• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
LoL? I have a friend who has been trying to get me to play that for the last month. He is really big into competitive fighting games too, he plays Soul Calibur and Street Fighter (and a bit of melee but he's not that good). I just downloaded it yesterday, but haven't started yet... Are we going to have to make a melee peach mains group in it or something? XD

Anyways, as far as the Peach/Zelda advice. It's actually been useful. Vanz's stuff, but what really helped me was KirbyKaze's turnip baiting advice, that got him a lot, and involved intense camping. I got him down to like 90% on his last stock before losing, which while not winning is better than I had been doing before. He refused to play that matchup again in friendlies though because A) he didn't want me to learn how to beat his zelda for tournament and B) the match lasted over 7 minutes and wasn't fun at all for him apparently XD. We did have the timer on in-game, me rushing in to kill him because I was barely behind led to my downfall.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
LoL isnt really an MMO in the traditional sense.

However the game is immensely fun, especially when you play with people you know.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
My new product should be coming out in a few days. Its called "Pocket Shiek" and its used to counter any and all low tiers.

Match up knowledge? Of course not, just down throw --> fair and win.

Wavedash required? Heavens NO! Just run around and throw out moves!

Order your very own Pocket Shiek to day for just $9.99 *110.99 S+H*

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
My new product should be coming out in a few days. Its called "Pocket Shiek" and its used to counter any and all low tiers.

Match up knowledge? Of course not, just down throw --> fair and win.

Wavedash required? Heavens NO! Just run around and throw out moves!

Order your very own Pocket Shiek to day for just $9.99 *110.99 S+H*
shame it can't be shipped to PAL regions though aye;)

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
So, I'd like to know how everyone does their fc nairs.

For example, I used to always:

(while on the ground)

press x (and hold)

quickly tap down

press a

release x

tap down again

Very quickly of course.

Recently I've tried starting the float by just pressing

down + x

etc,

The timing for things is slightly different, but I find I'm able to get my nairs out considerably lower to the ground, and it's much simpler to fc nair out of shield like this. The tradeoff is that it's (slightly) more difficult to do this while running.

So, just out of curiosity, how do you fc-nair?

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
You know what's funny...(at least to me), I never knew that I used both the left shoulder button and right shoulder during a match until Teczero pointed it out (or rather we were in a discussion about that kinda thing). So it's like...asking me how I do fc nairs is one of those things I'd have to look at how I do it LOL.

I think I do it down + x and since I use my thumb to press x I just hover it over a and then press at the same time.

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
It seems to me that the main part is reseting the joy stick to neutral after the float so you can fast fall the nair asap
How would mixing up fc nairs and jc nairs on a shield work in an actual game vs in theory?

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
About floating and turnips, it seems that when I try to throw a turnip while floating I just fair, even though I'm using Z. Do you need to be still to throw turnips? Because I can jump and throw a turnip right after I jump, even though I'm moving forward.

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
About floating and turnips, it seems that when I try to throw a turnip while floating I just fair, even though I'm using Z. Do you need to be still to throw turnips? Because I can jump and throw a turnip right after I jump, even though I'm moving forward.
I don't think you can throw from float.

Cia

das kwl
Ganon, really?

Pikachu maybe, but why Ganon? Probably beware of the infamous fair. I'd just spam turnips until he finally approached you, and dmsash. lol
Ganon can be reeeeeally annoying. I haven't played Kage recently, but I'm learning more and more that i don't need to play defensively vs ganon because Peach's combos on him are so ridiculous sometimes.

LOL benny. My Nairs beat sword attacks.. just sayin =D

MacD

Banned via Administration
just got back from gsg

lost to lucky and hax

i think only round 2/3 vs hax was recorded, and i've decided that i hate fountain against falcons, i'm weird, i know

i've realized i gotta step up my tech skill game

tech chases i miss cause i wanna hit with a dash attack even though they are right under me so i'm gonna work on that lol

and now the other side of melee just clicked in my brain, the part of waiting and not always having to beat out attacks with attacks or something

like 10 days till apex, how exciting!!!!

oh yea, i forgot to say i beat m2k's fox in pools... so yea

it was on battlefield

double post cause people probably read my other one and this **** is important

VA

Smash Hero
just got back from gsg

lost to lucky and hax

i think only round 2/3 vs hax was recorded, and i've decided that i hate fountain against falcons, i'm weird, i know

i've realized i gotta step up my tech skill game

tech chases i miss cause i wanna hit with a dash attack even though they are right under me so i'm gonna work on that lol

and now the other side of melee just clicked in my brain, the part of waiting and not always having to beat out attacks with attacks or something

like 10 days till apex, how exciting!!!!
You're not weird, FoD against Falcon isn't all that brilliant. GJ on beating m2k's fox that's super impressive.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I was so proud of my little MacD.

SO PROUD!!!

I also beat Hax and Lucky in a MM*!!!!

*Giant Melee lawls...

VA

Smash Hero
I just started watching true blood season 3. Made me realise how much I've missed lafayette (spelling + /care).

Cia

das kwl
LOL.. M2K and I were discussing a giant melee tier list a while back. Most ppl think Peach is the best. But I think it's Jigglypuff.

rosedemon - if you come to apex, i'd be down for some giant melee MMs =D

The Irish Mafia

i've given up on FoD in general unless it's v fox. I can't stand the platforms, they throw off my tech chases and FC's so much. I just take CF to battlefield now. Also, just IMO, but i think brinstar is a viable cp vs falcon. he wins there for lava combos and being able to use the space, but peach usually gets hit too high off the lava and if peach centers herself by floating below the top platform she can really cut off falcons movement game. idk I <3 brinstar and i've lost to a few falcons there but i still think you should logically win there

MacD

what do you guys think about stadium vs falcon?

at GSG, rainbow/cruise were banned in singles, so hax banned FD, i won on dreamland then him on yoshi's, i basically had to decide between stadium/FoD/hax's jungle because i hate battlefield vs falcon for some reason... well i just hate that stage in general for some reason

meh idk, i don't really get to play any falcon's so i don't really know what stages i do/don't like

Top Bottom