• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
FYI everyone, Melee will still continue on, but Brawl will be introduced to the monthlies to bridge the gap between the two communities. How I'm going to structure this will require some thought.

Shoutout - To Sam, for winning his first tournament. It'd been 6 years in the making; too bad I had to help.

Edit - haha we are wannabe gangsta

http://www.flickr.com/photos/caotique/

tibs7

Smash Champion
this was a great tourny i loved it apart from dekar resting me twice in one match =( (it actually made me really angry lol)

5th, who woulda thought that a BRAWL player would do that well ey?

ps. cao is sick mad dog that needs to play more with me,and dekar to and forte and redcat and toshi and everyone else.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
ahaha I think T-Rex looks the most gangsta in that pic and I don't think he even realized..

edit: quick shoutouts

Earl pwned me :(

Vsing Mikul is the key to my improvement, he's the only person I play where I am forced to keep my character moving the whole match or I will get punished.

Dekar. Period.

Attila our Brawl matches are always fun, even if I only win about 5 out of 50 matches.

Tibz: wtf is it with me losing to all the new Brawl players in Melee...awesome Doc.

Tak we are a great team, we have made finals 4/5 times in a row now. Won just once but that's still an achievement.

Anyway yesterday was fun. I loved it.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Photographik diahorrea:

The guys that stayed behind late

The SF4 gang

Melee***s

Interesting wall

Some Brawltards to add to the mix <3

Front desk

hahaha SF4 Feri looks displeased

More SF4 (gawd that game is big)

Other games... like BB, SC4 and SF3TS...

Wayne losing

Tails

Meree

Madt dogs

Moar

Plasia

And a few extras on my Flickr site I linked on top of this page

---

Singles Results:
1. CAOTIC (Peach) $55.00
2. Dekar (Marth/Jiggs) $25.00
3. Mikul (Marth/Falcon) $10.00
4. Tak (Fox)
5. Tibs (Doc)
5. Atticus (Marth)
7. Forte (Marth)
7. Redcat (Falco)
9. Earl (Sheik)
9. Timic
9. Larry
9. Jei (Yoshi)
13. Attila
13. Toshi
13. Leisha
13. Splice
17. DJ Cat
17. Milun
17. Sam
17. Adam
17. Atlus
17. Afropony

Teams
1. CAOTIC + Sam (What the hell?)
2. Jei + Tak (JT)
3. Earl + Dekar (Pichu Parade)
4. Tibs + Attila (Team 7)
5. Forte + Redcat (K T Fingerboom)
5. Leisha + DJ Cat (Chu Dat Cat)
7. Timic + Milun (We'll decide later)
7. Mikul + Atlus (Falcon Puff)
9. Toshiba + Rob
9. Pyro + Autofix
9. Afropony + Splice

Thanks everybody for your support! ~

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
what a mess me+mikul=awesome fun combo ftw!!! cao you should flag urself mun for makin fun of me like that hahaha im missing my aviators

tibs7

Smash Champion
shoutouts =)

attila: l2play melee, you suck no offence.
caotic :madt dog, i loved the games we had, pity i can touch your peach =( and talk to me about flights already.
dekar: your a madt dog, killed me in melee aswell.
tak: i will beat your fox next time seriously i will just watch =)
redcat: thanks for the gg's even though sometimes you just kept walking up to me and ftilting lol.
earl: brawl represent ey good shiz.
leisha: good of you to come down and bring all that stuff. i wanna see some ID next time though seriously...18 no way.
jei: yeah gg's bro yoshi is confusing to verse with those jump cancels ughh annoying,,,,,
DJ cat: your a really good bloke thanks for coming down, hope to see more of you.
bryan: why werent you there i wanna own you soo hard 'cause you always call me crap mmmm next time!

*off to play melee* =)

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Cao: Good stuff on coming first. Come to StigmaB so I can take your badge =D No johns.
Rob: Awesome teammate and an epic kirby. You're coming to StigmaB, right?
Tibs: Nice work on your doc man. The ending to our epic match was a bit anticlimatic, my bad =) Next time, I'll be ready to take your doc and his god **** pills.
Earl: Dayum, your sheik is so pro now. Too bad I couldn't get a few friendlies with you. Some time soon?
Tak: Sif beat my falco with your fox and my fox with your falco. That was too good. I must learn from you.
Larry: Thanks for the friendlies. Make it to Stigma-B so we can play brawl!
Attila: Wha? Every time I look in your direction, you seem to be playing brawl. Good to see you owning with Ice Climbers.
Milun: Lol, we do too many random stuff.
Afropony: Lol at our team combos. We need to try the Wombo Combo sometime =P
DJ Cat: Woo, thanks for the friendlies. Good job with the N64. You are awesome.
Splice: Lol at our fake set match. Three byes? Can I have one?
Dekar: Teach me how to edgeguard like a pro please.
Forte: We need more friendlies!

