• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

trademark0013

Smash Champion
not always. Step one to beating somebody is figuring out why you're getting hit, and what you're doing that leads you into that scenario. I've already established this: I was being hit because he was forcing me to approach and every approach I tried he was able to counter.
kk
It's the same as playing game and watch vs marth. You may realize that you have to approach because the marth
na u dont HAVE to approach marth, but comparison noted

In regard to my original question, it is basically how do you approach a tight fox that never approaches you?
And that answer appears to be "you don't"
na u can. as you implied b4, you dont really have a choice. seems have to work on your tactics/trickery/w.e.

surprisingly peach can control space. and better than most of the cast. that being said, you cant "let" fox jus run around you. it may seem tough (and it is) but you have to put and end to that. so, its not always the approach thats important, but A) positioning and B) being able to react (specifically to position changes, but other things as well).

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
post vids. that would help some of these people help you. yeah yeah. plus i could maybe learn just as much or more than you from it so... yeah... upload some examples so it can be critiqued lol

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
I KNOW lol
i'm working on a lot of things right now in this game, (mostly with fox) so my plate is kinda full.

with that said, grabbing more as peach is high on my priority list. we got this.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I noticed doll's really good at using d-throw and I starting using it more. Sometimes you can d-throw u-smash people...

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
when they don't di behind here. when they do you usually can't even dash attack or tech chase it... idk maybe you can, i only dthrow once in a while against marth.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
peaches grab range is one of the better ones lol
I just wanted to bring this statement to light before you all start believing it.

According to m2k, Peach has the 14th best grab range in the game (tied w/ Falco). That makes it middling at best. On top of what Lumpy said, getting grabs w/ Peach is a tad tough.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Peach also runs slow and doesn't slide when she jc grabs like Ness does. I actually find it easier to land grabs with Ness than Peach...

VA

Smash Hero
Peach runs slower than everyone. Add the bad JC grab and you have a useless grab to use out of dash dance or at long range. It's very situational that you get a grab without setting it up, but it does happen.

If you dthrow them at the edge sometimes they DI up cos they expect Fthrow, if you slap > slap them then you can regrab some characters at low %. It's funny to do this.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Actually, I saw Tec0 say a while ago that Peach's dash grab has more range than her JC grab. But this may only be useful in chain-throwing.

Getting a grab w/ Peach is like getting one w/ most other characters, you have to bait something and space it.

The one thing I DO disagree with you all on is that I think Peach is a good character. I frequently find myself doing something Peachy and saying Peach is "totally broken"

VA

Smash Hero
Peach dash grab is faster than her JC grab by a frame and has much more range.

Peach is still terrible.
Yeah I thought so but I didn't want to say it cos I couldn't actually recall the correct information.

If you try to CG with JC grab you won't make it. Her grab is good. She is good. She has this combo with goes like this

C down > C down. It can do like 100%.

MacD

Banned via Administration
if someone can't DI dthrow by reaction at semi top level... then they suck

i was spying on the falco boards but i got board reading skipping all the walls of text

VA

Smash Hero
It works better on lighter characters....animation is shorter but still. If I had you by the edge and was spamming A on high % I doubt you'd believe I would dthrow, it doesn't even make a lot of sense to do it. All you can hope for it getting a regrab facing the wrong way xD. It's **** but funny.

When I hit you with it you'll be like :/

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
KK, peach is not terrible.

we've been over this. she's good, but not great.

if you're gonna post in all the same threads as i am, we should get our facts straight.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I need help. I don't know if anyone here would bother but I'm posting this anyway.

I've really been struggling to narrow down the characters I use in tournament, etc. (a main in general really) I simply can't decide who to play. I enjoy playing them all and have been successful in MMs and tourneys with each of them so none of that has cleared this up for me or been an issue, I just simply don't know who to stick with so even use random often.

If anyone cares about having 1 more Peach player, or wants me to stick with him if you know me or anything, please vote. :\

Any input is good but meaningless votes are completely welcome too if you don't know me/don't care but would still want me to play Peach or something. :)
I just need help. :(

Thanks. hahah
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10468126#post10468126

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
KK, peach is not terrible.

we've been over this. she's good, but not great.

if you're gonna post in all the same threads as i am, we should get our facts straight.
Being "not great" is awful in an environment dominated by "great" characters. She doesn't have advantage on any of them, either, except Sheik in PAL. Maybe Falco? I've certainly heard that one tossed around. I doubt it though.

So she's surrounded by losing or close matchups, which means no starting advantages or easy wins unless the opponent is bad. And if the opponent's already bad, you'd probably win if you were playing a great character anyway, and you'd have the benefit of some freebies here and there.

She doesn't even have awesome anti-low tier powers like Sheik does, where characters like Pikachu are just magically harmless all the time.

VA

Smash Hero
She's apparently -1 against all top tier characters. This doesn't mean you only win if your opponent is bad. This means you have to play to her strengths in a MU that is slightly out of favour for your character. It's all dependent on the assumption that your opponent knows everything your character is capable of. Surely if you're able to do things that you're opponent has not encountered before then its influence the in game MU statistic. Also MU is heavily dependent on player style, as in there is no 1 fixed way of playing Peach.

BladeWise

Smash Lord
on the last stock of someone with a very gimp-able recovery (falco, fox, marth), I sometimes go for the quickest suicide KO I can get (if I have a stock lead, of course).

Mango and M2K do this all the time.

some people play very clutch on last stock, and I'd rather not deal with that.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
She's apparently -1 against all top tier characters. This doesn't mean you only win if your opponent is bad. This means you have to play to her strengths in a MU that is slightly out of favour for your character. It's all dependent on the assumption that your opponent knows everything your character is capable of. Surely if you're able to do things that you're opponent has not encountered before then its influence the in game MU statistic. Also MU is heavily dependent on player style, as in there is no 1 fixed way of playing Peach.
This is true.

I really just rag on Peach because I'm bad with her and it makes me feel better about myself because I'm a crusty hermit.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
LOL

she's the best "not great" character in the game.
she's not top tier and it's obvious, but she's better than everyone else, imo.

if you compare her to mid tier, she's great.

forget about pichu and kirby. go ask doc and ganon mains if peach is good. haha

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think if we changed the question to, "Aren't you happy when you see Peach in the bracket ahead and not Sheik or Falco or whatever of the same calibur?" they would both respond with resounding, "OMFG Peach is ez mode" but I see your point.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i didn't mean the match up between them and peach. lol as a peach player, i hate both of those match ups.

i just think there are worse characters than peach that are still somewhat viable tournament characters.

VA

Smash Hero
There are no "Peach Match Ups". That chart you all read in Melee Discussion is dumb. There is an immeasureable difference between LumpyCPU Peach or any other Peach and Armada. It is like 2 different characters.

VA

Smash Hero
nah, tbh I have no idea what your peach is like. I know it doesn't play like armada though. I have some of his stuff in my game, but more VA stuff, which sort of sucks. Lots of bair > grab. It doesn't make sense but it works.

Top Bottom