• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
rule of thumb: no one ever cheers for a Peach unless it's Armada

another rule of thumb: SoCal noobs suck because they'd rather play friendlies than watch grand/losers/winners finals of anything

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
rule of thumb: no one ever cheers for a Peach unless it's Armada

another rule of thumb: SoCal noobs suck because they'd rather play friendlies than watch grand/losers/winners finals of anything
That makes me so sad...

Also, I'm back. I took a small break.
School ***** D;

Cia

das kwl
^ Not really sure, but her husband is an Ex Lakers Player.. So where ever she lives, it's nice. She was actually on Basketball Wives recently. pretty kwl =)

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
^ Not really sure, but her husband is an Ex Lakers Player.. So where ever she lives, it's nice. She was actually on Basketball Wives recently. pretty kwl =)
I'm kinda jealous of everything in that statement.

Except for being on Basketball Wives.
TV appearances are still pretty legit though.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
If you're just spacing around and dropping fairs, as long as you fastfall and begin the grab remotely quick, it's guaranteed.
It's only guaranteed in the sense that you will grab them first if you did it correctly and they tried to shieldgrab.

VA

Smash Hero
jab doesn't provide shield stun and shouldn't be treated as if it does so. It's just to stuff their grab.
anything dsmash is safe vs marth because it stabs like every time. Just stay behind his shield and he's helpless.

Shield tilting will protect them from the dsmash but sometimes floaty characters (like the ones you expect dsmash to shield stab on) will benefit more from getting the 1 hit of the dsmash than having a nickel-sized shield. If they tilt and you don't stab, they probably have no shield left, which should be your cue to get in the air and start fairing like the psycho ***** you are until you hit a shield.
shield recovers pretty fast, if you're going to react to their small shield by FC fairing mindlessly (as is something they may expect) you'll probably get punished...

also if they shield your dsmash successfully they can punish you :/

you can't just fc far > grab and expect it work, it's heavily dependent on your opponents response.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
whoops, dave, looks like it's just me being wrong about things again

VA that was (supposed to be) a bit of humor, usually I think the appropriate way to act after a fully connected dsmash to their shield is float and drop fairs and hope they shield, and if they do, dsmash.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
oh gawd, you guys... lol

say ii fc fair and it hits low on their shield. then go for a grab very quickly.
to avoid the grab, can they...
A) buffer a roll or spotdodge
B) shield grab
C) shine oos or samus upB oos

i'm hearing conflicting answers here. i know it works on the people who don't know it's coming.

john!

Smash Hero
wthey can't grab unless you mess up, since you have 4 frames of advantage. but i think people know not to try this.

if they buffer a spotdodge or roll, then usually you have to be frame perfect, which is very difficult.

shine oos and up b oos take how long exactly...?

dsmash on the other hand lasts 18 frames, 2 with hitboxes and 2 without for 5 times, minus the 2 without at the end. so they can't roll or spotdodge (with the exception of a few characters with long spotdodges) without being hit. of those characters with long spotdodges, only falcon, zelda, and ganon end their dodge barely before you end your dsmash, and even then they have to time it perfectly.

someone get magus in here or something to make sure i'm correct.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
oh gawd, you guys... lol

say ii fc fair and it hits low on their shield. then go for a grab very quickly.
to avoid the grab, can they...
A) buffer a roll or spotdodge
In Super Theory Brothers, sometimes. In practical application, yes.

B) shield grab
No.

C) shine oos or samus upB oos
[theorybros]Fox can shine, Falco can't, Samus and Bowser can avoid the grab with up-B invincibility, G&W can up-B out of sheild cause he's BROOOOOOOKEN.[/theorybros]

i'm hearing conflicting answers here. i know it works on the people who don't know it's coming.
You'll win if they tried to shield grab or if they anticipated a jab and waited for it, which is common.

wthey can't grab unless you mess up, since you have 4 frames of advantage. but i think people know not to try this.
You'd be surprised.

if they buffer a spotdodge or roll, then usually you have to be frame perfect, which is very difficult.
If they spot dodge, they will avoid your grab (no matter what) and have a small amount of frame advantage depending on how fast their spot dodge is.

falco's perfect shine oos would take 7 frames minimum, iirc, 6 to jump and shine on the 7th. samus' up b oos is 4 frames? correct me if I'm wrong
Falco's JC shine takes 6 frames. Samus's up-B doesn't hit until frame 4, but is invincible frame 1, which is why it's good out of shield.

I'm not saying fair > grab is unbeatable or that everybody should always do it or anything like that. Like anything else, there are ways around it. That doesn't mean it's bad or that people shouldn't do it. It's just another (mostly) safe option.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i know i'm asking a lot. thanks for all the input and help guys.

so fair grab and fair dsmash make for great mix ups. heh heh heh

i tend to fcbair to dsmash on peoples shields. i never get punished (except after the dsmash if they shielded the whole thing) but i don't exactly play against tournament winners.
can bair to dsmash be shield grabbed?

i play fox and peach and i'm trying to stay into peach instead of convincing myself that fox is better in all aspects. (which he is... lol)

The Irish Mafia

bair dsmash is one of those things that you can count on to work most of the time but you need to do some other things or you will get punished. Also, it ***** doc.
so if you're looking at fair on shield, you could dsmash if you think they're gonna sidestep, and grab if you think they're gonna try to act oos / shieldgrab. Accurate?

MacD

OMG I TOTALLY FORGOT TO TELL YOU GUYS ABOUT UAIR AND IT'S GIMPING ABLITY

basically i was on yoshi's and i floated under the ledge against a falco, instead of upbing i did an uair and the falco fell down to try and shine me but got hit by uair at 0% and it gimped him

connor whitnessed the magic

ZoSo

Smash Champion
can bair to dsmash be shield grabbed?
Anything "can" be shieldgrabbed, but if you do it perfectly it's +2 on block, iirc. In practical application it's probably closer to neutral or -1 or something like that. So you definitely have time to jab, roll, dsmash, dash away, whatever.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i don't know what you mean by +2 on block... or your other use of numbers in that post.

maybe i'm tired, but prolly more likely i just don't know something.

VA

Smash Hero
Everything always is, so by that logic nothing "works."
This is not true, combos where your opponent is in stun and unable to do anything after DI "work". Things where if they react/read your choice correctly and you do it with out thinking it through properly do not "work".

If you fair > grabbed without thinking about anything that happened prior to your fair grab in the match I know a lot of players that wouldn't attempt the shield grab, but I also know a lot of players who would. You gotta know what "works" and when xD

ZoSo

Smash Champion
If you fair > grabbed without thinking about anything that happened prior to your fair grab in the match I know a lot of players that wouldn't attempt the shield grab, but I also know a lot of players who would. You gotta know what "works" and when xD
I agree.

Cia

das kwl
I managed to find game 2 of the TP4 Winner's set that I won against SilentSpectre, if anyone's interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bprax53B2E0

Please ignore the repetitive voice saying "free demo". I couldn't find any other good programs to edit VLC files.

SS ***** me pretty bad in the LF set, unfortunately.

nice finish. I've always liked your Peach :)

"Furii demo!"

haha

g-regulate

Smash Hero
FacT: Vanz beat my scrubby out of practice falcon with sheik, after failing miserably with peach.

next time there will be pain

and then we will jiggs ditto in b+!!

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
@ Bladewise - great matches. I love watching aggressive peach's. Also, nice recoveries on ys. Way to not be predictable.

@g-reg - how far are you from Roanoke, VA? That's where I live during the summer. I definitely want to play more of Virginia after playing tope last weekend. I didn't realize how good our state is.

Cia

das kwl
FacT: Vanz beat my scrubby out of practice falcon with sheik, after failing miserably with peach.

next time there will be pain

and then we will jiggs ditto in b+!!
FacT: this was in like.. 2009 at tournament where i played atrociously. (ask plairnkk, we teamed) that.. and falcon has always been my worst match up. I've even come close to losing to thumbs. (no offense) So, I hope you didn't feel special having beaten my peach :laugh: I'd trash you now anyway.

also, i quit b+ jiggs @pound and i haven't played b+ at all since DSO. get with the times man

:colorful:

MacD

so i watched you vs chops vanz, the tourney set from no johns

i noticed some upsmashes

but did that whole set i was shouting to chops to DI the chain grab, i mean at least then you might mess up

he finally did it last stock last match, and then you pull out some jank upthrow > roll to his DI > tech chase... that is some BS right there

Cia

das kwl
and then you pull out some jank upthrow > roll to his DI > tech chase... that is some BS right there
Its like a smarter version of the Jfox combo!
:laugh::laugh:

why is everyone making fun of my tech chases today? they are so legit, words can describe how legit they are. that's how legit they are.. .. legit

*looks for my thesaurus*

also, i love when ppl try and cc my dash attacks and they just end up grounded. they just end up getting death chased.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Vanz if you already read their mind and know where they're going, you should get creative and D-tilt **** combo lolololol

That free demo thing is pissing me off btw

Top Bottom