• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

bassem6

Smash Lord
From what I know we were both perfectly straight. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure. We were at different speeds, though.

What do you mean by "better angle" anyway?
You know how you can do a wheelie while youre on the bike by pushing up on control stick? Well if one wario is going straight, and the other does a wheelie, the one with the wheelie will knock the one going straight off I think.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
You know how you can do a wheelie while youre on the bike by pushing up on control stick? Well if one wario is going straight, and the other does a wheelie, the one with the wheelie will knock the one going straight off I think.
I'll definately try that next time.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I've done that before, not that big of a deal. I've played Count so many times in bracket, plus a few other Diddy's XD

It might be useful though, in regards to Biker warios like myself. I'll keep it mind. If I do put it in my Bike thread, I'll put you or whoever else shows a video of them discovering it before you as the one to bring it up. It will be called the Chopper Split. :troll:

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Can you remember any of the other stages you might've done it on? I'm not sure if it works with all platforms.

I can do some further testing on it later, and Chopper Split sounds way too amazing. :)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Coulda been BF, I play there a lot. Otherwise, I know Picto has some interesting platform placements, and then there's always Frigate. Eh, it's hard to say, it's been a while, but I know it happened to me before.

I dont have a wii right now so I can't confirm anything as of yet.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario's a Muscular Hunk of a Man.

Explanation covered.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Wario can waft every character out of a footstool and it is guaranteed. You guys should use this against MK's that wait to punish you for your air dodges or against opponents that like to jump back on to the stage

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Alright, I did some studying for the Chopper Split. I'm just not sure where to put the information.

In the process I also discovered that Wario and only Wario (from what I know) can glidetoss a tire off of a platform downwards without leaving the platform. Not sure if this was discovered, either (probably, lol).

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Can you do it on a stage's edge, too? That anti-planking strat~

Do you have to be facing away from the platform?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
You need to be facing away from the platform's edge. I actually didn't test it with any character besides Dedede, Falco, MK, and Wario. But since Falco and MK can't do it, I believe that only Wario can. It's unconfirmed atm. It has to be a downward glidetoss. Even though Wario himself doesn't move, it picks up that it's a glidetoss, and the tire can make it below the platform.

It can be done off of the stage's edge, and only Wario (as far as I know) can throw it offstage while staying on it. The distance is more forgiving for throwing it off of the stage. I've tested it on BF and YI platforms, so I think it works on any platform/edge.

Also, should I put the Chopper Split info in Krystedez's bike thread or the AT thread?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
That's actually really useful, buddy.

Meta Knight will have to plank carefully. If we just shield when Meta Knight can first U-Air at the ledge, we have a few possibilities.

If we shield a U-Air and then successfully glide toss, we safely throw the tire at him, and it should hit him. I imagine it would allow us to get a free aerial; a free Waft, at least. Worst case scenario, we throw our tire off the stage and we're still safe.

If we shield a U-Air and attempt to glide toss at the same time, we shield SDI off, but since we're facing backward, I think we go into that, "Oh no, I'm sliding off" animation, but we should be able to input the glide toss on reaction, rather than guessing perfectly, like shield SDI -> punish would have us do.

If Meta Knight tries to wait it out, his invincibility wears off, and it becomes generally easier to deal with him there.

Obviously, he has options like Mach Tornado, but this should certainly help the ledgeguarding mix-up game if it works like I think it does. :)

Also, does it work with both a large tire and a small tire?

Bilo

Smash Rookie
Hello smashboard, at first sorry for my bad english, I'm a german Smasher and I main Wario. :D
I think I'm solid on every Matchup, except Olimar.
Can anyone give me some tipps against one good Olimar?

Labernash

Smash Lord
Hello smashboard, at first sorry for my bad english, I'm a german Smasher and I main Wario. :D
I think I'm solid on every Matchup, except Olimar.
Can anyone give me some tipps against one good Olimar?
Welcome aboard good sir! Olimar is kind of tricky. Not sure I'm the best to give advice on this one.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Me and labernash are probably doing doubles this weekend at a smallish tourney.
He'll probably use wario or DK.
While he's wario should I do Yoshi or ICs(my two mains)

I also pocket ganon and jiggly.

I assume yoshis the way to go.

:phone:

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
jiggs needs more dubs results. Potential? I thnk a little. But yoshi legit.. Cept oos options like listed before LOL.. Shield-grab = what, 13 mk attacks?

:phone:

Labernash

Smash Lord
I used Unspeakable Technique in bracket today. Killed myself. Then got owned by DK's D-Tilt infinite on the boat of RC.

I didn't know about this, but DK can D-Tilt 100 times to D-Smash. Crazy.

Also, my brother got in grand finals in a doubles side event with Jiggly.

Gichan

Smash Champion
What should I do vs DDD's bair? I've finally learned not to try to go for a hit or try to jump over it cause I'll always take the second hit.

Top Bottom