• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

MacD

Banned via Administration
oh ok, in that situation reverse toad is good, i didn't think about riding the wall and needing to turn around to block something

but i've toaded shine before too, that is another application for him

also i edited my other post like 7 times so check it

VA

Smash Hero
basically you actually need to learn how to use toad. or I did, there are quite a few uses for it. I've actually won matches because effectively toad stalls you on the spot for a while, in clutch situations, opponents (or the ones I've used it on) aren't always prepared to wait it out. they're more ready to go for what appears to be a guarenteed hit. toad works in a few different ways...

anyway I'm not going to tell you that you should use toad. I use toad and I like it, I used it on armada and he used it back on me. it's good in peach dittos to counter turnip approach xD

MacD

i swear i've started to accidently glide toss

if there was no talk about glide toss, i swear i was breaking the game

it's sooooo weird how i just float out of shield

and we'll see vanz, i'm hoping i don't suck it up under pressure/learn to fight more than just fox/dittos in one week... i got this :bee:

VA

Smash Hero
He did that me too!!

and all these toads, peach bombers, and glide tosses.. my peach is starting to look like a brawl peach.. lol

also.. Armada vs VaNz grand finals this weekend?

perhaps

=D
You've got to use all the attacks available to you!

I want to FIGHT YOU TO THE DEATH in peach dittos.

MacD

hahah, that's cause you a nub and up b'd right there

but that beginning was epic lol

also the comments are right, 2:00-2:10 is golden

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
lol at the downtilt to bomber in game 3

also Vanz, who is that n00b commentator talking about your "fast djc nairs" lol

MacD

lol god, i forgot about that

that sad thing was, it was me being sucky and somehow hitting him with those peach bombers

<3 connor

Composeur

Smash Ace
Uh, wow, vanz, your peach is getting kind of ridiculous. Congrats on sweeping SF, WF, and GF at saffron...

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
So, Dr. PP and a bunch of other NC smashers are spending the night at my place tonight. I want to play peach, but after the last time I played him, I don't feel like I'll really get to move that much at all. Plus my fox was feeling really solid last night.

But peach......

Any advice on the Falco/Falcon matchup? I want to record and not get ***** as hard this time.

edit:

Also, Falcon / Peach team. Has anyone done this before? Any advice. That's what I'll probably be doing at a tourney tomorrow. DoH, didn't you team with Darkrain?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Peach/falcon is a whole lotta love/destruction. You should focus all your energies on tanking stock, dealing damage, and saving your partner. Don't really go for kills because your falcon does it better. Peach has a lot of moves that pop her opponent up and out, which set up great for knees; abuse dtilt, nair, up throw, ftilt etc. Also, coordinate with your partner about who is going to take the punishes. A lot if times I would dtilt and go for a nair but Darkrain would just end up kneeing us both.

Check out our matches here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRspU26tpMw

MacD

i just lost a lot of hype for teams at apex

hopefully me and sheridan (hyuga, the norcal puff) do well

lets see

me/sheridan = peach/puff
doh/wobbles= peach/ICs
zhu/vanz= fox/peach?

who are you teaming with now vanityangel

also, anyone know about any other peaches going/their partners

i've heard rumors about vidjo
i know doll is going but i forget who he is teaming with
any others?

VA

Smash Hero
doll is teaming with a new player cos his team mate bailed apparently.

I'm teaming with blunted_object. I think we'll be playing falco/peach. I might use fox though :/

MacD

this is what happens

you do well one tourney then get ***** the next, it's happened to everyone

you do well and it goes to your head and you're like "wow, i don't suck anymore" when in reality you still need to try your hardest, but you let your guard down and then you'll get ***** the next tourney

now that you've learned this lesson, bring it back at apex

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
So I teamed with a Falco / Falcon main named Darksyde. We went Peach/Falco Peach/Fox. It was pretty fun we got third today. Our team name was 40 hour work week because we've both been working full time this summer, lol. We had a chance (and squandered it) to beat PP's team early on. It was a shame.

I feel like I learned a bit more about peach and her match-ups again today.

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
Okay, Peaches i won my first tourney today, xD I'm feeling pretty good about myself all that hard work payed off Yes!! vids will soon be up :)

Cia

das kwl

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It's hard to judge skill from videos, especially because that Falcon didn't seem as good as you, but in terms of your own execution, you wrecked him when you touched him. Especially on edgeguard.

I still don't like CGing into Uair on Falcon. But... I'm weird.

MacD

yea i know that vanz

but i don't think i could do it that fast, then again, i always feel like they are really slow but everyone around me is like "OMG SOOOO FAST"

and half the times i try to do uair, i end up double jump canceling it

also, i went to a tourney yesterday, got 2nd next to lovage, i need to find out how to be more patient, that is my biggest problem right now, like it is ingrained in my brain to just chase chase chase, attack attack attack

i also need to stop trying to hit every tech chase with a dash attack lol, but that is a smaller/easier thing to deal with, like they tech at me, and i'm standing there so i basically try to dash dance to a dash attack and miss like every time :(

The Irish Mafia

i'm just trying to grab more now and i'm finally hitting that tech in tech chase. i don't like using dsmash to tech chase because it feels like. . . lazy, like i could be doing something better
all of peaches moves fall between kill move and combo move and that really limits move choice off a tech chase

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
of course this thread spouts tons of useful information when i'm on vacation... so much work to do when i get back lol.

Top Bottom