• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
STFU Blue Peach is clearly the best, with Regular Peach a close second. All other colors are distant thirds.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
the cycle of the peach forums:

1. colors
2. dtilt *****
3. DADS is amazing
4. Peach sucks
5. MacD and DoH are catty
6, Daisy is ugly
7. go back to step 1.

MacD

Banned via Administration
hahahahahaha omg connor i love it

on the bright side of my "ugly" color, i'm the only one who uses it so you know it's me, and it's still not an ugly immigrant w**** so yay!!!

also, armada's second fav color is blue so what now *****es

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'll break the cycle then. Just exactly why is d-smash so amazing? Discuss. Nobody ever talks about it's applications. People just say use it. At least the marth boards talk about f-smash, shiek about d-throw, etc.

ZoSo

Smash Champion

1. colors
2. dtilt *****
3. DADS is amazing
4. Peach sucks
6, Daisy is ugly
7. go back to step 1.
LOL perfect.

@ thesage: It's fast, powerful, has numerous invincible hitboxes, lasts FOREVER, pokes through shields all the time, is safe on block... It's just a really good move.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I guess d-smash's pro's and cons are so obvioous. IDK, just trying to learn more. I noticed that I don't really use it that much anymore after being called a d-smash spammer. When it only hits once it doesn't do that much damage compared to Peach's other options.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198

1. colors
2. dtilt *****
3. DADS is amazing
4. Peach sucks
6, Daisy is ugly
7. go back to step 1.
this is all i need to know.
i'll never have to read the tactical discussion again.

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I have a really random question that is highly situational but it seems awesome so here goes.

Everyone knows that the platforms can be tilted on Brinstar by breaking whatever the things are that tether them to the stage and I would guess some people know that using Peach's side b on the slanted platform gives her a momentum boost which can be canceled by floating. It seems like this could set Peach up for some interesting tactics/shenanigans.

So I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this strange occurrence or any information on it.
Also, Does anyone know if the tether between the stage and the platform acts similar to hitting a shield? If it does it seems like it would be helpful for practicing moves against shields such as Falco/fox dair/nair shines and peach pillaring. This is probably really far fetched but let me know what you guys think.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
If you full jump under a platform on battlefield and then dj with the right timing you can land faster. Anybody understand what I'm saying?

MacD

so i was playing m2k tonight and just don't know how to get around his marth, he's too good. but he told me my turnip edge guarding was amazing and he doesn't know why more people don't do it becuase it's impossible to get around

i also took one stock off his fox by dsmash only

and the fun fact of the night from him (that he felt like saying 100 times) "did you know weezing can do 200 damage"

If you full jump under a platform on battlefield and then dj with the right timing you can land faster. Anybody understand what I'm saying?
i know what you are talking about, double jump landing on platforms, i mess around with it when i'm practicing tech skill and in theory it'd be useful, but short of upthrowing someone onto a platform and chasing them, idk why people would care to do/if it'd be worth it

brinstar stuff
me and connor have messed around with that, my advice is don't go destroying the tethers unless your opponent is dead or something, sure it can work but it is very situational and pretty easy to avoid if they see it coming since peach bomber takes a bit to start up

LOL. As bad as this board is, I think the brawl Peach boards might be even worse :laugh:
at least we sometimes talk about stuff... i think

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
@ thesage: It's fast, powerful, has numerous invincible hitboxes, lasts FOREVER, pokes through shields all the time, is safe on block... It's just a really good move.
Also
-can't be crouch canceled
-wd back -> dsmash often knocks over approaching fastfallers from where they can be techchased into grab -> profit
-is a really natural way to punish after CCing a move and has enough knockback to send people off the edge at KO percents

Is it really safe on block, though? I remember in their Pound 4 set Amsah kept grabbing Armada after shielding the dowsmash fully.

VA

Smash Hero
It is not safe on block, on fox he can wdash out of shield > waveshine you if you don't dsmash on shield right. Amsah was doing this to armada recently. It's punishable, falcon will knee you if he blocks it because it has a relatively long animation.

@MacD I'm so afraid of m2k's marth. I used turnip edgeguarding on a marth recently but it's hard to do it well, this marth would either go high and air dodge back on to avoid or go low. It was annoying. In general Marth's recovery is so hard to punish with Peach. Especially if they do it right. I was doing that Vidjo drop thing sometimes too cos I saw Bladewise use it on m2k, it didn't really work for me, they'd get knocked into the stage and just Up B at the first opportunity. I didn't react well to that.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
This is how I feel when reading the Peach boards.

