• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

bassem6

Smash Lord
Warios ground game against mk...
1) f-smash his nados. It's a lot easier to do this if you are constantly on guard and waiting for him to use it.

2)f tilt occasionally as a mix up when you think it will hit or when you think you won't get punished for using it.

3)shield grab shield grab shield grab. Probably the one thing you have on mk on the ground is grab range. Count his jumps, block his final dair then shield grab him. Throw him upwards and clap him to oblivion.

4)jab>f smash. It's a nice little kill setup sometimes that can kill them at relatively low % if they di it wrong.

And DMG basically listed all the moves not to use.

:phone:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well yeah. Dashing in and shielding is assuming you are doing it from a range. If you are close range and he's just done a fairly safe move, dashing in and shielding won't work unless you also suspect they will shield/spotdodge.

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
Warios ground game against mk...
1) f-smash his nados. It's a lot easier to do this if you are constantly on guard and waiting for him to use it.

2)f tilt occasionally as a mix up when you think it will hit or when you think you won't get punished for using it.

3)shield grab shield grab shield grab. Probably the one thing you have on mk on the ground is grab range. Count his jumps, block his final dair then shield grab him. Throw him upwards and clap him to oblivion.

4)jab>f smash. It's a nice little kill setup sometimes that can kill them at relatively low % if they di it wrong.

And DMG basically listed all the moves not to use.

:phone:

thx for the tips!

Gichan

Smash Champion
I got some questions.

1. What makes Wario such a hard MU for Pit?

2. Aside from cg, what makes Wario a hard MU for DK?

3. What's an effective tool Wario has vs Diddy? When he throws a naner at my shield and I try to jump and grab it I get punished with a fair.

4. How do I deal with chracters who have such fast rolls? Diddy, Pit, MK, Lucario, I can't seem to punish it.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I got some questions.

3. What's an effective tool Wario has vs Diddy? When he throws a naner at my shield and I try to jump and grab it I get punished with a fair.

4. How do I deal with chracters who have such fast rolls? Diddy, Pit, MK, Lucario, I can't seem to punish it.
Sorry gich. I got your pm and i'll pm you in depth about it. I've just been too busy to sit down and do it.

SAX

Smash Ace
I got some questions.

For diddy, if you keep getting nailed with fair in that situation, DONT go for the banana, then Uair when he fairs. It's all about mixing it up man.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Or just catch it by dodging lol. Or you could empty shorthop jump mindgame Fsmash which beats his Fair. OR you could cover your landings by pulling out your bike and VROOMING through his bananas like they were last week's lasagna pasta poo poo platter.

If you read a kill move correctly, you can kill your opponent with a waft. I personally think that is what makes Wario so awesome. Also if anyone rolls behind you, you should make them pay with a Nair combo into ______. Also tires are good for covering tech and roll options, really can get in people's heads if you play it right.

SAX

Smash Ace
Or just catch it by dodging lol. Or you could empty shorthop jump mindgame Fsmash which beats his Fair. OR you could cover your landings by pulling out your bike and VROOMING through his bananas like they were last week's lasagna pasta poo poo platter.

If you read a kill move correctly, you can kill your opponent with a waft. I personally think that is what makes Wario so awesome. Also if anyone rolls behind you, you should make them pay with a Nair combo into ______. Also tires are good for covering tech and roll options, really can get in people's heads if you play it right.
True facts ^^^

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4DOrgNbZyY
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I DIDNT KNOW WARIO COULD DO THIS
This is unbelievably good, I'm gonna keep trying to practice this technique. Already got the dthrow > uair > footstool > dthrow but the actual locking part is the troubling part. I think this might even be possible with the small tire.

This deserves its own technique name, it's a 0-Death! Personally I'd rather call it the restrained or the condemned technique. :awesome:

Any possible ways we could find getting the initial dthrow easier? It seems as if it'll transfer from "don't get grabbed" to "don't get tire thrown."

Gichan

Smash Champion
http://www.twitch.tv/eschamptv (Saturday, July 30th)

Hey guys, make sure to watch tomorrow, we got three Warios repping; Bassem, myself, and Phiddlesticks! Show your support homeboys.

P.S I posted this in Wario thread to, just in case some of you look there and not here, or vice versa.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Runs

Picks up bike

Falls off the edge from sliding

Labernash

Smash Lord
Guys is it okay to be an aggro Wario?
I think I may be too aggro at times.
It's not terrible, but it gets less and less effective as you start fighting better people. If you run in willy nilly, you get hurt. Bait a bad attack, once you see an opening, hit them only like three times then run away and do it again.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Holy **** i wanna know how the hell he SDId that usmash from GR to the ground and tech it.

It must be old news but can someone tell me how to do that? How do I SDI that usmash?

Lord Chair

Smash Master
No Marth would use usmash to kill with, fsmash does the job better.

Even utilt kills earlier when timed properly, plus it can actually be done even when, say, under the Smashville platform.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
QCDI aiming for down/down away is what it looks like. I saw mostly down and down away inputs.

Either way, it only worked because Leon hit with the sideways sending part of Usmash. The upwards sending part is much harder to SDI into the ground and tech, and doesn't work for as high % as you can do it to the sideways one.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Maaaan, ZSS is difficult to fight as Wario. any tips on that MU and any vids you guys can reference me (high level wario vs high level ZSS) aside from nickriddle vs slivik?

bassem6

Smash Lord
Maaaan, ZSS is difficult to fight as Wario. any tips on that MU and any vids you guys can reference me (high level wario vs high level ZSS) aside from nickriddle vs slivik?
This is my 2nd favorite MU after MK.

