• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 3 Stock'd ~ Melbourne 2010 ~ Nope

Splice

Smash Hero
cos not enough people are coming to the tourney, so some of the money from the pot goes to pay for they venue
It makes me so happy when I make silly posts when I get replies like this :)

They brighten my day. Just a little bit. :)

Ed: Coz it's so cuted you know?

Splice

Smash Hero
Yep. :p

But Dekar is a SMASH CHAMPION so you had best listen to him and bring your $250 yeah?

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
I may be able to come. I'd bring my Wii, but it's not playing Super Smash Brothers Brawl for some reason, even though the CD isn't scratched or anything.

It wouldn't play it before as well, but before I could just keep taking it out and putting it back in and it would eventually make this awful noise and start working, and the noise would die down after a couple hours (or I just got used to it).

I think I need to get it repaired.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so, someone that looks exactly like leisha just came in and got a pass off me at work.
small world

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Leisha is gonna be beepin everyone up!

beeeeeeeeeeeep

We need as many people to be TVs and Wiis as possible.
That would be so intense.
"We're out of Wiis, man!"
"Umm...become one!"

<justtrollin3

gl pplz

ViVa

Smash Ace
1st Tibs (Diddy Kong)
2nd Toshi (Diddy Kong/Wario)
3rd Splice (Game and Watch)
4th ViVa (Mario)
5th Ledge (Meta Knight)
5th C~Dog (Kirby)

That's all I can remember.

earla

Smash Lord
looked like aprox. 20 people.

fantastic tournament, good music, vibe.

props to vermy + conor.

thanks for the games.

is the july 3rd 3 stock'd going ahead?

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
kool tourny bro

jiggs: may start to play as you against fox, dunno if shes good against peach...
jei: soz i forgot to pay u D: will try remember nexst time. your yoshi is legendary, makes me feel like **** losing to him
toshi: you almost got pwned by me mwahaha... shoulda used the lava dthrow combo in the brinstar match

good friendlies with all, I LIKE ALL 8 CHARACTERS LOL but ill stick with ics for the ice ice baby C:

earla

Smash Lord
low tier crews/low tier at start of day = good way to get people there on time.

gratz tibz, toshi, splice.

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
I had heaps of fun and did as well as I thought I might. Which wasn't very well, but meh.

Low Tier crews were fun, Doubles were fun too (sorry Joey ><). Singles were good, except ViVa is too good, sorry for going metaknight T_T. Toshi was awesome as well, at least I lost to the person who came second, so I don't feel as bad.

Fun talking to everybody, shoutouts later I guess.

ViVa

Smash Ace
Shoutouts, If I forgot you, sorry.
T.O's: Great Tourney guys. :D
Conor: Adventure Time was epic win. :laugh:
Jei: GG in low tier crews.
Abhi: GGs, sorry about my unnecessary complaining about Mk being broken. xD
Splice: You beat me this time, next I'll be less bad and make the set more intense like that other one. Grats on 3rd.
Dekar: GG.
Ledge: GGs except for FriGAY Orpheon.
Toshi: I wish I played like I did in the 1st match in the 2nd and 3rd. Grats on 2nd. Also GG in low tier crews. Teams was good too. :)
Leisha: Lol at us showing each other the epic Frigate orpheon wins we had :chuckle:.
VERMY: First of all, I'll talk about the good stuff :p. GGs in low tier crews, get caped. Thanks for the mario tattoo, it's epic smex. Okay now the other thing... I HATE YOU FOR LOCKING ME OUT OF THE ROOM AND NOT LETTING ME BACK IN AND MOCKING ME THROUGH THE WINDOWS, FUUUUUUUU :mad::mad::mad: <3.

See you all next weekend!
I'm gonna get you Vermy >:3

Vermy

Smash Champion
Tournament was sh**. Thanks for those who came, f*** you if you didn't. Except CAO, he has a legitimate excuse. Highlight of my day was drawing on my arm, enough said. Actually, there was one other thing that was quite fun....
@Viva: HELLOOOOOOOO!!!!!
@Leisha: Conor and I found one as we were packing it up, Conor has it atm.

earla

Smash Lord
what was wrong with the tourney? was awesome up to when i was there? did something go wrong?

confirmed list for satday:

me
vermy
conor
viva
leisha

low tier, brawl singles, brawl doubles?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Is this for next saturday im assuming?

Well yeah, will most likely be there as usual.

Ill do some quick shoutouts

Vermy: was lots of funs teaming with ya =). We still did alright in teams even if it was for lulz =P. Thank you for the rob drawing <33

Conor: we are the best melee team Eva xD we actually didnt do too bad. Next time, I need to grab adventure time from you. lulul

Viva: Frigate is our wubs stage <3 We are just too amazing on it. hahah, Also I copied your Metabourne location because its true >=o.

