• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Ace55

Smash Lord
Phantom beats Boss, Boss beats Azen, therefore Phantom is better than Azen :psycho:.

No but really, good stuff man, good stuff.

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
Phantomx you get a chance to play neo at APEX? If so how did it go?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
We played friendlies; he's really good. I don't think I've ever seen any Marth tipper so many aerials. I think the score against his Marth was like 1-2 in his favor, all rounds were close. Don't know if I could beat him in trny/MM.

mAnBrAwL09

Smash Cadet
i remember playing Neo in tourney.

God, he's good. lol but that was a while back. so i got him.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Roy would tipper more, but he doesn't tipper on purpose so he can combo.

:p
That honestly wouldn't surprise me, lol.

EC Marth's really love throwing out random retreating pivot grabs too... to the point where whenever I do it, I yell out EAST COAST, now, lol.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
That honestly wouldn't surprise me, lol.

EC Marth's really love throwing out random retreating pivot grabs too... to the point where whenever I do it, I yell out EAST COAST, now, lol.
hahah, sooo true. i don't even play marth competetively and i do it whenever i use him in friendlies and stuff XDD

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
i have a few questions because i'm just starting out with using wario in tourney
1) What is the best option to do against most characters when you have them up against the wall?
2) how many frames does it take for the fart to come out? does it matter about how much it's charged? and does powershielding an attack and farting work well?
3) should i be using jab much? i've seen ppl do jab to d smash or f smash... are either of those legit?
4) does the d throw CG only work on DK?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Half waft comes out in 5 frames. Full waft hits at 8 with super armor. You should already know from talking with me that powershielding into farts is incredible, lol. Don't do jab > dsmash ever, only Reflex tries it and he barely gets away with it :p Jab > Fsmash works if you hit with the jab near to you (and kills sooner b/c they'll try to DI away); jab > grab should almost always work. It takes a little practice before you can tell when you should or shouldn't jab.

Against the wall I like to bite or nair a bunch, no really good options for us.

The regular Dthrow CG works on DK, but we have buffered Dthrow CGs on Ganon, Falcon, Falco, and Wolf.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
Half waft comes out in 5 frames. Full waft hits at 8 with super armor. You should already know from talking with me that powershielding into farts is incredible, lol. Don't do jab > dsmash ever, only Reflex tries it and he barely gets away with it :p Jab > Fsmash works if you hit with the jab near to you (and kills sooner b/c they'll try to DI away); jab > grab should almost always work. It takes a little practice before you can tell when you should or shouldn't jab.

Against the wall I like to bite or nair a bunch, no really good options for us.

The regular Dthrow CG works on DK, but we have buffered Dthrow CGs on Ganon, Falcon, Falco, and Wolf.
ok, good to know. i was also doing bite and nair against the wall ^_^.

oh,that's awesome about the buffer cg. i was playing a wolf on wifi today and did it but i wasn't sure if he was just not spot dodging in time. do i just do the d throw and buffer another grab by holding the opposite direction and pressing grab while the first d throw is almsot finished? ... with proper timing of course.
do these have to be at specific percents? and how long can you cg these characters for? that'd realllyy help against falco.

FattyFatFatso

Smash Apprentice
Hi all! New to posting on the thread. I have been reading the threads for over a year now and haven't really bothered to post but I just got an account so I want to say hi. DMG come to Oklahoma this weekend! We can finish our duelist match! Anyway, just a quick question, can a dash dance be effectively incorporated into Wario's ground game? Example: dash dance to DACUS. And second, can Wario Smash DI into the stage from a Falco grab release to spike?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
YAY I AM COMING TO OKLAHOMA, I love playing FattyFatFatso lol.

Dash dance with Wario isn't really that useful BUT I sometimes Dash dance, end it be dashing backwards, and then I will like dash grab if they tried something laggy to hit me.

You can SDI Falco's Spike into the stage/side of the edge after a grab release from the edge yes.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Hi all! New to posting on the thread. I have been reading the threads for over a year now and haven't really bothered to post but I just got an account so I want to say hi. DMG come to Oklahoma this weekend! We can finish our duelist match! Anyway, just a quick question, can a dash dance be effectively incorporated into Wario's ground game? Example: dash dance to DACUS. And second, can Wario Smash DI into the stage from a Falco grab release to spike?
Dash dancing is useful vs mk's who spam Sh fair..rly messes with them

and yes he can.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I don't even dash dance, I just spin around in place. Looks hilarious and confuses the hell out of people. You need to come to TX more, Fatty.

FattyFatFatso

Smash Apprentice
I will try this summer. I love you Phantom =D you are the coolest mod evar! HAHA just want to say that I like your style of playing better than DMG's but I love DMG more than you. Sorry. I haven't seen that many videos of Fiction playing but after watching the match where DSF took a game off M2K I can only imagine how beast Fiction is. With Bassem you 4 guys are my idols!

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
What? Wario players have fans now?

lololol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario players have fans that also happen to be Wario players too.

Kinda like for Captain Falcon.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dedede = Wario.

I still win lol

Edit: I'm CO18's second biggest fan.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I love CO18, but not his character choice. Eh pwns Razers and doesn't afraid of anything.

