• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
I hate stadium vs falcon. I dunno if it's because he has so much room to run around or what, but I'm not a fan. Also, some of the little oddities in the transformations bother me.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
LOL.. M2K and I were discussing a giant melee tier list a while back. Most ppl think Peach is the best. But I think it's Jigglypuff.

rosedemon - if you come to apex, i'd be down for some giant melee MMs =D
Too broke to go to Apex, but if we both happen to be at a national, lets do it!

Also, GSG stage set sucked.

We've been using the Pound 4 ruleset in Norcal for a while, and its so bland, especially when you play double Peach. Lack of a 2nd small stage for teams, and only having big CAMPY stages to CP in singles really does suck.

Im also confident I lost to Hax because hes year better than me, NOT because I CP'd Kongo.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
he wins as soon as he gets space and on ps that happens in 30 seconds

ok this might call for something that resembles a discussion: Neutral stages where falcon beats peach? FoD's the go-to, but it seems like falcons are slowly figuring that stage out and it's not really cutting it. BF's good but there's no gain or loss, so you can just hope to outplay the falcon there. We've been over the PS gayness. What about FD? zero to 80 cg, and falcon has no options while recovering. you can tech chase and combo freely there, it doesn't seem like the worst option

MacD

like i said, cruise and brinstar were banned, and he banned FD, i'd go FD against falcon, FD and dreamland

i hate battlefield, personal vendetta i guess, idk i just seem to lose to falcons there

FoD is now meh to me

yoshi's can go either way

stadium i see them pick but you never know, i think it might be nice except for the stupid transformations

brinstar i'll pick even if the falcon likes it

dk64... idk feels just too big, especially against like hax who will camp

and cruise is cruise so yea

MacD

nah, not really

i just need them to ban either brinstar or FD so i can go to the other one, if both are banned then i'm kinda screwed

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Hey anyone else remember when the neutrals were like PokeStad, Yoshi, FD, FoD, BF, Dl64 and then the cps were like Green Greens, Corneria, Cruise, Floats, Brinstar, Mute City, Japes, KJ64?

mhenlo

Smash Apprentice
jw if anyone else realized this but a few days ago i was playing and realized its a lot faster to jump a second time onto the platform than it is to wave land in place on a platform

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Lol, gay teams are the best teams. I would love to be at a tourney with you guys so that I could see the crowd reaction when you team :laugh:

My friend and I have a link peach team. SOOO stupid, lol. Spacies beware.

And falco is gay :( You know how you said all you can do is roll out of dair shine pressure, Vanz.... well I can't even do that anymore. My timing is so messed up. That's what I get for not playing for like 2 days ( uggh why? ) I feel like all you can do against falco is avoid him until he puts himself in a bad position.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
aaaah.. i do! game was sooo good.

teco - you ***** 30000x harder than i did. i just threw out attacks. thanks for carrying.
That ****ing Dragon like makes it to the cave by the time you can move.

Vanz be trollin.

naaaaaaah..

in other news, I think i'm going to start using toad more. homie gets me out of so many close calls.
Toad needs more love.

Lol, gay teams are the best teams.
You're a bad person and should feel bad.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Are we talking about Diddy Kong Racing in here or is there another dragon that makes it to the cave before you can ****ing move?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
No, I'm not. Cmon now, that'd be quite immature. DKR is serious business KK.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
When I read gay teams I thought he meant like when Xelic and I teamed. The world could not handle our giggles

VA

Smash Hero
naaaaaaah..

in other news, I think i'm going to start using toad more. homie gets me out of so many close calls.
i've been saying this for tiiiiiiime, toad is absolutely so good. just make sure you use reverse toad when necessary.

MacD

probably cause it's really useless

all you guys said it does it let you come back on stage with a bair... i guess that's good, except now you can't grab the ledge, unless you fall down and up-b

i can't really think of a situation/character where coming down with bair is even gonna be useful

The Irish Mafia

toad in general just isn't good
i'm sorry but i use him on accident and it pays off sometimes but he's just so **** situational that you need to suprise even yourself for him to be any use
i mean there isn't really any one situation where you think "oh yeah, toad is completely safe there" because it's a useless move
don't use toad

VA

Smash Hero
lol, you don't know how good toad is. reverse toad is really awesome and of course situational. I'll just have to show you I guess.

MacD

now see, that's also wrong @ irish (ninja'd :()

if you make a read he pays off, you can learn against some characters, there are actually moments it'll work/be "safe"

toad is basically like airdodge but it's slower but it does damage and will probably put you in a better situation than you were, but if you, it's a lot easier to punish than airdodge

i mean don't go around using it like all the time, but it worked in tourney for me, recently against iori's ganon and i think some falco

The Irish Mafia

no i've tried it
returning to the stage with bair is cute and all but tbqh you'd probably do just as well doing a reverse bair and praying
for one thing peaches bair is good but you can't just expect it to plow through their attacks, especially while they're ledgeguarding.
Toad in general is a completely ****ty version of counter and attempting to apply it in your game in probably any matchup will decrease your skill as a player.

IMO.

@macD
i've tried applying it in my game at times and in my experience it's just a "do it once while recovering, never do it again" trick. I fooled around with toad a bit and i really just don't think he's worth using
however i can agree with the airdodge+ statement, but you can get ***** harder for a whiffed toad than a predicted airdodge

MacD

off the top of my head, i can see it being useful against ganon and marth... maybe that's just cause that's who i've had success using it against

and i assume we are all talking about when recovering, because otherwise toad is useless, and if you accidentally use it, you either get lucky, or get a charged upsmash in the face and lose the set :(

ugh, i hope you guys see this edit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZRc_k9yzmU&feature=channel

toad at :40

predicted airdodge i can still get *****, maybe grabbed by a ganon, utilt from marth, upsmash from fox, etc

my like 4th edit, i doubt i would normally toad that high, but in the moment could see him going for it

also after the opponent double jumps if you use toad, you are pretty safe cause if they miss, they have to land again

VA

Smash Hero
Your mindset is actually what makes toad good. Most people think toad is useless therefore discount the few situations where he is actually a good play to make. Don't use toad on stage, it's primarily a weird recovery tactic.

I've used this on Zgetto (in doubles):

Consider you've been shined and you have your double jump but not your float, or you do have your float or whatever. Fox is grabbing the edge. You ride the wall and as you get close you reverse toad (if you don't reverse the shine doesn't hit the toad hurtbox and you get shined). The toad spores will either, hit the fox and the toad spores make you go up then down (if they get hit on stage sometimes they auto reset). Or they will reflect on you and you get hit upwards back onto the stage. It is highly unexpected...

Why is that bad?

Top Bottom