• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

Gichan

Smash Champion
Going back to the subject of the cg on DK, is setting DK to jump in training mode really helpful in learning it? I find it is too easy, is a spotdodge or roll faster than a jump? And doesn't the fact that you can grab people out of jump also factor in to the difficulty?

And man, that slivik match is always the match I get referred to when asking about the Olimar MU loool, slivik is like a legend vs oli or something.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Sorry for the double post. What beats out ICs squall? I don't understand, I see it coming and try to fair/uair/nair it and it beats everything!! I swear I use to **** that move but I don't get what's the case now. I lost a MM cause of it. any tips on dealing with it?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Sorry for the double post. What beats out ICs squall? I don't understand, I see it coming and try to fair/uair/nair it and it beats everything!! I swear I use to **** that move but I don't get what's the case now. I lost a MM cause of it. any tips on dealing with it?
IC squall can be punished every time. That's a common misconception. The priority isn't that good. It's the awkward hitbox that makes people think it beats out things it doesn't. That combined with the fact that it's a moving move throws people off. It's probably your timing. Uair can definitely trade or completely go through it. Dair as well. Fair should trade from underneath and MIGHT get beat head on. I don't usually see wario go for fair in that situation. I've always seen uair or dair. And fart if they get read. I've never bothered with bair. Though i'd imagine it trades.

Labernash

Smash Lord
As far as I know, F-Smash it with supah armour. It's pretty ridiculous. Best bet is be gay and airdodge it. But, remember, they can tap B and go higher! For IC's, Wario needs moar projectile. A good idea is to stay away from them for 7:58 off the clock, then, F-Air them for the first hit of the whole match. It's a true combo for victory.

zmx

Smash Lord
I have a question regarding Wario's supposedly awesome tires. According to one the guides here if the tires always go a certain trajectary depending on what move you use to break the bike.

However I've tested this and this doen't seem to be the case at all. Doing the same move to break the bike results in the tires going in seemingly random directions.

Here's what the guide says:

"Tires flying all over the place, even off the edge into the abyss? The move that breaks the bike determines the trajectories of the tires when they fly out!"

And:

"Keep in mind that Utilt and Uair are possibly the most useful "last hit" for the bike, as they place the tires very near you and with little movement. "

But every time I break it with utilt it goes in a different direction. Sometimes far, sometimes close.

zmx

Smash Lord
No one? Man this board is dead.............
But seriously if someone could tell me if I'm doing something wrong or is the guide wrong.

Gichan

Smash Champion
What works for me is utliting around where the tire on the bike. If you hit it in a certain position (somwhere between the tire and the bike itself) it breaks right on the spot. I also like to break it with dair, it seems to work better for me.

I'll check it out in training mode whenever I have the chance. It was unusual for you not to get a reply, a lot of people are suprisingly active on these boards and I've usually received answers quite quickly when asking.

Geerz

Smash Cadet
I break the bike this way:
dthrow bike -> nair1 -> nair2 -> bike second bounce (breaks)
it normally leaves one or two tires bouncing up and down. And, these boards arent dead. You just need to wait 12 hours for someone else to post :p

zmx

Smash Lord
I break the bike this way:
dthrow bike -> nair1 -> nair2 -> bike second bounce (breaks)
it normally leaves one or two tires bouncing up and down. And, these boards arent dead. You just need to wait 12 hours for someone else to post :p
I just tested this and it doesn't always leave the tires near you. So it's not a fail safe method either.

And to the previous poster I tried doing ftilt near the tires and that doesn't work also. Again sometimes the tires spawn close and others they don't.

So I think it really is random after all and there's no way to control it. I'm surprised I'm the first to notice this. It's a pretty big flaw in the whole "tires are so awesome" idea. If getting them is completely luckbased.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I can GUARANTEE there is a way to control it. One of florida's wario Solo/187 had a way where EVERY TIME he broke the bike this way the tire just appeared staying still on the ground motionless. Idk what it was. But ik he did it.

zmx

Smash Lord
I can GUARANTEE there is a way to control it. One of florida's wario Solo/187 had a way where EVERY TIME he broke the bike this way the tire just appeared staying still on the ground motionless. Idk what it was. But ik he did it.
How do you guys know he just didn't get lucky? Are you sure it was every time? How many matches of him did you see?