Fatty, how could you even like DMG at ALL. He's not even a man, with how many lunches he speaks of packing, he might as well be a woman.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Everyone knows I'm secretly the best Wario main, but I've been mindgameing you all with my plethora of other characters that I play, and sandbagging so that the one day I truly unleash my powers on the world, all will become clear.

FattyFatFatso

Smash Apprentice
I wish I could but I play the gayest Fox in this region. Cant give advice against unorthodox styles. All I know is, his speed can help him space your aerial approaches so you will have to juggle him into the air more often. And beware of his D-air to U-tilt to U-tilt.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Fiction.. how do you beat an extremely campy kirby?

I barely win, and I used to rock him when I played any other character.. but Wario's lack of range makes his retreating bair unbeatable. I normally end up running in, shielding, having to retreat, over and over again. Eventually I get a powershield and manage to grab him, or he messes up his spacing.

Also, I space him vertically some... I jump jump airdodge until he messes up using an aerial early, then land a quick dair for some damage before he DI's out and it starts again.

Our matches take forever, and I fear that if he makes slightly less mistakes he will start winning.

One of my new favorite things to do is get a tire, jump and him and airdodge for a reaction, then hit him with said tire.. but taking the bike out is a pain, and not reliable for the damage.

Tips anyone?

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
u can fair poke his bairs or f-tilt them with good timing. you can also air-dodge through them and grab him on the other side
mix up your double and single hops as well... try to get some claps under him if he jumps and bairs too high
usually, i like to up-throw him so that i have a better chance at getting claps and, more importantly, f-throw puts him in the perfect position to keep spamming bair

last but not least, if he plays like a ******, then hit him and run away lol its pretty easy to run away from bairs if you have some platforms, and, there's a chance he will stop using bair to catch up to you and then u can pwn him

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
He isn't just blindly bairing, he will bair if I bair him.. and he gets the higher damage out of that =\.

also, airdodge through doesn't work, as he is retreating. Claps are always nice, I do go for those as often as I can... F-throw is good too, running powershield to throw is really nice, but not as reliable as I would like.

running away is fine, but he slowly chips at me and I slowly chip at him. I don't like the game to be at 2nd stock on the last minutes, because Kirby has the grab shenanigans. I know I can DI out, but he can mix them up and hit me anyways.

Thanks for the advice.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Watch my vids vs Dojo... he's the definition of a campy Kirby. You need to make your openings and play carefully and DI well. I know in one round I'm at around 200% b/c he can hit me with NOTHING but bairs... but who cares if I don't die :p

FattyFatFatso

Smash Apprentice
Dang, just lost to Holms in tournament. Couldn't get past his retreating b-air either. I just tried to get above him and d-air him, since Wario's double jumps are higher than all of kirby's 5. I got really impatient in the third round so that was why I lost. Can't you just time his retreating b-air and punish with your f-air after the hitbox is over? How many frames does Kirby's b-air last?

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I know this is a nubcake question but how do you go about avoiding grabs? I know, stay in the air, but at some point you have to attack right? Lots of times I would go in and get shield grabbed.

I was at a tournie yesterday, and my first set was against a good Falco main, and since he's a hard counter on my main I tried Snake (lost barely on SV), switched to Wario and beat him on RC, then got raaaaped as Wario on Japes (banned FD which was a bad idea in hindsight). I got CG spiked into the clap trap twice o.O So ya any advice on how you avoid being grabbed, because I'm looking to make Wario my second for dealing with Falco and Diddy.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Watch my vids vs Dojo... he's the definition of a campy Kirby. You need to make your openings and play carefully and DI well. I know in one round I'm at around 200% b/c he can hit me with NOTHING but bairs... but who cares if I don't die :p
Ok, I am going to go do that now =].

Dang, just lost to Holms in tournament. Couldn't get past his retreating b-air either. I just tried to get above him and d-air him, since Wario's double jumps are higher than all of kirby's 5. I got really impatient in the third round so that was why I lost. Can't you just time his retreating b-air and punish with your f-air after the hitbox is over? How many frames does Kirby's b-air last?
No, that timing is not possible.. if they are bairing correctly. They aren't just blind bairs, as I am sure you saw, they are placed to either trade hits or hit you, not get faired.. the landing lag is too low for conventional punishment. Its hard, aint it? =\

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I know this is a nubcake question but how do you go about avoiding grabs? I know, stay in the air, but at some point you have to attack right? Lots of times I would go in and get shield grabbed.

I was at a tournie yesterday, and my first set was against a good Falco main, and since he's a hard counter on my main I tried Snake (lost barely on SV), switched to Wario and beat him on RC, then got raaaaped as Wario on Japes (banned FD which was a bad idea in hindsight). I got CG spiked into the clap trap twice o.O So ya any advice on how you avoid being grabbed, because I'm looking to make Wario my second for dealing with Falco and Diddy.
Either SDI hard enough to not get spiked into klaptraps (b/c if you get hit into the water and SDI to the right you can survive that), wait til you hit like 20-30 from lasers, or do rising dairs and then dj away. This isn't guaranteed to be safe though as Falco's jab is stupid.

Top Bottom