• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Exarch actually moved from Florida to Wisconsin recently, so I haven't seen him much. However, we're good friends and still talk a lot. In other words I steal all his Prachy tricks!

Cia

das kwl
I got 9th at a big europe tournament this weekend.

I'm equally pleased and disappointed. I didn't beat any of the big names. There were a lot of circumstances that affected my play but I'm aware that these are known as johns so I hesitate to mention any.

Anyway, I am officially the 2nd best Peach in Europe. I faced Armada in brackets and it was unbelievable. He did everything right 100% of the time. He combod me to death a couple of times. Peach ditto is not a boring match up, he did some insane things to me. I managed to catch him out like a few times so at least took 2 stocks off him but it was the hardest match I've ever played.

Just to let y'all know. He did turnip > uair and killed me. I'd never thought of that before.

EDIT: Whoops, I thought i was on my account -Vanity Angel
Nice! I can't wait to play him again at Apex (and you too!) Not to sound cocky or anything, but good (challenging) Peach dittos are so hard to come by these days.

And turnip > Uair is something I used to use vs jigglypuff. But Teczero started CCing/DIing the turnip and it wasn't good anymore. So I suppose it's good when your opponent doesn't expect it.. which you didn't apparently.

Also, macd lost to Zelda. Let's laugh and point at him.. LOOOOOL (I'm going to lose to Dazwa's Kirby after this)

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Mccain losing to Zelda is like a year late.

He lost to Iori at Genesis...on mute city....

Cia

das kwl
Mccain losing to Zelda is like a year late.

He lost to Iori at Genesis...on mute city....

He also lost to Zelda LAST WEEK

Also, you can easily hide stitchface by moving around furiously or doing FC Nairs. people usually think i'm just showing off tech skill.. lol

Alright so... I finally got into melee and decided to use peach. However, I have no way of telling if my peach is coming along well or not since I have not found anyone to play but the cpu. life sux. I got vids against the CPU though.

Anyway....

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Or you can just toad/parosol if you pull while they're dying so they can't see what the turnip is at all!

Or you can just toad/parosol if you pull while they're dying so they can't see what the turnip is at all!
When peach faces to the left the person cannot see the turnip very well for it is facing away from the player. Somehow space with Fair I guess or Bair depending upon the side of the opponent you are on when facing left.

VA

Smash Hero
How could you possibly lose to a Zelda? That's so bad. A Samus nearly beat me at the tounrmament, but I knew the shame i'd feel if I lost to SAMUS so I stepped up and ***** him. Don't ****ing lose to Zelda, two times.

Also Vanz, he did the turnip > uair on me while I was floating or something, without knowing it was coming it was hard to DI...

Tomacawk

Smash Master
There's no shame in losing to cosmo. You guys really don't have a clue how good he is
I can't wait for the videos of that set!!

VA

Smash Hero

He also lost to Zelda LAST WEEK

Also, you can easily hide stitchface by moving around furiously or doing FC Nairs. people usually think i'm just showing off tech skill.. lol
There's a video of me when I was **** (could have been last week) doing a really fast dash dance to hide a stitch face from DJ combo, it worked.

Shino

Smash Apprentice
At what percentage can you kill a peach with turnip to uair? If we assume the opponent has good DI :p

And does this also works on other characters? I am thinking of Samus and Marth.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Whats the best way to hide a stitchface so that your opponent doesn't know you have one or thinks you have an ordinary turnip? =D
Dash dancing hides the turnip partially and allows you to slowly advance or retreat. Don't only do it when you have stitches, though because then it's obvious, lol.

edit:

VanityAngel beat me to it. Oh well.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
How could you possibly lose to a Zelda? That's so bad. A Samus nearly beat me at the tounrmament, but I knew the shame i'd feel if I lost to SAMUS so I stepped up and ***** him. Don't ****ing lose to Zelda, two times.
you use Daisy. everything you say is invalid :)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Zelda vs. Peach is actually pretty annoying and you have to be really campy to play the matchup.

VA

Smash Hero
lol I was only joining the peach zelda bandwagon. Cosmo is obviously legit. Also you guys who diss daisy are stupid ***s. She's got a MORE POWERFUL BAIR in PAL. It's cheating to use her but I do it sometimes anyway.

Also, I discovered a really cool use of toad.

If you get shined on FD against fox and you have your second jump, use it to ride the wall. as you're rising up do a reverse toad. When he drops to shine you the toad breath will either hit the fox and spike him, toad hits him up then down for some reason. That or the breath reflects on you and you get back onto the stage. I used it like 3 times at the tournament, it's situational but awesome.

john!

Smash Hero
^ at poe last weekend i tried out the toad recovery. i would double jump and reach the edge about halfway through, then do the toad right before i rose above the edge. i did it at least 10 times and it worked probably over half the time, on a variety of characters. ****

john!

Smash Hero
they hit the toad. if they didn't fall for it then i'd just land onstage and eat a smash attack. but if they did then sometimes i could tech chase (since they're near the ledge).

MacD

Banned via Administration
lol, i used toad on kels i know, he just had a WTF look on his face and zhu started saying something funny

i also did it against iori in our tourney match, toad's too good

both times i did it when recoverying, i was below the stage, used my jump and they tried to hit me cause i was coming up, normally i barely get on the stage cause of how it puts you a little higher in the beginning, but at the least i'll make sure i get the ledge

except it sucks so you gotta be careful about using it

john!

Smash Hero
another time toad ***** is when like falco or someone is trying to hit you while you're recovering high. usually it's totally telegraphed by their first jump. right before they dj and go for the bair or dair, just toad their *** to the FLOOR.

also i forgot to mention, i toaded someone twice in a match using the first method, then the third time they didn't attack me and i wavelanded on stage and dsmashed them offstage. i was like MINDGAMES SONNNN

Cia

das kwl
Well macd, no matter what color he uses, it could never be worse than your ****ty blue peach.

BTW, I've been thinking of some uses for toad in teams. It requires your partner to jab you out of the end lag while an opponent is still stunned from the spores (stun spore lol) it may be a bit tedious, but toad has a pretty nice arc, so.. who knows. It might be useful.

Teco - let's try that soon :colorful:

VA

Smash Hero
Well macd, no matter what color he uses, it could never be worse than your ****ty blue peach.

BTW, I've been thinking of some uses for toad in teams. It requires your partner to jab you out of the end lag while an opponent is still stunned from the spores (stun spore lol) it may be a bit tedious, but toad has a pretty nice arc, so.. who knows. It might be useful.

Teco - let's try that soon :colorful:
I wish I had recorded the toad thing I described. It looks like peach teleports. Or maybe that's because I'm so slow.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Actually, this might work well w/ the Shield Break thing someone mentioned earlier. Peach Toads a shield while partner aerials. Partner eats spores, but possible Shield Break?

And blue is a great color for Peach. Just sayin'

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
my contribution to the "tactical discussion" is that blue peach is ugly.

VA

Smash Hero
Blue is the ugliest, by far. I recently have appreciated green, I think it's my new Peach colour.

Top Bottom