I really would like to believe there's a way to control it because I want to add tires to my wario Game but I need proof first and need to know exactly how to do it. "Well this way works usually for me!!!" just isn't good enough.

Imo tires are only worth using if you know a 100% of the time fail safe way to get them.
Otherwise you're just leaving it to luck.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
He was in my crew. I'd seen him play many many matches.

I'm just saying that you should be able to grab tires pretty easily REGARDLESS of how they break. It's not that hard. Def not hard enough to warrant eliminating them from your game.

zmx

Smash Lord
He was in my crew. I'd seen him play many many matches.

I'm just saying that you should be able to grab tires pretty easily REGARDLESS of how they break. It's not that hard. Def not hard enough to warrant eliminating them from your game.
I beg to differ. If you break your bike near the edge the tires could roll off the edge before you have a chance to grab them. Likewise they might roll toward your opponent so obviously chasing after them would leave you wide open and is not a good idea.

Edit: Even the guide here says it's an issue and explains using the right moves to break them solves the issue. But as I've explained this doesn't seem to be the case. It's still random.

Gichan

Smash Champion
How do I beat out Sonic's side B again? And are there different properties between down B and side B?

Also, what's a good CP vs Sonic? Rainbow Cruise didn't do it for me since he has that bull**** slope invincibility on the right side of the boat in RC.

What are some ways to deal with a heavy grenade using snake? Freaking came 5th at a scrub tourney today, ****ing thought I could take it, guess I'm still mad free.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
How do I beat out Sonic's side B again? And are there different properties between down B and side B?

Also, what's a good CP vs Sonic? Rainbow Cruise didn't do it for me since he has that bull**** slope invincibility on the right side of the boat in RC.

What are some ways to deal with a heavy grenade using snake? Freaking came 5th at a scrub tourney today, ****ing thought I could take it, guess I'm still mad free.
Bite ***** sonic :awesome: as long as u use it right. well from the matches i've watched i've seen fd work nicely vs sonic. I'd imagine BF would be good. And i could see brinstar being legit *** well. I'm pretty sure there are different properties. Idk that though. You'd be best off askings sonic boards as they could give a better answer than anyone here i'd imagine.

Jump around them. Instant throw them. Use your bike. Poke him and try to bait him into a grab and follow up as much as possible from it. Dunno never had camping issues to that extreme.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Did you mean use my bite, or actually bike? How do I use the bike vs Snake? I do try tires if that's what you're getting at.

zmx

Smash Lord
Come on, someone here must know if and how you can control it or not with absolute certainty. Where are all the Wario mains at?

I'm tired of trying to figure this out if you get my drift. Harharhar

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Did you mean use my bite, or actually bike? How do I use the bike vs Snake? I do try tires if that's what you're getting at.
Use ur bike by 1) throwing it down to facilitate approaching, 2) jumping up and biking away/offstage to get away from nades., and 3) get out tires. I can guarantee if you get a tire out and use it you'll get a response other than grenades. Which will put it back at your pace and your control.

zmx

Smash Lord
You have to hit the back tire of the bike when you destroy it. If you do that, the tires won't fly away.
Just tested this. No good :/

Every time I tried it the tires flew in a different direction. Only once the big one remained stationary.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
wario is strong wes smash attack so strong u got 74% ur out man:) PLEASE VISIT AND POST IN SMASHPROZ IT SO DEAD

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Okay, I seriously need to train the ditto. People are beating me at it when they're around my skill or lower and secondary him. Ugggggghhhh

I choke too much ;_;

Also, when two Wario bikes ram against eachother, which one falls over and why?

bassem6

Smash Lord
Okay, I seriously need to train the ditto. People are beating me at it when they're around my skill or lower and secondary him. Ugggggghhhh

I choke too much ;_;

Also, when two Wario bikes ram against eachother, which one falls over and why?
The wario with the better angle wins. If at the same angle, I would assume they would both knock each other off.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
The wario with the better angle wins. If at the same angle, I would assume they would both knock each other off.
From what I know we were both perfectly straight. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure. We were at different speeds, though.

What do you mean by "better angle" anyway?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Forbidden Technique can sometimes lose to it depending on where MK is.

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
how to play against ddd without getting mad and dont try to kill the ddd main?

Top Bottom