• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I have a question--If Dedede falls on us with B-Air, does Bite trade with it? I could see that being a relatively safe thing to throw out from a fullhop.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'd rather Fair poke during cooldown lag than attempt that. Or shield it and try to gain space.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Does anyone know the percentages where Jab1 starts comboing into things like grab and F-Smash?

I wanted to know that for personal use, as well as, have we explored the idea of Jab1 repeatedly on opponents? I wonder if it works anything like Falcon's or Link's, where it's not terribly uncommon to do it more than twice.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Jab1 lasts 22 frames. Hits on 8. Shield stun 9. Dunno when it combos, but buffering the next move works for me.

I've actually tested Jab stuff like that; Jab1 over and over. Easy to DI though. =/

bassem6

Smash Lord
Does anyone know the percentages where Jab1 starts comboing into things like grab and F-Smash?

I wanted to know that for personal use, as well as, have we explored the idea of Jab1 repeatedly on opponents? I wonder if it works anything like Falcon's or Link's, where it's not terribly uncommon to do it more than twice.
Jab>grab is low-mid %, I would say an average of anywhere from 15-25% on most non-super-floaty characters. Jab>f-smash is really dependant on the weight of your opponent. Like if its a heavy, usually around the 75-85% is when its nearly guaranteed (unless they see it coming and SDI). It doesnt work too well on floaties since the jab sends them too far.

I pulled these %'s out of my *** but they sound right to me.

As for jab>jab>etc. I could see it MAYBE two or three times on snake just because hes heavy and only has 1 extra jump. And I would guess it works when hes at like 80ish% or so. I dont think its a reliable combo by any means tho and jab>grab is probably better since it almost always works.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I mainly mention it as a means of refreshing moves, since Wario doesn't have a lot in the way of fixing that quickly, as well as giving you an option for a little extra pressure. I think it could see very sporadic use.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Jab > jab doesn't really work. It's probably guaranteed at certain percentages but the second jab will send your opponent too far to follow it up. Jab > grab > pummel > throw is 3+ unstales for more damage and reliability.

Jab > jab is super niche situational when like, you force a character to the ledge and he tries to jump back onstage after you hit him (being offstage) with a jab.

Jabbing a double jump in that situation practically guarantees a really fun situation you otherwise wouldn't be able to get with uh, other stuff.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
ok.. I have a question.
If I'm shielding next to a Snake, what do I do? he'll grab me, or wait out my spotdodge and grab me, or grab me out of my slow jump oos, or ftilt 1 my shield and ill try to nair oos but it's too short & then ftilt me again
fuuuuuuuu
I'm too used to being MK & broken out of shield & I need help with sexy Wario

BPx

Smash Lord
you can try jab, downtilt, grab, or bite as far as attacks go. rolling behind him will get you punished like 90% of the time, warios roll is really bad

Kaffei

Smash Hero
grab is feasible.. Snake's ftilt range is ******** though.. I guess it depends on spacing.
jab/dtilt/bite oos...??

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Why do ppl always say stuff like that.. "u shouldn't be in that situation in the 1st place"
Ill try jump

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
ok.. I have a question.
If I'm shielding next to a Snake, what do I do? he'll grab me, or wait out my spotdodge and grab me, or grab me out of my slow jump oos, or ftilt 1 my shield and ill try to nair oos but it's too short & then ftilt me again
fuuuuuuuu
I'm too used to being MK & broken out of shield & I need help with sexy Wario
This thread points out some of your options if snakes ftilts your sheild as well as other moves that could give you problems.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255258

It's a little old but I'm pretty sure the advise should be solid. As for the spot dodge thing you prob shouldn't run up to any character and just start spamming spot dodge. Instead shield grab (depending on the situation) and make sure you have the higher controller port.

Getting grabbed isn't the worst thing that can happen to you and it's not a big deal. The only time it plays a factor is when you within kill range. You're more than likely going to get grabbed especially if your not camping a lot. However, play to a way to limit when you get grabbed or where on the stage you get grabbed can make all the difference. You may want to learn to DI w/e their kill move is really well. With snake's utilt you should be able to DI a fresh one around 130%.

