• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
SO.....yeah.... Tope's sheik is. Good. Really good.

And Dr. PeePee's marth is complete and utter ****. You would probably be better off playing against his falco.

That's it for today's news

Dr. PeePee's marth is complete and utter ****. You would probably be better off playing against his falco.

That's it for today's news
So wait, what you're saying is there's going to be one less **** Falco ****** everyone which is going to mean everyone else gets less *****? ****!

<3 Marths.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
So wait, what you're saying is there's going to be one less **** Falco ****** everyone which is going to mean everyone else gets less *****? ****!

<3 Marths.
You won't be <3'ing anything when Marth is tippering your *** across the stage.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
lol, every thread ends up being the peach social thread sooner or later.

anyway, stratagies:
What is safe on sheik's shield? I played against PikaPika a bit back and every time I dsmashed his shield i got punished. I've been trying fair-grab and it's worked so far. Any other good options?

MacD

you could just save the image, and use it instead of pre-set avatar. (if you can't find it in the list later)
lol, connor told me to do that

IIRC, that can cause quality issues.

Anyways, Isaac is on page 8 of the "June 2008 Additions."
and i swear it's not... maybe it's not cause it's my current avatar, but what is it supposed to be between?

oh and irish, i think i've told you but i hate attacking her shield, what you/i need to start doing isn't not dsmash it (unless it is really small), and turn it into a guessing game

so like after a FC fair you can

grab
jump and FC another fair
isnta FC nair
wavedash back
just run away lol

idk more stuff lol

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Correct me if I'm insane, but I'm pretty sure there is an Isaac head in the lower right corner here:

I saw Armada do fair -> jab -> dsmash against Sheik's shield with good results a few times at Pound. I obviously wouldn't know how this stacks up against her other options, though.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
wow. owned. (or trolled?) both are acceptable.

also, to fair grab without risk on someone's shield, you have to hit REALLY late with the fair, right??

MacD

ok, i won't deal with all that copy paste stuff, but mine is off yours by one pic (starts with mario+zelda and ends with ike taunt), i bet it's because it's my avatar that it doens't show up there, good to know these things EDIT: my mario cd is in a different place and i have an extra lucario, maybe i'll copy paste deal with it later if i feel like it

and sure, fair > jab > dsmash can work, but it is punishable, kira get's me like that a lot, cause he just waits for the dsmash then he can wavedash out of his shield and dsmash or grab or something me

in theory, if you want super non risk on fair grab, you'd have to make sure it's float cancelled and that you hit right before you land

The Irish Mafia

Fair grab gives you 4 frames of advantage according to ZoSo, which, for those who don't know, is a lot. You don't need to groundfloat. If you're just spacing around and dropping fairs, as long as you fastfall and begin the grab remotely quick, it's guaranteed.

Fair jab dsmash isn't safe simply because of the jab. Fair dsmash makes the most sense, that's serious shield pressure. The jab, imo, is to provoke or punish a shieldgrab.

also not a bad idea on sheik's shield is fc fair run back gf fc bair (dsmash). That's not safe though, that's more of a mindgame, I'm looking for more unpunishable things that give peach a window.

MacD

fair dsmash is only really good to do on people with smaller shields (marth, puff, the mario's) and should not be done on characters with big shields unless they are already small (zelda, sheik)

if you do fair dsmash on zelda and it doesn't poke, YOU WILL GET KICKED!
if you do fair dsmash on sheik and it doesn't poke, she has different options on what to do and it isn't a guarenteed punish, but if she reads whatever you do next then you're gonna get punished

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
most people are scared to tilt their shield while they're getting downsmashed.

i have no idea. i would assume it's good to aim your shield down and maybe towards them, but it just doesn't feel safe.
it's not like getting shield pressured from a fox or falco.

could you do fc fair to jab to nair? like... does the jab provide enough stun to let you nair their shield?

The Irish Mafia

jab doesn't provide shield stun and shouldn't be treated as if it does so. It's just to stuff their grab.
anything dsmash is safe vs marth because it stabs like every time. Just stay behind his shield and he's helpless.

Shield tilting will protect them from the dsmash but sometimes floaty characters (like the ones you expect dsmash to shield stab on) will benefit more from getting the 1 hit of the dsmash than having a nickel-sized shield. If they tilt and you don't stab, they probably have no shield left, which should be your cue to get in the air and start fairing like the psycho ***** you are until you hit a shield.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
good point about shield tilting.

so as for the jab, it doesn't give you any time to nair or run away?
as in a player with good reactions can see that you jab their shield and safely escape and/or punish?

edit: i'm trying to think of some of the instinctive things i do to people who're shielding... i'll post more when i remember...

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Too bad you guys dont live in Cali, PockyD gets off on you if you **** up on his shield.

IIRC, cant Shiek wavedash OOS and grab/downsmash you if you downsmash her shield?

And like Connor said, people cant just wait for the jab, and then grab you. This is where you can mix it up with a 2nd jab. Both options are still bad. (and it sucks when sheik just upsmashes you OOS instead of grabbing)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
you guys make it sound like i should just scrap jabs from my playbook.

they're decent for mixups but i suck at rock paper scissors...

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I noticed people in Northern Viriginia and Maryland are better at handling jabs than what I fight in Richmond. It's really annoying cuz I use jab a lot. Now I have to cut it out of my game. I'm going to start using turnips much more as well.

john!

Smash Hero
just to clear things up, fair gives 4 frames advantage, most spotdodges activate on frame 4, and peach's grab comes out on frame 7. so if they buffer a spotdodge, you have to be frame perfect to get a grab, which is very very hard. i almost always dsmash, because if the fair takes a chunk out of their shield, it will usually poke. dsmash comes out on frame 5, and even if they buffer a spotdodge, it usually covers it. i'm pretty sure this is how it works, but if i'm wrong feel free to correct me.

MacD

dam vanz, i just watched your teams matches with tec0 from whatever just happened lol

they were so hype in the background, i wish so cal could do that, stupid so cal noobs being all nooby and stupid :(

now i wanna go to EC again cause it sounds ****

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
There were probably about 30 people crowding the setup we were at and at least 1/4 of the noise was from G$ alone.

LOL

And the entire crowd (minus swiftbass/eggm <3) were against us D=

Cia

das kwl
yeah! no one ever EVER cheers for us except Swift + Eggm because they're amazing (and crew). I really hate my region sometimes. Whenever I go to MD or somewhere else, people are happy to see us.. and stuff. /random thoughts

I'm gonna see if I could stay with my aunt in Cali before the end of the Summer. Sup West Coast.

Top Bottom