• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 3 Stock'd ~ Melbourne 2010 ~ Nope

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Can you register Bryan and myself Redact? That'll be awesome
cant register other people for themselves sorry

http://www.respawn.com.au/?page=events&event=22

just login/make an account then go there and enter

if you dont bring a computer it doesnt matter how many players there are there, thats just computer spots, if you enter as a spectator you can still play smash with us as much as you want, and i can download stuff for you if you bring a portable hdd (8

otherwise talk to me on msn or something :O can sort things out there

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
july 3 is a terrible beyond terrible date, if things are happening related to melee on july 3, dont expect me, atticus, dekar or tak, weve all regestered for respawn which is on 3rd and 4th of july

i heard from someone that tourneys were being organized to not clash with respawn

you were wrong

ill also use this as a way to invite anywho who wants to come to respawn and play some smash with us, and other ghetto computer games/leech large amounts of everything
We have a list of tentatively held dates for the Rosina for the remainder of the year, which was set up last year - July 3 being one of them. This doesn't mean the date is confirmed until we ask for invoicing, so I'll ask the others CW guys to look at alternative dates for the July Monthly.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
how bout we have the tourney june 27th instead???

its sooner than july and its a sunday which is what we voted for!!!
Waiting for Conor to contact the Convent for availabilities. The Rosina is fully or partially booked for the rest of 2010, so the smaller rooms are an option so long as they are affordable.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Sorry guys someone else will have to run Melee, I can't stay the entire time I was just planning on leaving once I get kicked out of bracket.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Well with Redact, Dekar, Tak and Atticus gone I will surely place the highest I have ever placed in a Melee tournament <3

Cao and Toshi for finals though.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
I thought there were going to try run them at a school, which would probably be a cheap venue.

go attila go.
i never looked into it, although im pretty sure it would be possible (we've rented the room on a number of occasions for parties). melbourne really couldnt support to sets of tournies, and quite frankly, my plate is rather full these days :(

Dekar289

Smash Hero
no cao or em either jei
will be a very good monthly for spectators... someone bring a recording setup and record all matches from semi winners/losers onwards kthx

Dekar289

Smash Hero
nintendo are having a connecton tour that weekend too, so if date doesnt change for this that means

respawn, connection tour and monthly all on same weekend
take ur pick

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Okay I talked to Naomi, and the Rosina is booked on Sunday, but on Saturday 26th June it is avaliable from 9am-10pm. I put it down for a tentative booking, what do you guys think of that date?

Note: I asked about other rooms, but the Rosina is the cheapest available.

ViVa

Smash Ace
Okay I talked to Naomi, and the Rosina is booked on Sunday, but on Saturday 26th June it is avaliable from 9am-10pm. I put it down for a tentative booking, what do you guys think of that date?

Looks like a good date, nice job conor. :)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
90% of people can only make sundays or it's better for them because they don't have to try to get off saturday work
bl attilar

sounds good cdawg

earla

Smash Lord
melbourne used to handle 2 tournaments a month? cw's + stigma. what has changed, im curious?

good work conor.

Attila_

BRoomer
melbourne used to handle 2 tournaments a month? cw's + stigma. what has changed, im curious?
we used to have double the amount of active players. check tourney attendance if you want confirmation. our scene is a skeleton of its former self.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer

good work conor.
I can go over it personally for you if you like. I've answered this question enough times already.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Update:

Quote from Loki:
Hmm, must have been a cancellation for that date recently. But there's a few problems I can see with the date.
- I'm working, and won't be able to get out of it at this short notice, so I won't be there.
- It's 7 days away, that's pretty short notice for anyone, and will probably mean that Bata and Zan won't be able to make it either unless their workplaces are more forgiving

As I mentioned unfortunately dates are pretty hard to change consistently, which was exactly what I was trying to do when I went earlier in the year before more bookings were in, and it was basically unchangeable at that point, I doubt we could do much better now. I'm not sure what's wrong with the weekends they're on generally anyway, it's really only this month that it's been an issue
Also if we changed the next month's date to match it'd be the weekend of AVCon, which means almost all of the organisers will be away.

If July 3rd is really undoable though, you're welcome to split the event so long as hire costs can be covered by attendance, non Smash attendance can cover the July 3rd date easily.

So what this comes down to is, that if Conor books for this Saturday, will there be enough attendance to justify the cost in hiring it? Also consider it's only 1 week you've got to get people to attend. If you think this can be done Conor, go for it --

Keep posting, and I'll reply from New York to advise on managing finances & logistical stuff.

Note - we should still have 10-11 TVs stored at the back in the Rosina.

Aggromidget

Smash Apprentice

i'd love to go then. is there melee? i can play brawl, but with less proficiency.
This will be my first (semi) tournament, so i'd appreciate any help i can get (including getting there)

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Assuming that we can get the venue for longer than usual, the extra time can be allocated to Melee singles.

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
hey conor i need to know asap if the 26th is going ahead or not coz i have to let work know if im not working by monday at the latest!
thanks

Attila_

BRoomer
if its the 26th, tibor will need to borrow a doubles partner. although if its the 3rd, im pretty sure id be able to be there all day...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
An update on this, the June 26th booking is likely to be confirmed and processed, so it's looking like it will go ahead. However, I don't expect the turnouts on the 26th to fully cover the cost of hire (given the short notice and organisation), so don't be suprised if the pot doesn't stack up.

July 3 will also be open to Smashers with the regular CW lineup, although quite a number of people won't be attending it. People are still welcome to attend that one, although there isn't a strong promise of a tournament on those dates unless the numbers justify. It could end up just being an all-day friendly smash gathering.

I'll be in New York and California from 23 June - 27 July.

~ Wubs

Top Bottom