• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridian City 9 - This weekend! HYPE!

Scott!

Smash Lord
Good show, everyone! It was my first, and I only won one round in loser's singles brackets and a game here or there, but it was still fun. :D

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
this tournament was great.
adhd- i hardly give you enough credit, but i've noticed how amazing you are now. good stuff today, that grand finals set was epic lol.
it came down to game 5 on delfino, my counterpick. in the first 10 seconds of the match i got forwardb spiked to footstool jumped at 0!!!!! -____-. i was soooo pissed loll. i tried to come back, i actually ended up getting him to 90%~ but he got the kill first =(. it was really fun though.
i had a great time playing everyone else too.
diem- stop sding XD
kelvin- i wish you weren't still mad when you played me. we would have had more fun.
D1- you mk is getting good :). you played too by the book in that mk ditto though IMO. go for more edgeguarding and learn how to counter his moves with other moves he has and you'll be great in it lol. i'm happy to see you place sooo high after saying you were quitting XD.
vex- nice GnW. i got ***** on rainbow cruise ..... this.... should not be happenenig......... >:O lol

Doom!- doubles was so fun. good job today, you were playing on point, we made it far and beat some great teams. we should team some more when we get the chance.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
With each tournament I start to place worst and worst. I'm getting bad at this game. Idk how long I can tolarate wasting money like this. I was terrible yesterday. I don't think I have what it takes to be a competitive gamer. I crack under pressure too much and it's now getting annoying. In friendlies I do this amazing **** with with Peach, no fear, just straigh hack people. In tournaments, I could do the same thing.....but I don't.

I think I might have to call it quits on tournaments. I just can't handle them. Only time I unleash how I could really play as Peach as in COT4, and I got screwed over in brackets when I should have OFFICIALLY made it in. Now I can't do it.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
lol bc of the friendlys before or just in general? ggs, i don't try to win in friendlys.
is this post adressed to me? if so, and you meant that i don't give you that much credit because of the friendlies, then no. i don't go all out in friendlies either... and i never use mk unless someone wants practice against him. i just meant in general i didn't notice how good you got.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
With each tournament I start to place worst and worst. I'm getting bad at this game. Idk how long I can tolarate wasting money like this. I was terrible yesterday. I don't think I have what it takes to be a competitive gamer. I crack under pressure too much and it's now getting annoying. In friendlies I do this amazing **** with with Peach, no fear, just straigh hack people. In tournaments, I could do the same thing.....but I don't.

I think I might have to call it quits on tournaments. I just can't handle them. Only time I unleash how I could really play as Peach as in COT4, and I got screwed over in brackets when I should have OFFICIALLY made it in. Now I can't do it.
Welcome to my world.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Partial doubles results:

1. Snakeee and dmbrandon (Zero Suit Samus/Zelda/Sheik and Superknight)
2. Inui and Atomsk (Snake/Metaknight and Dedede/Wario)
3. Doom and Shadow (Metaknight/Game & Watch and Metaknight/Zero Suit Samus)
4. ksizzle and Yes! (Metaknight and Snake)
5. R00kie and Umbra (Fox and Pit)
5. ADHD and Pierce7d (Diddy Kong and Marth)

Partial singles results:

1. ADHD (Diddy Kong)
2. Shadow (Metaknight)
3. Snakeee (Zero Suit Samus/Sheik/Zelda)
4. D1 (Falco/Metaknight)
5. NinjaLink (R.O.B.)
5. Rogue Pit (Pit)
7. ???
7. Wes (Sonic/Snake/Zero Suit Samus)

Fixed. I'm still not sure if ADHD and Pierce got 5th, but I'm going off what I hear. Pretty sure Atomsk got 9th.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I was fifth in teams (let's not talk about that, should've been at LEAST third) and 7th in singles.

I gotta step it up. I can do better than that.

EDIT: By the way, I lost my cell phone at this event. If anyone has it, I will merely assume you picked it up, intending to return it to me, and I might possibly pay for it's return. It's an old nokia flip phone, not even in good condition or worth anything. It's a yellowish silverly color, and I think I have a white background. Please PM me if you have it.

shurf

Smash Cadet
This looks like it ended A LOT earlier than the first one. GJ once again Cris and Alex on making it run smoothly. I would have loved to go to this.

