• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridian City 9 - This weekend! HYPE!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
na $10 per team doubles is too good. im short on cash and that was one of the things that helped me decide to go. i mean, like im gonna win doubles anyway, so i guess more money would be cool, but u cant have ur cake and eat it too i guess lol

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I'm gonna **** in your cake chibo XDDD

but seriously everyone is gonna see my wario tomorrow, and by see i mean lose a match cause i went all wario then go all ddd in losers XD

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
I'm gonna **** in your cake chibo XDDD

but seriously everyone is gonna see my wario tomorrow, and by see i mean lose a match cause i went all wario then go all ddd in losers XD
why would you lower the chances of you doing well? you don't have confidence in your wario in singles.. so why would you make yourself lose and then play seriously in losers? weirdo :laugh:

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Cause i wanna get good with wario. I learned at the past tourny i'll do better with wario vs olimar XD

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
Cause i wanna get good with wario. I learned at the past tourny i'll do better with wario vs olimar XD
then why not just stick with all wario =/ ? you might as well. your wario is good though. i'm sure you can get far with him.. and if you play the whole tournament with him you'd get a lot of practice in :urg:

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I want to main him lol XD thats why I played him in tourny at the last one. He just isn't at the level as my DDD. DDD has become extremly boring to me, and I'd much rather just jump around and **** with the fat Garlic eating man XD

Dotcom

Smash Lord
I'm on the road to become the greatest master...

Anybody know when the next SOul Eater chapter is gonna be released. This one chap per month crap is annoying -_-.
Tomorrrow's gonna be fun.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
wowww, just noticed doubles is $5 per person... -_____- lame =/
wow wtf

That's terrible. Finally, FINALLY, I get to hit up something big without Mew2King, and now my pay gets cut in half. That fucking sucks, especially since my brother stole over $100 from me recently and I really need to make up for that.

I hope you make it $10 eventually and keep it that way. Doubles shouldn't be taken less seriously than singles.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
wario in singles is so not fun. every character just camps him...its incredibly boring. at least as sonic ppl approach SOMETIMES...or i can force an approach. with wario u just have to camp back and invite 7+ minute matches unless ur opponent doesnt wanna play gay...which in NJ they always want to play gay =(

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Bad news. For some reason my comp isnt letting me save videos. I'ma still record stuff tomorrow though. but if i can't upload them to youtube. you know why <_<

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
wow wtf

That's terrible. Finally, FINALLY, I get to hit up something big without Mew2King, and now my pay gets cut in half. That fucking sucks, especially since my brother stole over $100 from me recently and I really need to make up for that.

I hope you make it $10 eventually and keep it that way. Doubles shouldn't be taken less seriously than singles.
Complain about your pay after you win (lol).

Seriously though, I agree. Doubles should be 10$. It pays out more people, and takes more skill. Why should it be cheaper? Since you need a partner, people aren't just going to spontaneously enter because of a lower anyway. I would like to see doubles raised to $10.

Good luck tomorrow everyone. I'll be going.

yellowroy

Smash Ace
LOL, it would be the same doing $5 singles and $10 doubles... to help the ppl that don't have money... just because you don't take doubles as seriously as singles that doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.
What are you trying to say really? like $10 per team or $10 per person?

Anyway I don't really take teams serious.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Alex, I have a ride from someone for your tourny. Thanks for the help and offer anyway. But this ride I have is so much easier then if I was to get it from you. So it's all good. See you 2morrow.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Complain about your pay after you win (lol).

Seriously though, I agree. Doubles should be 10$. It pays out more people, and takes more skill. Why should it be cheaper? Since you need a partner, people aren't just going to spontaneously enter because of a lower anyway. I would like to see doubles raised to $10.

Good luck tomorrow everyone. I'll be going.
QFT

Except that first part! Atomsk and I got this! :)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I realize, my first brawl tournament was in N.J I have not played in a N.J tournament since May (think thats what that tournament was) A state of gay playing and high tiers. Man this is gonna suck for me. Oh well, just there to play.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Keitaro and Eazy will be here around 3:30 for singles.

Charizard said he's coming too along with his brother Squirtle and his cousin Ivy IVY!!

Snakeee

Smash Master
I'm hyped for this. If anyone wants to MM my Sheik, Zelda (or both), or ZSS let me know or come up to me at the tourney. GL everyone

EDIT: I'll do MM's with Marth too

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
LOL, it would be the same doing $5 singles and $10 doubles... to help the ppl that don't have money... just because you don't take doubles as seriously as singles that doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.
Shadow come on...seriously. I think everyone who enters takes something seriously enough to enter. Just because you're used to high payouts doesn't mean that everyone should expect that same. $5 per doubles team right now is fine for a MONTHLY tournament. It gives everyone a fair chance, and I realistically raised singles.

Also I don't know why everyone is complaining about the doubles price...seriously wtf everyone. It's rather annoying considering you all KNEW these were the prices last time. I should just friggin make the entry $20 for singles AND doubles and then raise the venue fee to $10.

I just think it's ******** that people are complaining a DAY before the tournament. Thanks all. I kept the price low to attract to those who may not have the money to enter as well.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
whoever pays money to sandbag shouldn't be playing in tourney. teams being cheaper is much nicer for me cuz i'm poor. stop b!tching guys.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I kept the price low to attract to those who may not have the money to enter as well.
I appreciate that :bee:. Don't get worked up over these people whining about it being too low. Inui used to have his tournaments have doubles at $5 then raised it, probably because he started making money. Good to know that someone cares about more than the top 3 people who come.

EDIT: Still can't come to this one though

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Thanks Spam!

And it's okay, I know you're gonna have a blast at revival. I'm looking forward to watching some livestream :D

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
lol poor cris having to host a brawl tourney on a huge melee day :( that really sucks :( i'll be bringing a full melee setup if it makes u feel any better xD

Top Bottom