Tibs: I will beat you one day >=o. Just you watch out (banana haxor) =P

Dekar: you were soo mean in melee, Killing me within the first 3 seconds of the match. =P Stop beating me in brawl T_T

Splice/Billy: Good to see you again, =) Hadn't seen you in like forever D: Try to pop in more when you can. Good work on 3rd too. ^-^

Ledge: Sorry to see you get gayed on frigate =< I hope huggles cheered you up. Dw, you can pwn hard next Saturday =3. Our friendlies are always hilarious too xD

Abhi: I had fun with the friendlies, You ***** me in low tier crews because I fail soo hard with low tier :p. Keep the lucas rep up. He has potential <3

The New guy(forgot the name sorry): Hope you come again to the tournaments =), You could do quite well after a tourney or two.

Nicks: Sorry for knocking you out dude :< Frigate is soo dumb, lol. But yeah I probably did alot better since I've actually been practicing alot ^-^.

Jei: Was nice talking to you todays =3 you should soo make a custom basket ball top with a yoshi <3 would be amazing.

Eric: Sorry I failed you and went bad ;_;. I'll try **** next saturday =D

Redact: Thanks soo much for all the subway cookies! ^w^

I'll fill in more later, just gotta go do stuff

Sorry if I missed anyone, you can attack me if i did. xD just soo tired right now.

Have a pretty picture

Splice

Smash Hero
Hi Conor and Vermy.
I am very grateful you hosted another tournament due to public demand despite the already planned schedules, I think it was very good of you to do so, and I am very lucky that you tried to do something for the smash scene, because even if it didn't end up being as successful as you may have expected from the demand, it's almost certainly the last tourney I can attend til September. Small chance I can come in April but as it is I am busy that day. So, personally, thankyou very much.

SHOUTOUTS:

Toshiba: I personally think you won yesterday overall, because as I see it, averaging out how good you are at Melee and Brawl, you are overall the best Melbourne smasher, coz you **** both at high levels. It was good to chat to you a bit, and your Diddy is so different to Tibs I'm studying a completely different playstyle.

Tibs: Jigglypuff for you from now on :D It's so much more fun! Sorry if I may have dissapointed you but I wasn't really trying to learn anything in the matches.

Viva: Don't be so hard on yourself when you lose a match man. It's a very bad habit and doesn't help you get better. Just evaluate what you did wrong when you lose/stuff up, and work out how to get around it. Getting progressively sadder as you make mistakes in a match will only make you make more. Although you do still play alright from what i see so idk. Sorry I helped Vermy lock you out, but he was just having too much fun. His shiny, gleaming eyes were so energetic and static with sadistic glee that I couldn't help but join in.

Gazza: In my opinion, Leisha(I think i was your wii Leish?) should upload that video of you against Viva on youtube. You deserved it anyway, for picking Frigate Orpheon. You weren't gonna play Tibs again even if you won, coz Toshi's Diddy is too good and different to Tibs. Thanks for letting me stay over, pity we didn't have a sensor bar and therefore didn't practice at all. WC3 was kinda fun lol.

Dekar: There was really no point in me "almost winning" against Tak when you didn't even watch QQ. Aww well, I hope there are some more Melee meets now coz I want to get better >=3

Tak: Intense set. Well, you may have been coasting it, but for me it felt pretty intense. The 2nd match was a bad match though xD Thanks for the games.

Unlucky: Good Games! Yoshi was tough to be honest, I was quite lucky every time I got Fair spiked i still managed to be close enough to the stage to land on it. You should develop a strategy around using Ganons Utilt to lure Jigglypuffs rest, it seemed pretty effective against me! xP

Redact: Thankyou for tasty Cookie! You need to teach me how to use GaWs Dtilt in midair in Melee, that'd be pretty helpful...

Leisha: Good games, they were pretty fun! Don't worry if people say you're ROB is 'gay' coz he is a high tier... because ROB kinda isn't a high tier lol. Use Jiggs in low tier next time X/ Crowds of people can be quite intimidating i guess.

Jei: I'm happy to see you still go to tournaments frequently, at the start of the year I thought you'd be a rarity! Jiggs ditto in Crews was fun, we should do it again some time with equal stock :D MM maybe? :p

Joey: Was good to see you again! I didn't even realise you went to soccer during the tournament O_o. Nice long chats about smashboards crap and money-stuff and whatever, always good :)

Khoa: Was especially good to see you again too! I'm so happy you are on top of Uni again :) That's really good. I hope you come to September tournament and ROBOCOP, hopefully we catch up again soon :) I can't believe you don't like Pita bread.

Collective Khoa and Joey: Eating out with you two at Lentil as Anything was the highlight of the tournament, and that's no insult to the tournament o'course ^_^

Dylan and co. : You seemed to know a decent amount about the game for newcomers! I hope you come again, you should get good real fast! I would like to play you sometime Dylan.