1) Hold or keep mashing shield if she starts her jab. It should block the last hit and give you a free throw.

2) Always be up in her face. This is one of my fav MU's because you get to play super aggro. This way she cant properly space her side b and it forces her to use bad options when shes on the ground. One of my favorite things to do is to airdodge right in front of her, shield, then spotdodge. If she grabs, she gets punished severely. If she jabs, you block the last hit and get a free throw.

3) Always try to be under her when possible. This forces her to airdodge or dair. Both are pretty punishable options.

4) Smart fart. Smart fart. Smart fart. I took nickriddles last stock at a fl tourny with a smart fart that killed him at 26% while he was dangling off the side of the stage...and it WASNT a stage spike (I dont think lol). Point is...shes really light so abuse that weakness.

5) Nair OOS is pretty solid and hard to punish and you should be using it often if you are in her face as point #2 suggests.

6) Dont be afraid to try to stage spike her while she dangles off the ledge. Most players just let them do this freely and for a few seconds but as wario, you can actually dair her if you can manage to wedge yourself between her as shes coming up and the ledge (she will start coming up and hit you on her way up leading into free damage or a stage spike).

7) Her killmoves are predictable. Side-b and bair are her reliable ones. You should be able to see these coming and live for a loooong time.

CP her to frigate or rainbow.

09 vid of of me vs snakeee. Game 3 his cp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wtje1CjcBc

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I would try to find me vs Shlike if it was recorded. THAT was a tough set, he played the MU close to perfect last time I played him which, was awhile ago but not a super long time ago like last year. I think it was Whobo or the SA tournament before that, idk. Either way, jesus that set was close. I was surprised he knew the MU very well, I was used to steamrolling over most ZSS players I had played prior to that, including him back in the day when he wasn't really known on any level.

Basically, her Side B isn't very good for the MU. There's not much point in throwing it out usually, she's better off trying to out position Wario and "naturally" try to outspace him. Side B takes SO long to finish, and the startup of the move gives it away since the hitbox takes too long to actually activate.

Her Utilt right after you hit her at low % is mad annoying. Catches you after most stuff. Bite I also think isn't that good for this MU because she doesn't spend much time shielding as her OOS game is pretty crappy besides Utilt.

Careful of Jab. She can trick you by doing Jab Jab, not finishing the third hit, and getting frame advantage on you if you lag behind in reaction and sit there in shield or try to shield grab. The last thing you want is to wait for that last jab to PS and punish, only to get Dsmashed instead and eat an ungodly amount of damage.

Dsmash is also very threatening. If you have to, let her use the move freely even if it means playing passively. You do not want to get hit by that at allllllllll

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
****** Falco out of his Phantasms: What's the best way to do it? Also if there a way I can use tires effectively to screw up his recovery?

bassem6

Smash Lord
****** Falco out of his Phantasms: What's the best way to do it? Also if there a way I can use tires effectively to screw up his recovery?
I like using uptilt. It will always beat phantasm if he goes into its hitbox and the hitbox lasts for a good amount of time. You can throw a tire at him before he zips at you (while hes in the startup frames of the phantasm) and it will drop him a bit vertically which may force him to firefalco and lead to a gimp opportunity.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
^^^^^^^^^ wise words Mr. Bassem.

I love how Glutonny baits Leon's Fairs and then comes in with an Uair. He really needs to work on his tire game though LOL! xD he's laggin in that part of the metagame!

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Point taken. I admit I didn't watch all the matches the first time I posted, looking now I am seeing some awesome tire stuff. There's always room for improvement though! Mixing in bites with tire hits on shield would be a great place to start.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Guys, can anyone explain how glutonny does that bike trick at 1:16?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coJzp9G67c8&feature=feedu

And it is, but you have to be able to read your opponent really well.
It looks to me like the bike was perfectly far enough on the edge where if he walked one stept further with the bike, that it'd instantly fall off and Wario drops it. Unfortunately this can't damage your opponent. >:l

SAX

Smash Ace
I 2-0ed florida's best zss in tourny last week. Hopefully the set is posted and I'll link it here.
I got 13th out of 40 something entrants. I lost to rob and falco.

Pwneroni, teach me the ways of fighting rob.

Gichan

Smash Champion
^

Bite, bite, bite LOL. And fart the upB, but you gotta bait a move first since they are looking out for your fart. So if they are coming below, faint a fart, they'll uair, and bam, fart that little lag. Don't be at the other side of the stage, just camp right outide their reach. Oh, and be careful of getting shieldgrabbed, or grabbed, close to the edge cause then they do their gay fair to fair wall and you lose.

Hardest part about ROB is platforms, and dash shield isn't that great since they have such a fast grab and a lot of frame traps. This is when the fairs come in handy, but you gotta be precise. Obvious other pointers is ****** them in the air, always uthrow unless close to the edge you throw them in that direction.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I 2-0ed florida's best zss in tourny last week. Hopefully the set is posted and I'll link it here.
I got 13th out of 40 something entrants. I lost to rob and falco.

Pwneroni, teach me the ways of fighting rob.
Pretty sure da riddler is better than the zero virus :troll:

It was a good set though. D couldn't handle so much gay in one match :scared:

I honestly was surprised u lost to a rob though lol.

Gichan

Smash Champion
How do I beat Luigi's down B? And what do I do when the Luigi's spacing is damn good and spams aerials so i can't get in?

Top Bottom