Why do ppl always say stuff like that.. "u shouldn't be in that situation in the 1st place"
Ill try jump
Depending on the Wario main though you won't get such advice.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Holy **** AL getting grabbed is, and I'll just turn this into one huge almost over-inflated exclamatio:

GETTING GRABBED BY SNAKE IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU IN THIS MATCHUP

Honestly, what else could possibly be as bad? ONLY BAD IN KILL RANGE, WHAT. REAL. DUDE. WHAT THE.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
i always take like 50000000000000000000000000000000 % when i get grabbed it's so gay

Lord Chair

Smash Master
AL IS RIGHT THO WHATS 9000% IN A MU WHERE YOU ONLY DIE AT 130

oh wait

THATS RIGHT 130 IS ACTUALLY REALLY LOW AND EVEN INACCURATE BECAUSE BAIR KILLS AT 120

srry sometimes i like to post in capitals it make everything so much more readable

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
AL IS RIGHT THO WHATS 9000% IN A MU WHERE YOU ONLY DIE AT 130

oh wait

THATS RIGHT 130 IS ACTUALLY REALLY LOW AND EVEN INACCURATE BECAUSE BAIR KILLS AT 120

srry sometimes i like to post in capitals it make everything so much more readable
He's either going to dthrow you or grab release you. None of it is world breaking. Sorry if I don't view getting grabbed to be the end of the world as other Wario's do. As for the caps I think your epenis grew an inch keep it up. Also plz note that I said utilt fresh kill at 130%. But if I consider the arguments that I use to have on this board about DI I'll just have to take your word for a fresh Bair killing at 120. So then at 120 avoid getting grabbed by snake.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
nvm im giving up on this and just post a wise beard man
congrats your epenis grew another inch...what are you like 12 years old ?

if you have a problem with what I say then say no pics no caps no **** talk. Let's discuss this **** like men ? Or is that too much for you ? Seriously check your ego it's not needed or wanted.

bassem6

Smash Lord
congrats your epenis grew another inch...what are you like 12 years old ?

if you have a problem with what I say then say no pics no caps no **** talk. Let's discuss this **** like men ? Or is that too much for you ? Seriously check your ego it's not needed or wanted.
You should chill too AL.

The two of you need to stop arguing about stupid stuff. If you both think youre 100% right about something then just agree to disagree. You can share your opinions but you cant force each other to change them.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
You should chill too AL.

The two of you need to stop arguing about stupid stuff. If you both think youre 100% right about something then just agree to disagree. You can share your opinions but you cant force each other to change them.
Im not even trying to start an argument though I think some people just take offense to me posting TBH. It's going to be what it's going tobe I guess.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
20k ad hominems surely don't invite to an argument.

Let's be frank, if I post something in all seriousness you won't bother replying because it makes sense. This is a situation I'm usually fairly happy with because your comments rare contribute to anything in a positive way.

If, however, I decide to put my thoughts into a more informal format, all I get is insults thrown at me about how big my ego is.

Allow me to put a few facts straight:

1. My ego is big enough as it is, it does not require further argumentation to remain fueled. Odds are big I'm looking down on you and I don't see any reason to change that as long as it doesn't start to be insulting.

2. Having the last word is obviously a great achievement. If you really want it, make it one that ends a discussion rather than having it be a compilation of different insults. Contrary to what you may think, it's not the way gentlemen would end a discussion.

3. As with my highly inflated ego, don't bother noting my severe pretentiousness. I'm fully aware of it and if it bothers you then well, I really do not care (yes, it really is your problem and not mine).

4. While your walls of negativity are dull and uninteresting to read, mine actually contain useful information and tend to be written with the goal of entertaining people rather than trashing them.

If you really want to continue discussing let's get on Skype sometime and yell the **** out of each other. At any case you're now ending up on my ignore list, buh-bye.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Fighting Snake means staying airborne most of the time. You will get SLAUGHTERED for most ground stuff besides grabbing and Fsmash. Don't bother doing much else on the ground unless you want to get Ftilted or Utilted or grabbed.

You also have to read his defensive options well if you want a good chance. Knowing when and where he will roll, when he will spotdodge/if he will with a grenade in hand, how he lands, etc. The biggest thing to abuse is that he's weak when airborne and you come at him from below or diagonally at him from the front. He doesn't have good answers to that besides trying to airdodge past or trying to Nair (diagonal/frontal answer).

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xpX4YxQBGk

Just throwing this out there. If you haven't seen it, how do you think it'll improve Wario's ability on PS1? If you have....... how are my editing skills? xD

Edit: They can get out at high %, but I don't quite yet know what % they can get out at.
That's pretty cool stuff there man. How much of the cast have you tested it on ? Can he land an fsmash or waft on anyone. What percentages do they pop up out.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
So far I tested it on MK/Snake. Both worked. It's so hard for me to actually get this CG because the fire stage doesn't last very long and cpus want to camp on the other side of the stage. :x

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
So far I tested it on MK/Snake. Both worked. It's so hard for me to actually get this CG because the fire stage doesn't last very long and cpus want to camp on the other side of the stage. :x
you don't have 2 controllers? just move them in place next time....

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
you don't have 2 controllers? just move them in place next time....
I won't be able to tell if they can escape or not. I suppose it'd be good for finding percents, however.

I just really hate how little time I have on the fire part of the stage to actually test it. I might get some more info on it later.

Top Bottom