I really wanna see the results too. :D

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'm a little disapointed at how the attempted recovery for my controller went Alex. The guy clearly stole and was ignorantly playing with my white controller at this tourney yesterday to the point I should of just took it out of his hands and he woulda said nothing. You said the controller should be sticky from the stickers ripped off it but clearly you can wash off the stickyness. It also had a rip on the cord that I had on my controller. I understand you like to be blunt and quick with things and that's how you get tourneys to run faster but if I knew you were going to say it was his controller so abrubtly without much questioning I would have done it myself.

In general, I just need to take better care of my stuff.

Fun tourney and I think I like Falco again so imma go back to it :p PT was very very fun though.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Everyone had a good time and the tournmanet ran a LOT faster than I thought I could really. I want to really thank everyone for helping and giving me the opportunity to give you another QUALITY Event :).

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I'm a little disapointed at how the attempted recovery for my controller went Alex. The guy clearly stole and was ignorantly playing with my white controller at this tourney yesterday to the point I should of just took it out of his hands and he woulda said nothing. You said the controller should be sticky from the stickers ripped off it but clearly you can wash off the stickyness. It also had a rip on the cord that I had on my controller. I understand you like to be blunt and quick with things and that's how you get tourneys to run faster but if I knew you were going to say it was his controller so abrubtly without much questioning I would have done it myself.

Fun tourney and I think I like Falco again so imma go back to it :p PT was very very fun though.
wow thats gay should of told me would of took it from him lol

CO18

Smash Hero
lol keitaro why didnt you just take it wth. If I knew someone stole my controller and they were using it in front of me pssshh

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439

wtf, you let some guy WALK out with your controller? You're bugging.

Also, I miss DM

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Keitaro, if you knew it was your controller why did you not confront him? Heck, if I knew someone took my controller and went out of his way to wash off the stickers I would have went up to him and been straightforward. That's your stuff man!

btw, I'm going to work on the next date for this. Prlly gonna be early April or mid April.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
i took keitaro's troller. nah i didnt but im sry that happened keitaro. i still love you though, as a friend ...maybe more :S

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Lol @ pierce. Yea you have told me or anti, i would have walked up to him said waz good. Pulled the plug out, tooked the controller out his hand and walked away.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
"xivk disguised"

oi, alex wants to know if someone left a wii at the venue? it was by inui's tv.

Edit : The wii is Japanese with a *** copy of brawl. The first name on the wii is KEIT

btw this helpful tip: watch your stuff or its asking to be taken. >_>

there be evil people around...

VaJaJ

Smash Cadet
For some reason this tournament was the most fun i had at one for as long as i can remember, GJ alex and crismas for running it so well.

lol at the failed crew battle between S.W.R and ToS after the tourney ended

Dotcom

Smash Lord

I'm sitting right there, proably the most, looud, and blunt smasher in the WORLD!
i'm really sorry about that though, do you remember what guy it was. I know i'd get into i a fight for you.

BTW Alex and everyone, i don't think i'll be going to the next one. I'm just a tad unhappy with a little bit of the seeding, but that does not influence my decision at all, because atm I don't really care how I do. but the crew at the store was very unprofessional and it made me upset. Hope I get to see more of you around, but it won't be at these.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I already complained myself about the jeff hardy look a like so I took care of those complaints.

For the most part I would do what people like and what people enjoy so if they want things changed tell me ahead of time ( like for example right now). If you come to me AFTER the fact its really not going to help and all I can do is prepare for next time. Most of the staff, rather the owners, seemed fine and the kids were just helping out. I'll take care of it like I took care of most situations, with care and planning. After that we can see about doing another event there which is going to be, for me , a big debate.

As far as the missing equipment thats something you all really have to learn and that is to watch everything. Its sad to say but people really need to learn to watch their own stuff.

BTW I found out the wii belongs to keitaro so uh...ya...you are VERY lucky I found the wii before anyone else bro.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
when the gf gets to my place maybe i will put them up XD. seriously though i will.

btw if ppl feel that strongly about things thats fine with me cause i like to work on things and such. all in all most responses were fine and @.com seeding was not an issue as inui helped do it with me and i trust him. I am sorry that you were not seeded as high as you think you should have been but I based it most on players results and skills. Inui is a player who does well , but I do not see your name in the middle of the pack usually .com so i had to seed you low. Rush was going to fought wes but I moved his in respect to his ability w/ diddy. Once that was done I started and kep going like always.

If people reallydo not want things here that is fine I will not try to sway you but I will say that a lot of things can be avoided if people stopped trying to deal with things on thier own. If people give you problems ( like staff) you tell ME or crismas. We will talk to them that is YOUR right as a player to have a secure enviroment. At the same time be responsible of your belongings

Top Bottom