• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Yeah I use Fsmash enough to try to keep track of which one I got last. It's useful, golf club ***** for ledgeguarding, and tennis racket sets up so much stuff it's crazy
Frying pan's only good for low percent combos though.

MacD

in my MM vs replicate i would have won 2 stocks last match had i done my normal charging of fsmash, but noooo my brain was like use cstick, and i got the tennis racket (of course) which means it would have been over :(

fsmash is tooo good vanz, i also think it could have use against puff... but i suck against her so idk

list of things to do to you when we play next time

ftilt kill you
fsmash you lots
use the DADS

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
it's an effective bait and mindgame, charge it a bit and hide your CC in it xD
This is close to what Exarch and I do, except w/o the CC. Peach's Fsmash has little enough lag that you can just throw it out and Dsmash people who try to punish.

I don't recommend using it as an edge-guard because a pan can seriously mess you up. If you just got a pan, though, go for it cuz like they said, you won't get it again.

Does anybody know if this mechanic works between deaths (i.e. can you get a pan, die, and get another pan right after)?

VA

Smash Hero
Fsmash is great you can just spam it and people trying to out wait you go into the second one. It's a great mix up in combos, finishing it early with fsmash can really mess someone up. And yeah as a general bait/mindgame, there's lots of stuff you can hide with it. I jab > grabbed someone from it xD

Cia

das kwl
DoH says it's good in peach dittos. It's useful seeing as peach is kinda rangeless, so using a disjointed hitbox gives you a little edge. Also the hitbox is right in the area where people approach you.
It can be used to get the other peach off of you if she's like.. on some unstoppable rampage. but you can never get anything from it which is which i don't use it in dittos.

But if I would use it on any character, it would be Jigglypuff because peach doesn't have many lengthy combos on her anyway.. (also said by macd.. who is inexplicably bad vs Jiggs)

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
It's good if they're trying to Vidjo you with fairs because not only is fsmash disjointed, it has a leanback property that allows her to dodge the crown

MacD

lol vanz

also you beat vwins with puff so i don't think i'm that bad... i'll show you one day

i almost did this cool "combo" on puff in friendlies, i don't remember how it started but it was something like turnip > nair > jab > fsmash but the fsmash missed because i fsmashed towards the puff and she jumped over my head, had i fsmashed behind me it would have hit and looked cool

idk if that is actually right lol, i just remember hit hit jab > fmash that almost hit

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
Is using the toad against falco a good way to deal with his lasers if he comes close? The spores go really far out when you counter it, so i thought maybe it would be a nice surprise.

Cia

das kwl
lol vanz

also you beat vwins with puff so i don't think i'm that bad... i'll show you one day
I'm talking about how you "claim" to be so bad vs Puff. You're actually not too bad vs Jiggs.

Also, how did you know about my set with Vwins? did they upload that?! >_<

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
vanz, did u steal reneblade's sig? I sware i saw him use that earlier.

The Irish Mafia

Callum on the pound ruleset the only stage that's complete ***** for peach is Rainbow Cruise, but not a lot of people are comfortable with that stage so I haven't seen it CP'd. Pokemon Stadium is usually your best bet, or yoshi's story.

Keblerelf, toad is not a reliable way to deal with anything. If you need to counter lazers, learn to powershield consistently. Toad is a one shot gun, if you hit it then great, if you miss it then you'll get punished. Just don't use it more than once.

AnDaLe, yes he did.

MacD

yay power rankings

also i think i suck but that's becasue i don't play any puffs here i guess, idk

also zhu was in your pool, you don't think i talk to him about the peach mains and stuff

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
You have to be of a certain skill level to truly learn from the best player in the world.

Mccain isnt quite there yet.

MacD

hardy har har alan

and like mango ever goes puff anymore, especially against a peach, especially in friendlies

i guess i could try asking nicely or something

MacD

i really should make an application for a new teamate

*New Teamate Wanted*

must do something in teams

also must not get in my way

EDIT: nah i <33333333333 my zhu and all, it's just ever since pound and his "zhu johns" i really don't wanna team with him

GSUB

Smash Lord
i really should make an application for a new teamate

*New Teamate Wanted*

must do something in teams

also must not get in my way

EDIT: nah i <33333333333 my zhu and all, it's just ever since pound and his "zhu johns" i really don't wanna team with him
Don't ditch zhu

you're lucky to have a (for the most part) set in stone partner to get better with
I'm jealous of that.
=/

MacD

screw that, me and lucky ****!!!!!!!

and besides, i can carry practically anyone remotely good i want to money in teams

and most people don't have stupid johns about how they are tired at the biggest tourney ever or how they didn't know chillin was still good

/zhu hate

_Keno_

Smash Lord
hey guys, what can you do a against a falcon that aerial -> 3 hit jabs your shield? If you can't do anything then what do you do if a falcon runs and jumps at you (as if about to do an aerial)? Shield? Jump? Run? =( ?

Edit: Oh, and foxes nair if you are in the air?

Edit2: Is harder for fox to u-air you if you DI in front of him or behind him?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
DI behind fox if you're getting hit with Uair.
Or whatever is opposite to his momentum. He'll fly passed you after the first hit of it (concept goes for uthrow uairs or just dash uairs and all that)

If Falcon jamps at you and you're on the ground, nair him? Depends, you could shield if you see it's a knee and you'll trade or something. And always remember WD OOS is the BEST option so if he doesn't hit your shield, WD out, don't jump...

The Irish Mafia

wait why are you approaching falcon? if you're gonna approach do turnip->fc fair, but falcon is so approach oriented that if you even think about baiting him then he'll run it. just throw turnips at him until he does something.

Top Bottom