Timic: Thanks for the lift and friendlies :) You like a lot of games that suck =D

Abhi: I enjoy your company :) Your Lucas is really good, you should use more Metaknight though coz you could quite easily get on the PR with him. I'm not joking, either. You should've taken the oppurtunity to get your free water whilst it was raining.

Nicks: Good to see you, but pity I didn't get to play you in doubles. And not very much in singles. But still good to see you still have an interest for both games :)

Earl: Glad we got some friendlies in, we need to have a real good session sometime though. I don't know what your reason for disliking Metaknight a little now is, I wouldn't be surprised if it was because of the whining that comes from the crappier half of the scene + Tibs, but, I personally really miss playing you Metaknight. One of my favourite leisures, it was :p GG's, pity you had to leave early but I suppose the babysitting was good yeah? xP

Conor: You ran a strict tournament where it was a little unneccessary due to how much time we had and how few people we had. You should have stopped to smell the flowers a little more I guess, but you were probably too pissed coz of the scenario laid before you ^^; I think you did well... At least you covered venue fee, you didn't lose anything from the tournament... ...afaik.

Vermy: If I ever get a tattoo, you are going to design it for me :p Next time I go to a tournament without Afropony, and someone as amazing as Tibs isn't available, I may team with you... It's a pity you are losing interest in the game. I'm glad you had an amazing time playing Game-and-Watch-style-VERMIN with Viva, where you were the Vermin... or Vermy, as it seems. :p ... ... I feel like Joey now. :(

Mikul: When I was looking for random Melee players to ask for friendlies, I always saw you and decided against it xD Even Dekar gives me a little more control than your Falcon. I'm not good enough to avoid the knees. They never stopped last time I played you, at Taks ><;

Singles: Pretty fun. I hope I can get through using not-GaW next time. I don't enjoy him anymore I play him only to win it's so... addictive ><

Doubles: Without playing Tibs and Attila, and Wario-MK-style Earl and Nicks, doubles is pretty much a cruise. I would like to see more good teams develop :) Conor and Ledge are on their way though, and Jei and Dekar are still pretty gewd. But no buckets from you guys is just unnacceptable :p

I enjoyed the tournament/very big meet. I am glad it happened and I think it did make some of the people who came a fair bit happier. :) Especially me. Hopefully I get a few meets in before September. And hopefully Toshi dominates both PR's EVEN MORE by then as well :p

~Billy

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
lolshoutouts. I think I talked to pretty much everyone there except the Melee guys (minus the guy who used Yoshi) and Tibs, Earl, Nix and the young child+guy with crazy hair.

Joey: SORRY. Melee Doubles was cool, I guess..Brawl Doubles was terrible, but hey, we still beat Vermy's team (was it Vermy and Leisha?), right? Friendlies was always fun.

Khoa: Didn't get to talk to you much, but whenever we friendly I always feel like I learn something new or I get better somehow. Plus you're an incredibly nice person, fun stuff.

Splice: Nice hanging around with you. I don't really want to go metaknight because everyone plays metaknight (hurr trying to be different, I know; but still e.e). I might do pikachu, but he's got quite a steep learning curve so w/e. I'll try and keep Lucas up for low tier stuff though. I guess we'll just see ;o

Ledge: Great friendlies. Your metaknight and snake are too good .-. I haven't really spoken to you before, so it was fun.

Leisha: Again, awesome friendlies. You shoulda gone Jigglypuff D: You would have taken a couple stocks at least. It's okay though, just blame your crew. Fun friendlies too. You were awesome yesterday, managed to beat nix and almost beat Tibs o.o; I gotta get some codeine next time.

Toshi: You suck ): Bah I came kind of close with diddy (well I didn't get completely ***** anyway) but your wario e.e Oh well, great talking to you and we managed to get in some friendlies as well I think.

Tak: Your falco is way better than your marth. At least I think you used falco to absolutely **** me in the first match, but then I picked rainbow cruise as kirby so yeah. And yeah. Nice talking to you, and you've got awesome hair.

ViVa: Baah mario. I should probably go learn that matchup seeing as you just wipe the floor with me every single time (loljohns, I know). Sorry for going MK against you. Also you really need a secondary for MK or something ><

Connor+Vermy: Great tourney, even though there wasn't many people, it was still awesome because I got to talk to people I normally don't talk to. I'll get my wii repaired or something, I feel bad not bringing a Wii or helping out.

I think that's everyone, I've probably missed out on someone that I'll mention later I guess.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
sorry guys, i did intend to come to singles, but it was starting while i was still at work (outside, in the rain, sigh). if it started at 5, i would've come. gj toshi.

Top Bottom