• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Number memorizing is useful and all, but just try to do it intuitively. Play your matches and just notice the ballpark area when CC stops working. In the future if you're unsure, just tack on some extra damage.

Cia

das kwl
I don't know exact percentages. I usually just go for dash attacks after a good dsmash or two.. lol

AND WHO CALCULATES CC PERCENTAGES AT THE BEACH?!?! BE LESS OF A TOTAL NERD CHIVAL!!

<3

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
My name is vanity angel and I am a noob here is the evidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uknkZCyEuz0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNHmTf8m_b4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4Rien03JPo

I haven't played peach in a while. I was experimenting with jab > jab as a street fighter style reset. Conclusion: it's ****. Other than that I have no johns xD
Haha, good stuff you played really well, falcon hes soooooooo silly, :chuckle:

Okay so i got some firendlies here guy's i record some matches before the tournament start
but sadly the tournament matches was not recorded for some lame *** reason something happened >_<... but i think I'm getting there i guess tell me what you guys think n_n

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDnKPF6sYvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpTv03jXXX4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MufsjkP1SlE&feature=related

theres more matches somewhere on youtube!! P.s Apex will be great n_n

Cia

das kwl
Vanz this might be kind of silly, but did you watch thoes to vids i show on your thread...what you think? how can i work on my mind games an to get smarter xD
I watched the first match and I have to say, you've gotten sooo much better since the last time I've seen your matches. So congrats on the mass improvement. As for mindgames, That really comes from knowing what your opponent is going to do, or where they're going to be and acting accordingly. Basically, being a step ahead. To get better at reading ppl, look for the signs or "bait" them. For example, when Sheik is jumping at you, chances are she wants to Fair you. Now that you know this, you can either prepare for shield grab, Nair oos, or even something different like spaced dtilt or Toad. (lol) You'll naturally get better at this as you become a more experienced player.

Oh, and I see your 2nd best tech skill, and raise you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV3MvT6rfJc

:laugh:

MacD

Banned via Administration
so i wish there were like even just 2 floaties in so cal i could practice against

i'm still laughing that zelda vs peach was the most hyped set yesterday

i wish i could have gotten to play kels, rumor has it he was scared of me after our friendlies lol

and after watching a few matches of wobbles in person sitting right by him, i really wish i could play him because it'd be an amazing set i think

now i wonder if i'll ever learn to fight ganon :/

also i'm tearing up donkey kong 2 for snes, well kinda, i'm like halfway done with world 3 lol, going for 110 or whatever before i leave tomorrow

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
I watched the first match and I have to say, you've gotten sooo much better since the last time I've seen your matches. So congrats on the mass improvement. As for mindgames, That really comes from knowing what your opponent is going to do, or where they're going to be and acting accordingly. Basically, being a step ahead. To get better at reading ppl, look for the signs or "bait" them. For example, when Sheik is jumping at you, chances are she wants to Fair you. Now that you know this, you can either prepare for shield grab, Nair oos, or even something different like spaced dtilt or Toad. (lol) You'll naturally get better at this as you become a more experienced player.

Oh, and I see your 2nd best tech skill, and raise you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV3MvT6rfJc

Thank You, i'll make sure to keep thoes stuff in mind, i play melee like once a month so its hard to get up their with you guys, But... Apex should be lots of fun right? we'll have a tech off, Lulz "Tech Off" =D and OMFG 1:09 was Sex'say!;)

The Irish Mafia =D

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Wobbles is so hilarious. I don't know what he's doing half of the time.

Then I remember how to fight Ice Climbers and he's all qq

Quaz

Smash Master
see what happens when you don't learn2midwest MacD? you lose to Zelda.

... Nah Im kidding. Im actually very suprised you lost that. I also think you woulda gave Kels a run for his money I can see you taking that guy out. Then you could have beaten Wobbles with some Magical victory then beat Iori and Zhu for first. Right?

I love your Peach MacD, and I feel you're our only hope now. :(

Cia

das kwl
I feel you're our only hope now. :(
ooo that hurt.

macd - just dash attack ganon. or dtilt him. either way, you'll get like 40+ damage from it. Spaced fairs are a pain tho. So if they wanna be jerks with retreating aerials, turnip camp and make him chase your for the entire match. I'm prepared to time a ganon out if i have to :laugh:

Turnip > Dair > Nair is also pretty **** in that match.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Soo zelda's matchup against peach is 60-40; zelda's favor now? lol jp

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace

Quaz

Smash Master
Yeah Im an *** lol. I forgot other peaches still play this game (I thought VaNz quit?)

Im actually not going to Apex and plus I suck now anyways. Im literally like the worst ever I swear.

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
ShounenKel / Sage / Quaz / general, anyone good at peach wanna go double peach at Apex?
Rapee, sounds like Mad fun dude, but i'm sooooo sorry i already have a teammate, Daisy she main's peach too DOUDLE!!!!! peach is so much fun xD

Sorry again, P.s we'll just play lots of team friendlies :)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Yo, don't be so mean to smashjin next time, he's cool.

J/k, play to win and all, but didn't he get at least a few stocks off you in other games?

Cia

das kwl
Yeah Im an *** lol.
I think everyone's in agreement that your post was worthy of a 5 point infraction for excessive spam and major flaming.

you bring dishonor on your whole family.

D'oH - sry about signing off earlier. I got a phone call and **** hit the fan at my friend's house. TL;DR i'm now stuck baby sitting and I have 2 friends in Jail WTF.

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
I got 9th at a big europe tournament this weekend.

I'm equally pleased and disappointed. I didn't beat any of the big names. There were a lot of circumstances that affected my play but I'm aware that these are known as johns so I hesitate to mention any.

Anyway, I am officially the 2nd best Peach in Europe. I faced Armada in brackets and it was unbelievable. He did everything right 100% of the time. He combod me to death a couple of times. Peach ditto is not a boring match up, he did some insane things to me. I managed to catch him out like a few times so at least took 2 stocks off him but it was the hardest match I've ever played.

Just to let y'all know. He did turnip > uair and killed me. I'd never thought of that before.

EDIT: Whoops, I thought i was on my account -Vanity Angel

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
TL;DR i'm now stuck baby sitting
This is why I sleep with men.

Also, I have a suggestion for anyone who feels like they don't always get their bair>downsmash or fair>grab or fc to whatever done fast enough but don't have someone to practice on

Go into unlimited time, with Peach, a punching bag (Falco/n!) and an Ice Climbers. Use the freeze glitch on the punching bag, and voila! A hitstun punching bag that never goes anywhere. To mimic shield stun, I think the closest you can get without actually having someone hold down shield is to use a starman on your punching bag, so you'll have to turn items on, because in training mode the computer ICs can't freeze the other computers. Plus no c-stick. If your punching bag gets too high, you can grab and down throw and he'll still be frozen.

MacD

Banned via Administration
that's a pretty cool idea about the freeze glitch doh

any reason that's better than the handycapped bowser?

though i guess you need at least 2 controllers to do it which some people might not have

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
So, what happened to Exarch? He was one of my favorite peaches and I feel like he would have some good info to share with everyone. I haven't seen him post in ages though.

And more videos to come once I get them reencoded.

Top Bottom