I played horrible. I need more tech skill. Oh well, time to kill some of my tech skill. Brawl here I come!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Melee will still continue on, but Brawl will be introduced to the monthlies to bridge the gap between the two communities. How I'm going to structure this will require some thought.
yer that will be hard
unless say brawl was run earlier in the morning, but i assume cw can't get the venue earlier
one good thing was all the tvs, there were like 5 tvs just sitting on the floor, if there's that many tvs next time it would help to run both games

this was a great tourny i loved it apart from dekar resting me twice in one match =( (it actually made me really angry lol)
welcome to melee lololoooool
a general tip that i've prob said already and i remember shaz telling me back in the day is that rolling is usually a sign of fear or lack of confidence. become more confident and you automatically roll less. you roll too much and PING =)

Dekar: Teach me how to edgeguard like a pro please.
whereabouts do you live bro

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
More Photos

**** Tibz always having to pose.... and Attila lol =P

lol Sam, Congrats on your first tourney win :)

Rare sighting of Dekar =O

Captain Mikul

Attila

lolbrawl

SF4 Section

Now to my favorite photo....
THE FANTASTIC FOUR!!!! (Don't worry if you don't get this rofl)

shoutouts later on =)

LarryLD

Smash Cadet
Woo equal 9th, can't complain too much about that for a first time.

Cheers to everyone for being so friendly and thanks heaps for all the pointers from everyone.

Hope to see you guys in a couple of weeks

Dekar289

Smash Hero
see ya then, larry.
and remember, if you don't finish in the top ten, you are banned from all further events.

tibs7

Smash Champion
@larry: yeah come to more meets, your like the nicest person there we need more of them, there are to many dekars atm....

Splice

Smash Hero
Stigma-Hybrid is a great name.
Cant wait, im glad we'll still have Melee ^_^

Thanksh Cao!!!!!

Splice

Smash Hero
Stigma-H with Brawl and Melee ONCE A MONTH starting in September.

Stigma-B will continue to run as usual however it might have a TO or Name change or something next year... ?

Both will run, so two brawl tourneys a month + 1 melee.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Stigma-H with Brawl and Melee ONCE A MONTH starting in September.

Stigma-B will continue to run as usual however it might have a TO or Name change or something next year... ?

Both will run, so two brawl tourneys a month + 1 melee.
Screw that, X and I came up with the name so someone else other than us will have to change it to something more original.
Besides, the only reason I decided to start running Brawl tournaments was because I was helping CAO out. It was too difficult for one guy to run both games on the same day and he was about to drop Brawl and just run Melee.

If Brawl is going to start happening with CW again I'm happy to finish off this year and give it back to CAO. I'm sure being a daddy will prevent me from being dedicated to smash anyways. I'll also gladly help with this hybrid tourney idea as much as I can.

edit: this is all refering to next year btw.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, just been reading up on the last tourney. Sounds like it went well. Believe it or not, I was actually planning on going to Collingwood to surprise you guys, but my car conked out the day before... When is the next meet and stuff? I gotta keep my promise to cobalt, I said I'd see him again before I died...and I'm not getting any younger! I don't think I can get back into smash, although I'm happy to play some games, but maybe we can catchup once more.

Do u guys wanna organise something or what? movie in city? house? Let me know!

P.S. Dekar, movies of your ownage in Adelaide are all gone! Crashed with my old pc... Don't worry, I remember how awesome those vids were, I can recount them at anyone's request.

_X_

Smash Lord
hey Guys, Just Been Reading Up On The Last Tourney. Sounds Like It Went Well. Believe It Or Not, I Was Actually Planning On Going To Collingwood To Surprise You Guys, But My Car Conked Out The Day Before... When Is The Next Meet And Stuff? I Gotta Keep My Promise To Cobalt, I Said I'd See Him Again Before I Died...and I'm Not Getting Any Younger! I Don't Think I Can Get Back Into Smash, Although I'm Happy To Play Some Games, But Maybe We Can Catchup Once More.

Do U Guys Wanna Organise Something Or What? Movie In City? House? Let Me Know!

P.s. Dekar, Movies Of Your Ownage In Adelaide Are All Gone! Crashed With My Old Pc... Don't Worry, I Remember How Awesome Those Vids Were, I Can Recount Them At Anyone's Request.
Freddo!!!!!!!!!!

I Promised Myself I Wouldn't Cry!!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
hey Guys, Just Been Reading Up On The Last Tourney. Sounds Like It Went Well. Believe It Or Not, I Was Actually Planning On Going To Collingwood To Surprise You Guys, But My Car Conked Out The Day Before... When Is The Next Meet And Stuff? I Gotta Keep My Promise To Cobalt, I Said I'd See Him Again Before I Died...and I'm Not Getting Any Younger! I Don't Think I Can Get Back Into Smash, Although I'm Happy To Play Some Games, But Maybe We Can Catchup Once More.

Do U Guys Wanna Organise Something Or What? Movie In City? House? Let Me Know!

P.s. Dekar, Movies Of Your Ownage In Adelaide Are All Gone! Crashed With My Old Pc... Don't Worry, I Remember How Awesome Those Vids Were, I Can Recount Them At Anyone's Request.
Man I Missed You Mew2ki- I Mean Frodo

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
If Brawl is going to start happening with CW again I'm happy to finish off this year and give it back to CAO. I'm sure being a daddy will prevent me from being dedicated to smash anyways. I'll also gladly help with this hybrid tourney idea as much as I can.

edit: this is all refering to next year btw.[/COLOR]
:o

Congrats!

Freddo: We've requested Saturday the 5th. We should know soon.

Tak:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCBnhPxo8UU&feature=PlayList&p=1373DCB8C44490CC&index=0&playnext=1

Help me out with the players in the doubles from last month. The first is the final match from the semi final, the last set of 7 are the grand final. Just need the names and what player number they are.

We're currently getting last weekends vids organised.

kupo

Smash Lord
Mad airs and a niiiice finish. Grats on beasting at the end!

Poor Atticus. What happened to all that training!? ~_~

/Wave Freddo. Good to hear you're doing well!

I promise to be good and rock up to the next monthly. Been busy! :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom