• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Kit from Sydney knows of this Girl and I'm supposed to say hi to her. Hi.

There's hella N2C meet on Thursday! Go thar!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
i dont want to pay money for a meet
heaps keen to have the n2c meet at someones joint instead lol

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
How was last month's Brawl+ Tournament?
Plasia said there was a lot of interest for it last monthly. That's a pretty vague response though! I'm looking forward to trying the game in a competitive light, even if I prefer normal Brawl at this point.
I'll be a bit more specific :)

I brought Brawl+ and it had a crowd most of the time. Was more popular than melee :) It was only my setup so there was no tournament, but it was in use for casuals all day with crowds and all.

If we have enough Brawl+ setups I'll be happy to run it. My only requirement is if you play on my Wii, that you save the match replay so that I can upload some vids and that all the brawl+'s are running the 4.1 Official Set.

Since some stages are different and there's no DDD infinite bs (amongst other things) the ruleset will be different than normal brawl. I'll work it out before the day :)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
If you're going to be the TO, Plasia, I recommend getting up earlier on the day and practicing your chords of steel.

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
anyone got sum goodies to bring wif dem? i got box of shapes or potato chips and all we need after that is an escy and a 24 pack of coke/sprite ect.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Mt. Buller Victorian Snowboarding/Ski Daytripper
Friday August 21

The plan is to leave on the crack of dawn to make the most of the day trip. We have one vehicle but we will need another vehicle or driver! If it comes down to it, we’ll use Ashley’s SUV but be mindful it’s nice to spread the driving burden, especially after hitting the slopes – it’s tiring.

This was initially a BRoomer shindig, now open to everyone! Contact me for more details to co-ordinate the trip.

CAOTIC
Thundermistress
Blazey
Nathalie
Ben
Attila
Devil

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZBImJv8HbQ&fmt=22

Yes there are some Roys in that vid, they are developing him :D :) :D

Timic if someone brings their laptop with a SD card reader and lets me use it, I can copy my SD card to yours. However your best option in the long term would be to get your own SD card reader/writer so you can keep up to date without assistance.

edit: Sorry Timic I just realised that I use US NTSC Brawl so the codeset on my SD card is probably useless to you.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Due to improvement works at Springvale Road, buses will replace trains between Blackburn and Ringwood stations from 11:50pm on Friday 7 August until the last service on Sunday, 9 August 2009.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Just a reminder that cw is tommorrow. Please bring Wiis with Brawl+ 4.1. I'm guessing I'll start the tournament around 2:30, halfway through the melee.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Please bring Cube/Wii + the games. TVs too

New venue in Collingwood, don't forget!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
lololololol

melee is such a lol game. who the hell rigged the brackets? redcat first round then forte? wth...

and brawl+... we turned it off after less than 30 seconds (just enough time for me to 3 stock some noob) and played regular brawl instead. lots of 0 to death today haha good job to jei for keeping me company and taking abuse in such good humour!

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Much love to Cao, Dekar, Jei, Atticus, Redact, Tak and DJ Cat for all the fun matches we had. I'm so glad I was there today. And hi LeishaChu, you got a Yoshi vs DK mini. xD

earla

Smash Lord
THIS IS A POST FROM SPLICE.

Shoutouts:

Afropony : today was fun eh? Pity you couldn’t stay for the actual tourney.
Millun : So you thought you could get your revenge against me for that 3-stock in Brawl crews by beating me in Melee? Well it wasn’t successful =P GG
Timic : Turns out Button Mashing isn’t really that effective in Soul Caliber 4.

Earl: Your Awesome. sheik rep! Thanks for meeting with me and Afro and Flinders Station.
Jei: So close to beating You!!! I had the lead til the end. Next time… GG
Leisha: You went to crazy this time. You overdid the lollies and got yourself a headache. Nice one.
Redact: Thankyou for teaching me some sheik stuff. =)

Tak: Thanks for offering to teach me sheik stuff and then having a Tournament match and getting Redact to do it. =)
Dekar: Button mashing in SF3 was very fun ^_^ You’ll come to Brawl Tourneys again now yeah?
Atlas: The friendlies were fun. GG. also - nice hat.
Cao: You’re an awesome TO. Thankyou, it was a great day.
I went a lot better than I thought I would with my Sheik.
Melee is an awesome game, I’m gonna start playing it more often now.

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
shoutouts!!!

larry: lots of fun matches, thanks
whoever brang the n64 and games: thank you, pokemon puzzle leauge is great and needs tournies, misty is god tier
cao: thanks for running it, i was honored to even get you down to 1 stock
noob that kept playing gill: **** you
milun: still needs to shut up
splice: yeah yeah your better at brawl
everyone else: good times

no mo melee till rocky, but i hope i see you at stigmab in 2 weeks! :D

(wtf, virtua fighter 5 tourney never happened?)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
results

teams
1st - cao and SAM
2nd - tak and jei
3rd - dekar and earl

singles
1st - cao
2nd - dekar
3rd - mikul
4th - tak
5th - atticus, tibs

shoutouts some other time

yeh splice i'll be at the brawl monthly, heard this was the last melee monthly anyway =(

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Brawl+ got the opposite reaction this month than it did last month. Odd.

I wont be bringing my TV and Wii to future cw so people can play that trippy yawnarama vanilla brawl, the TV will probably go back to SF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom