fthrowing, Dthrow wrecks fastfallers or heavier/bigger characters though b/c they will land on the ground, and so their options are limited. I generally just fthrow anyway b/c it does like 12%

Use dair for vertical momentum canceling, airdodge + bike for horizontal (though I personally don't, I just dair and jump). Uthrow is way laggy after he throws, so it's actually not that useful, bthrow is only useful if you want to get someone offstage.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Hey, I was just wondering, since everone's talking about d-throw... can it be used to chaingrab anyone?
yes, see this and previous page.

i've been woondering, why dont people abuse wario's grab release failness? i versed a snake today and he didnt grab release me once. then i versed a diddy, who again didnt grab release me. is it because they dont know? because i think its common knowledge...

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Yah Uthrow and Fthrow are the safest, don't dthrow when you are at killing percents because if you mess up you could get ***** from that position. Bthrow is just lame and doesnt really do that much at all lol.

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
What is air-camping, and is it exclusive to Wario?
i'm sure some of the other guys could give a better explanation, but as you should know, wario has the best aerial mobility in the game, making it hard for the majority of the cast to catch up to him if he runs away. In addition, he has the best air dodge in the game, allowing him to deal with projectiles when air camping. I don't know if it's exclusive to wario, it's just easiest with him, lol. So basically, you just get a nice sized level with platforms, and then you keep away. Think Wario on Norfair. Hope this helped.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
i'm sure some of the other guys could give a better explanation, but as you should know, wario has the best aerial mobility in the game, making it hard for the majority of the cast to catch up to him if he runs away. In addition, he has the best air dodge in the game, allowing him to deal with projectiles when air camping. I don't know if it's exclusive to wario, it's just easiest with him, lol. So basically, you just get a nice sized level with platforms, and then you keep away. Think Wario on Norfair. Hope this helped.
I noticed the way Wario air-dodges, and it does throw me off at times, especially when he's on the ground, because he does a spin, and I'm thinking he's doing an attack. Thanks for the answer.

Top Bottom