What was most effective against M2K when he made me play him for like 2 hours before he played Armada was going out to intercept him; forcing him to recover low with turnips and then going out there and throwing another one at him to stop his momentum or just bairing him. Marth needs his momentum to recover, since his recovery is essentially vertical.

MacD

lol i probably should have explained what i did

what you do is space yourself so that either you smash throw or weak throw, the turnips just go over the ledge. it makes it so marth can't sweet spot, basically he has to keep up-Bing and you can pull/throw turnips at a fast enough rate to keep hitting him

i do that whenever i don't have time to get to the ledge, or if he is ledge stalling for invincibility

if you keep hitting them, eventually you pull a dot or stich or wink face and they should die lol

sometimes they up-b really high to avoid it and you can just go dash attack/nair normally, m2k tried up-Bing at least like 4 times before he realized he could just sweatspot the ledge

so in a case where you couldn't have normally edgeguarded him, you add probably like at like 25+% assuming you do it right... i think i forgot how much damage weak throws and smash throws do

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Oh yeah...

Connor, if you see this, you're my new bff. You understand the gay that is Haley Kim now. :3

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
It would make me very happy if VS Zelda was added to the OP. The person I play the most, whose sheik I have always beaten with peach, has started 2-3 stock me with zelda and I have no idea how to even approach, as turnips don't work due to naryu's love, and I don't know how to approach any character without turnips, let alone Zelda who's fair seems to outspace/outspeed everything Peach has. I could go pika or marth to beat his zelda if he couldn't go sheik and still destroy me. At the moment, the best I could do against him if we were to end up playing each other in tournament would be to use my fox. VaNz I need your help or I could end up switching from a peach main to a fox main, and the melee gods know we don't need any more of those.

Specific questions:
how do I approach? (what moves)
should I still be using turnips? I can't seem to use them effectively at all due to naryu's love.
what do I do out of grab at different percents? Sometimes dthrow leads to me getting kicked.

john!

Smash Hero
approach with dash attack mostly. she can't combo out of grab as long as you di her dthrow behind her. grab works too for a shield campy zelda. turnips work also, see below.

use turnips sparingly. nl has a lot of ending lag so they will hesitate to use it unless they know they can reflect. you can actually throw the turnip, then dodge it when they reflect it, and approach that way.

you can't really combo out of grab. dash attack sometimes works out of dthrow. try upthrowing, since zelda doesn't have much defense below her.

source: cosmo practice

VA

Smash Hero
Zelda has no defense when she's above you? What are you talking about. She has the most broken spike in smash. Dair is so broken, way harder than fighting falco just ask macd.

Haley Kim is amazing. Gay = to run around hahaha

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
should I still be using turnips? I can't seem to use them effectively at all due to naryu's love.
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Bait turnipssssssss insteadddddddd

aka, pull them, don't auto throw, nair and stuff and wait till they b then WHACK in their face and then profit.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Zelda has no defense when she's above you? What are you talking about. She has the most broken spike in smash. Dair is so broken, way harder than fighting falco just ask macd.
Shhh, don't tell the zelda that I'm playing against XD.

I think we're safe though, I don't see why he would visit the peach boards.

EDIT: Also, is dash attack that good to use? I usually get hit out of it with a kick if zelda's in the air, and shield grabbed if she's on the ground. I've had moderate luck with fair, is this just because the zelda isn't doing it right?

john!

Smash Hero
the key is to not be horizontal to zelda. float above her and use dair. dash attack under her when she jumps, like you would do to marth. if she's on top of you (hot) just use dsmash or nair. just stay away from that kick sweetspot at all costs. shield is nice vs. her because her grab is garb.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Is it really safe on block, though? I remember in their Pound 4 set Amsah kept grabbing Armada after shielding the dowsmash fully.
I've played Cort a lot, and I remember that he would always roll or dash away or something after a blocked dsmash. I'm pretty sure it's safe, but it depends how many hits connect.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Approach like I would vs marth... But I never approach marth, I have turnips XD. Thanks. I will have to try approaching from above more, I'm not in the habit of doing that because I'm used to playing peach against characters with good upairs like fox/marth/falcon/ganon, and her dair isn't the most impressive move.

Top Bottom