• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

| Big D |

Smash Master
What moves does wario have that can beat shuttle loop in the air?

and what aerials clank/beat glide attack?
I dunno about Shuttle loop, I've heard that waft does but I'm not sure.

As for the glide attack, most aerials trade but nair is your best bet. Clank with nair 1 and hit with nair 2. Or just clank with nair 2.

I have a question. What grab releases can we take advantage on the smashville platform?

I'm thinking if you face one way, you can GR, face the other way, you can dthrow chaingrab due to the moving platform into a GR.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I believe I've beaten shuttleloop with dair. Correct me if that's impossible. I hit the ending part of it, though.

Edit: You can also bite shuttleloop when facing him.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
;_______;

oh ya i have question
how do u ZONE with wario.. cus im used to using a sword and Im not sure wat to do with wario lol

bassem6

Smash Lord
So guys, since MC's mu guide is a little outdated.
Whats the best way to fight a campy-runaway toonlink?
A few things...

1) Catch on to his patterns for shooting arrows, throwing boomerangs and pulling out bombs and be in the right spot to punish when he does this. This means you have to be pretty close to him yet have enough skill to dodge all the crap he throws at you when he's not in range to get punished.

2) Pick a stage where it's easy to aircamp him/run away hard so that way you build up your fart and then fart on him.

3) If you get a stock lead, you can try to time him out.

4) He HAS to approach you in order to kill you. His kill moves are pretty predictable so bait them then punish.

5) I find it easy to deal extra damage to TL when hes off the stage/hanging on the ledge and then tries to get back on. If you stand at about f-tilt distance, there isnt much he can do to you whereas you can punish a lot of his get back on stage options.

6) Powershield and grab him when he zairs you.

7) Nair OOS is good and puts pressure on him.

8) You can guarantee a fart on him if you can screw with his recovery and grab the ledge while hes up-bing back to the stage. He will land on the stage and you can ledgehop>fart while hes suffering from the afterlag of his recovery.

bassem6

Smash Lord
usmash doesnt necessarily beat our dair but the timing is so weird you might as well call it random
If you hit with any one but the final hit of dair (since the final hit is trancendent priority), dair will always clank with olimar usmash and then beat it unless possibly if Olimar charges it or if dair is really stale
ah yes sorry. I usually get upsmashed out of shield after I dair so thats what I was thinking of.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
is driving the bike into the edge viable for edegaurding characters with linear upbs? ive been doing it to marths upb while messing around in training mode and i was just wondering if its actually useful before i waste my time practicing it

bassem6

Smash Lord
is driving the bike into the edge viable for edegaurding characters with linear upbs? ive been doing it to marths upb while messing around in training mode and i was just wondering if its actually useful before i waste my time practicing it
Hmmm. Thats an interesting idea. I never really tried it. I have biked toward people offstage but never toward the stage. Do marth and wario's bike trade hits if you wedge yourself in between marth and the ledge? This could be a viable gimp if it causes marth to get stage spiked or something.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
it stage spikes marth but its kinda hard to do, though it could be due to the fact i dont know the hitbox of the bike and the timing for it, someone more experienced with wario should check it out

Lord Chair

Smash Master
there are lots of situations against lots of characters in which you can trollgimp them with bike, timing is usually preposterously strict so i never try it because i want to focus on other things

Labernash

Smash Lord
What's the chance of F-Air causing a trip? Or does it not and the guy would have just tripped anyway?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It trips. Very low chance, low %/stale/weak hit based I'm pretty sure.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
What's the best way to deal with Snake's upsmash? Like when I'm on the ledge and he usmashes? I try to airdodge past it but I always get grabbed.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Depends on when he Usmashes. If he does it too early, you can choose a ledge option/fall off and regrab the edge. If he does it too late, you can either hit him while he lags or jump from the edge and move back.

If he times it well, then you can still drop off the edge and rise with invincible aerial/body to eat the hit.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
If I bike over it, he's more than likely going to chase me, if not DACUS and try to get me with another one. Some of the toughest Snakes I've played are really good at walling. Or in this case ceiling.

I guess I'll need to experiement a little though, because depending on invincibility to get passed it sounds pretty difficult. Practice makes perfect. Thanks.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
What is the best way to practice the chain grab on Donkey Kong? How far can you grab him till? Is there anything that Donkey Kong can do to break out of it.

Labernash

Smash Lord
What is the best way to practice the chain grab on Donkey Kong? How far can you grab him till? Is there anything that Donkey Kong can do to break out of it.
If you buffer it, he can only mash out of the grab, and goes from 0% - 100% A good way to train it is to set a CPU in training mode to jump and keep trying it. But that may hinder how long you can chain grab due to moves not getting stale in training mode. Not sure.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
If you buffer it, he can only mash out of the grab, and goes from 0% - 100% A good way to train it is to set a CPU in training mode to jump and keep trying it. But that may hinder how long you can chain grab due to moves not getting stale in training mode. Not sure.
So if Donkey Kong can side step the chain grab, does that mean I'm buffering it wrong?

Gichan

Smash Champion
I hate those cgs, I an never get them down. but I thought with Donkey Kong you can simply turn around and grab. Not the case?

Top Bottom